[REL] JRR (Java Road Revolution) - Indonesia Map

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Rozuko

Re: [REL]PJ Indo v2.71 & JRR v0.2 - Indonesia Map [April 2021]

#281 Post by Rozuko » 19 Apr 2021 08:33

Thanks for the update septian! fixed the crashes as well. thank you very much! :D
Rafaelkai

#282 Post by Rafaelkai » 19 Apr 2021 10:02

I still having the plates issue with new file, anyone else having it? It's only the front plate of my truck
Stephen Butler

#283 Post by Stephen Butler » 19 Apr 2021 12:25

Hello sir: Once again, many thanks for your hard work, but it does appear that my download client will not accept PJ_Map_v2.71_40...etc. because, it said "Failed - Virus detected." I'm afraid I cannot be mistaken; I am looking at the error message right now. I've never had a map cause a virus before in my experience. Sadly, it will not let me open up the archive at all to see what the offending file might be.
BenganJ

#284 Post by BenganJ » 19 Apr 2021 12:28

@Stephen Butler

There's NO virus in that download file, you've just got a STUPID virus program!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
Stephen Butler

#285 Post by Stephen Butler » 19 Apr 2021 12:38

The stupid virus program is called Windows Defender, I don't know if you know it; it is the first occasion in the thirteen years that I have been playing Euro Truck that a mod has (allegedly) contained a virus.

OK, I finally got the name of the offending virus, but I still cannot determine the exact file, as Windows will not open the archive. The virus name is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml, and it seems not to be on the scs files themselves, but one of the associated files that were put into the archive - PDF files, .png files, those kind of ones. I'm sure that, if it is possible, one could find out what this is and why it is in this archive. Thank you so much.

Cheers, I hope you're doing well.
Digital X

#286 Post by Digital X » 19 Apr 2021 12:40

I've downloaded the latest maps in this thread, plus the fixes. Defender nor Malware Bytes has been triggered.

If it helps I ran virustotal:

JRR: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/63e8 ... /detection

PJ Indo 1.40 Fix https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/c7b5 ... /detection

From the previous page:

Edit 2: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/22b0 ... /detection

Clean as a whistle. It is a false positive.
Stephen Butler

#287 Post by Stephen Butler » 19 Apr 2021 12:53

I'm sure you're right in that whatever it is is not a virus, or a Trojan, but for someone like me, who cannot study and memorise everything connected to and concerned with computers as others can, then I'm sure you can appreciate the difficulty faced by someone like myself who has to put my trust in my anti-virus program to a certain degree, and allow it to do what I believe it was supposed to do. Furthermore, when Windows Defender refuses to open the archive because of this so-called 'trojan,' then I'm stuck. I could switch off every function of WD and then download the file, but there's always that nagging thought, direct from Satan himself I am sure, that... what if... what if it IS a virus...? What if my desktop DOES suddenly turn to yoghurt and start spewing green cottage cheese into my face? Then there is nothing anyone can do, is there, not even a priest. I'd be interested to know why a program like WD provides me with a false positive and then I cannot use the file. What do they gain from doing that? I've got to DELETE the file because every time I try to do something with it, it stops me with an error message, and that's not counting the fact that it won't let me open the archive anyway. Do I have to disable my AV every time I want to do something with PJ Indo, even to move it to another drive? Jesus, computers, it all used to be so simple... the first game I played was in about 1981, and it was text-based on a Sinclair ZX81...
Last edited by Stephen Butler on 19 Apr 2021 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Digital X

#288 Post by Digital X » 19 Apr 2021 12:58

Goodness knows.

Well, turn it off for the download, then re-enable it. But hey, free yoghurt.
Stephen Butler

#289 Post by Stephen Butler » 19 Apr 2021 13:01

Thank you, @Digital X . I hadn't thought of that, and who wants boring old white cottage cheese anyway...
Septian_MR

#290 Post by Septian_MR » 19 Apr 2021 13:03

Stephen Butler wrote: 19 Apr 2021 12:25 Hello sir: Once again, many thanks for your hard work, but it does appear that my download client will not accept PJ_Map_v2.71_40...etc. because, it said "Failed - Virus detected." I'm afraid I cannot be mistaken; I am looking at the error message right now. I've never had a map cause a virus before in my experience. Sadly, it will not let me open up the archive at all to see what the offending file might be.
Interesting..., I think it should be the problem of the "Sh*remods", since there are few annoying "ads" berfore downloading. But if everyone else gets annoyed when downloading these 2 maps, I can reupload them again in another file hosting.
Rafaelkai wrote: 19 Apr 2021 10:02 I still having the plates issue with new file, anyone else having it? It's only the front plate of my truck
Still unresolved? Maybe anyone else have this problem?

Return to “Maps”