[REL] ProMods v2.68

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Watermark

Re: [REL] ProMods v2.55

#5171 Post by Watermark » 17 Apr 2021 09:21

The port of Poti Georgia doesn't look quite right...

[ external image ]
Digital X

#5172 Post by Digital X » 17 Apr 2021 09:29

Mine looks fine: https://i.imgur.com/zID54xA.jpg

What's your load order for maps? Could be that resulting in a lot of terrain being shifted over.
Watermark

#5173 Post by Watermark » 17 Apr 2021 09:42

You know what would be nice, if the sweet people of SCS would add to the console a proper debugger, it should tell us what mod might or is potentially causing problems and not let us guess...
plykkegaard

#5174 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Apr 2021 09:52

The game cannot detect improber load order
In case of obsolete or incompatible content the game log contains the relevant data, but the game does know from where content originates
It is the modder who should give you the information for which game version is the mod relevant

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5175 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Apr 2021 09:52

do you know how complicated it would b to program something that also has to guess what of your hundreds of mods can cause a conflict in every possible combination that exists ?

no developer will wast time to develop something that is almost impossible and would require an advanced AI to determine "yep, this here is clashing with that, kick it"

the log already says if files are conflicting or not readable/loadable, but it is on the modder to give out the right load order because only they know what files are used and what could cause conflicts
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Digital X

#5176 Post by Digital X » 17 Apr 2021 09:52

game.log can tell most of the issues. dev console can be enabled as you play. enable that in the config file in my documents.

Only thing I can suggest is make a new profile, load ONLY promods and goto Poti again. See what it's like.
Vinnie Terranova

#5177 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 17 Apr 2021 10:22

It would however be really nice if ETS2 and ATS could be more robust by having a better exception handling: sometimes two conflicting mods lead to an unnecessary CTD.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5178 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Apr 2021 10:26

from where do you know it is unnecessary ?, the game crashes to desktop to protect it so no corruption can happen to your game or worse Windows because you have to hard reset it

i would take every CTD i can get before corrupting my data because 2 mods conflicted for no apparent reason that only the modders know why
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#5179 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 17 Apr 2021 10:47

Why does the game sometimes crash to desktop in case of a mod conflict, and not just go back to the mod manager...?
xXCARL1992Xx

#5180 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Apr 2021 10:56

why should it go back to the mod manager ? if the game sees something critical it kills itself immediately, or Windows does it to protect itself and data, this is what every piece of software does, it it sees something that shouldnt happen and is a potential danger the process is killed, going back to the mod manager wouldnt solve anything because you wouldnt know what caused the crash and those a crash log wouldnt even be written or the gamelog would be empty and you still wouldnt know what caused it

the most common crash is because a mod tries to search for something where it isnt supposed to (Index out of boundary) and here, i suppose, it is Windows killing it because it tries to access something it has no right to, this is security measure, suspicious behaviour in game code, kill it before it can do harm and not go back to a manager where the code still can cause harm because the process is still running in memory

the same will always happen with your drivers, wonder why sometimes you screen just flickers for no obvious reason ? your nvidia drivers crashed because Windows killed them to prevent malfunction (same can happen ingame where it goes black and comes back because of driver restart so many times until the game stops and kill itself because drivers cant be re-initialised)

or do you press the stop button on a machine gone rough instead of the emergency cut off because you THINK you can prevent it still ?
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”