[REL] Poland Rebuilding 2.5.8 [1.49]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Leen

Re: [W.I.P] Poland Rebuilding Reworked

#21 Post by Leen » 18 Jun 2017 15:23

No go for me eater if PM map is required, I don't want to play that PM map anymore because you need a really good graphics card and I don't wanna pay that much for a card like a 200 or 300 euro for a map mod.
Grimples

#22 Post by Grimples » 18 Jun 2017 15:41

You have really put a lot of effort into this but it's a pity it requires ProMods, i will never get to use it either.
juizzysquirt

#23 Post by juizzysquirt » 18 Jun 2017 15:54

Poland Rebuilding has been part of PM for years, so why it's an issue now? You do realize there's an option for shorter drawing distances when generating promods definition file, and you can lower your settings ingame too? Usually the CPU is the bottleneck with ETS2/ATS, not the graphics card. I've had acceptable framerates (around 30fps) with GTX 460 + Core 2 Quad Q9300 with medium/high-settings.

Although it must be noted that back then PM wasn't as big as nowadays, so that may not be the case anymore... :)
HaQ
Beta tester

#24 Post by HaQ » 18 Jun 2017 16:02

Last edited by HaQ on 24 Sep 2018 03:33, edited 2 times in total.
Leen

#25 Post by Leen » 18 Jun 2017 16:07

First of all Poland rebuilding was in the beginning a standalone map without the PM map, later PR and PM join together and now PR is no part of PM anymore.
I have a i5 CPU and a GTX750 ti graphics card and still I can't play PM without stutter and lagging but other maps I can play easily without lagging and stutter on high setting and 300% scaling
And when a map is that heavy top play I skip a map mod like that and don't lower settings to play it, if you get used to higher settings you don't wanna play on lower settings.
Arkus_23

#26 Post by Arkus_23 » 18 Jun 2017 16:10

I have i5 and rx270 OC 2 GB and i always have more than 40 FPS in ETS2 so i don`t know what are you talking about. Earlier i had radeon hd 7770 and the only problem was Barcelona on promods map. Scan your machines for viruses because i can`t belive you have such a bad performance on that kind of machine ;)
Wolfi
Beta tester

#27 Post by Wolfi » 18 Jun 2017 16:26

The problem is, back in the day before PR joined PM, Promods map was actually playable. Now it's not (for various technical and personal reasons). But by any means don't bother with us, continue your amazing work. I'm more than sure that most if not all PM users will get PR on their machines again. (heck I may even get in on one of my empty profiles just to be able to drive around properly made Poland again ;) )
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Blackspots

#28 Post by Blackspots » 18 Jun 2017 16:33

Well, for what its worth, with ProMods on a computer with a Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz overclocked to 4.2GHz, 16GB of DDR4 3200 RAM, and a Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX1070 with three monitors, I still get around 15fps in cities, and if I'm lucky 60fps in rural areas. Yet, despite this, I still play it.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
juizzysquirt

#29 Post by juizzysquirt » 18 Jun 2017 16:39

Leen wrote: 18 Jun 2017 16:07 First of all Poland rebuilding was in the beginning a standalone map without the PM map, later PR and PM join together and now PR is no part of PM anymore.
I have a i5 CPU and a GTX750 ti graphics card and still I can't play PM without stutter and lagging but other maps I can play easily without lagging and stutter on high setting and 300% scaling
And when a map is that heavy top play I skip a map mod like that and don't lower settings to play it, if you get used to higher settings you don't wanna play on lower settings.
I think it's the scaling which kills the framerate, I use 100% and set the anti-aliasing only from Nvidia Profile Inspector by Orbmu2k http://www.squirrel.tv/forums/index.php?topic=1348.0 which resulted ~20fps more than ingame MLAA and 400% scaling. Not to mention way better graphics too.
Blackspots

#30 Post by Blackspots » 18 Jun 2017 16:49

Can I use the nVidia control panel to do the same? BTW, the two profile settings (the dropbox link), there is no file there.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “Maps”