Steam Input "driving" mappings not working [KNOWN/FIXED]

dorkster

Steam Input "driving" mappings not working [KNOWN/FIXED]

#1 Post by dorkster » 06 Dec 2021 16:43

This is currently happening in version 1.43.0.72s (Linux). UI/menu inputs seem to work fine, but none of the driving inputs work. Most buttons on my controller are doing nothing, but a few have some response. For example, my right stick click (which is bound to "Interior Camera") detaches the trailer. The were no issues in earlier versions of the beta (sorry, don't know the version number), as well as the stable 1.42.

Game log: https://pastebin.com/raw/BjaZahQA
Komat
SCS Software

Re: Steam Input "driving" mappings not working

#2 Post by Komat » 07 Dec 2021 16:04

One from the recent open beta builds changed the indexing of controller buttons and POV hats on Linux to better match the other platforms and to be more compatible with the UI navigation support. When the game loads input binding setup (controls.sii) created by older version, it does one time re-indexing to match the new state.

There are two possibilities how this can result in the situation you are seeing. One is that the game failed to update the binding for some reason. In this case the buttons would be one-off in one direction (i.e. what was previously bound to B would be now bound to A). Alternatively, if you are switching between 1.43 and 1.42, the updated binding could be loaded and re-saved in the 1.42 version. That would result in repeated re-indexing when loaded back by 1.43 and the buttons would be offset in the other direction (e.g. what was bound to A would be now bound to B or X or other button depending on how many times this did take place).

The quickest way to fix it is to re-bind the buttons on the controller/keyboard options screens.
dorkster

Re: Steam Input "driving" mappings not working

#3 Post by dorkster » 07 Dec 2021 20:12

Fixed it by loading the default recommended Steam Input configuration and then recreating my bindings.

Return to “Bugs 1.43”