[REL] ProMods v2.68

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
old.Trucker

Re: [REL] ProMods v2.17

#3321 Post by old.Trucker » 21 Aug 2017 06:43

I suggest to Promods:
- something similar to this above, or
- the first three days 200 kb/s, the next three days a slight increase according to your capabilities and real flow, etc ... ;)
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
Arkus_23

#3322 Post by Arkus_23 » 21 Aug 2017 15:41

But the problem is not with the speed limit - that`s ok, i understand that. The problem is with download itself - +18 adverts (kids are using this mod too) + constant downloading errors so you need to start again and again and again ;)
ETS2-User

#3323 Post by ETS2-User » 21 Aug 2017 17:07

If you disable adblock for adf.ly it will work better and quicker. But yes, I agree that adf.ly is not an ideal solution and I'd like to get rid of it, too.
ProMods Developer for Austria and Svalbard
ProMods Regional coordinator for Central Europe

Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

[ external image ]
Reef

#3324 Post by Reef » 21 Aug 2017 17:46

I thought it gave you no choice but to disable adblock
tonyk

#3325 Post by tonyk » 21 Aug 2017 23:58

How long before 2.20 is ready?
marcel-dutch

#3326 Post by marcel-dutch » 22 Aug 2017 00:14

ETS2-User wrote: 21 Aug 2017 17:07 If you disable adblock for adf.ly it will work better and quicker.
Due to all respect, but there is a reason why I use adblock. And under no circumstances I switch adblock off.
It is not for the first time that via ads really *** and trouble computers will infected.
Asking for switch off adblock is the same to ask to switch of the virus-scanner.
Last edited by Reef on 22 Aug 2017 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swear word edited out, please bare in mind this is a 3+ Pegi rated game and therefore the forum has to reflect a similar rating, thanks.
Blackspots

#3327 Post by Blackspots » 22 Aug 2017 00:45

@tonyk: Its ready when its ready.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
old.Trucker

#3328 Post by old.Trucker » 22 Aug 2017 05:51

It's ready when it's disable adblock and go to adf.ly ... omg ... :o
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
marcel-dutch

#3329 Post by marcel-dutch » 22 Aug 2017 06:43

@BigTrucker: Exactly.

This is what I found about AdF.ly:
This is a link-shorting website that gives the user money when the user shorten a link with it. But the ads displayed puts adware and spyware in the user's computer, and it can fill the user's computer with popups. This can be avoided if the user simply clicks the "skip ad" button and quickly closes the window, or doesn't click the ad at all.

If the user uses an adblocker, It will keep telling the user to deactivate the user's adblocker until the user turn it off. Sometimes it can result in taking longer to skip the ad too.
Source: http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/AdF.ly

I understand that the Promods team needs to earn money, but why they do it via a russian-roulette website I don't understand.
rockandrole18

#3330 Post by rockandrole18 » 22 Aug 2017 07:02

With uBlock Origin on Chrome, I personally don't really get ads, besides maybe one pop-up which uBlock already prevents from loading but just doesn't automatically close the window. What I do to download each part is quickly closing the pop-up, and when getting a message to turn off my adblocker, I click Continue or Next which reloads the page and allows me to proceed to download after waiting another 5 seconds. I think the "Adblock Warning Removal List" is quite essential to use uBlock functionality on many websites, possibly also on adf.ly, so make sure you have that filter installed.

Return to “Maps”