Steering in T&T

plykkegaard

Steering in T&T

#1 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2015 07:48

In ETS2 I am using the mouse for steering which works quite well for me, but not in T&T
It is as the tractor sometimes recognizes small movements which I didn't make and the steering feels kind of sluggish
Have to mess around with settings
Any ideas? Yeah I know it's an old game and it's probably not going to help, but worth a try ;-)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Unco

Re: Steering in T&T

#2 Post by Unco » 05 Apr 2015 19:23

ETS2 is, in my opinion, the only SCS game where the tractor seems to go where you tell it to. All other games have a 'floating' kind of feel about them. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I mentioned this a long time ago on an ETS thread and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. Having said that, if you can get over the lack of precise steering feedback, then there are many other aspects where you can enjoy this (T&T) and other games.

I play with a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel, so I am not able to suggest anything about mouse steering. All I can think of is that, as far as I'm aware, mouse steering only became possible (to a decent level) in the last year or so in ETS2, so I can only imagine that it mustn't be as refined in an old game like T&T.
plykkegaard

#3 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2015 19:37

Thanks

STDS does the same, can't run none of the more challenging routes, bugger
It's like the tractor is on ice with lots and lots of over steering unless you stop to crawl
But indeed very interesting concept

Would be a nice addition with the "drivers license" before starting as newbie in ETS2
But well you get the hang of the basics rather quick though ;-)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Scaniabebe

#4 Post by Scaniabebe » 07 Apr 2015 08:01

I also run a DFGT so cannot help on the subject of your Mouse Problems - but I know about that problem with the 'floating' characteristics. Back in the ETS 2008 days, I just got used to it and got on with it! But when I returned to the original game about a year after the ETS2 Launch, it felt awful and completely undriveable - to the point I have hardly played the game since after looking like someone who is unable to even steer a tricycle! :lol:
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
scaniac

#5 Post by scaniac » 01 Jun 2016 23:47

ets2, ats and 18WoS pttm (pedal to the metal) have most precise mouse steering, other games not so well
my Flickr, feel free to take a look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142817695 ... 929025334/
my pc:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.4 GHZ
GPU: N-vidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8 GB ram memory

Return to “Trucks & Trailers”