Inner German Border Mod 2.2 [REL] (1.45x) East Germany (DDR) + Discord

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
MapMaker

Re: Inner German Border Mod 1.0 RELEASED [WIP/REL]

#11 Post by MapMaker » 18 Nov 2020 18:19

MG Mike,
I want to create something different and give a different experience to the player. And yes i want to show how it worked, just for fun.
Nothing to see here...

Creator of the INNER GERMAN BORDER MAP MOD
TMLM

#12 Post by TMLM » 18 Nov 2020 19:04

scania1515 wrote: 18 Nov 2020 18:08 working with promods
was that a question? Or are you stating it does work with ProMods?
As far as I tried earlier, it crashed the game when using with PM, because PM has recreated this area and therefore it creates broken roads and a CTD.
Sorry for walls of texts, I often can't keep myself short...
MapMaker

#13 Post by MapMaker » 18 Nov 2020 19:31

Well, i can try to make it compatible, yet the further i develop the map the harder it will be to do so.
Nothing to see here...

TMLM

#14 Post by TMLM » 18 Nov 2020 23:55

I'm not too familiar with the area in PM, but as I experienced earlier they have rebuilt that area and 'relocated' the A2 so that your mod crashes the game. You might be able to get it aligned with their road system, but as you said the further you developed it the more difficult it became to keep it comatible.
The other option to integrate it into a map combo would be to make it compatible to EuRoadNet, they have built the modern-day Rastplatz Marienborn with the remains of the old border crossing adjacent in the exact place where your mod is placed when enabling it on that combo. Your mod overwrites that Rastplatz, and you can drive through the two main paths of the old border crossing and the right one in direction East with the level-crossing without incident, but there are some bits of old looking road surface in the normal asphalt road, which make the ride through a tiny bit bumpy, though not unplayable or anything, they are just here and there, acting like a speed hump of sort.
I (with my non-existing modding knowledge, I may be completely wrong) think that as EuRoadNet keeps the vanilla A2 location it would be less work to make your mod fully compatible to that mod (if it is not already, I really just passed it once), but developing the mod further will eventually lead to problems with EuRoadNet as well as they rebuilt Berlin including a ring road if I'm not mistaken.
How far do you plan to expand the mod, only the A2, or parts of Berlin too?
Sorry for walls of texts, I often can't keep myself short...
MapMaker

#15 Post by MapMaker » 19 Nov 2020 00:52

I am currently working on the A2 towards Berlin, so no where near the city yet and my progress has reached the last rest area before the ring road. My furthest mapping can be seen on the red square on the map.
[ external image ]
Nothing to see here...

Macedon1anYosh1

#16 Post by Macedon1anYosh1 » 19 Nov 2020 09:40

scania1515 wrote: 18 Nov 2020 18:08 working with promods
No? Someone else tested it and it wasn't working with promods, but it works with euroadnet
Frate

#17 Post by Frate » 19 Nov 2020 12:43

Interesting idea, but I don´t see a reason to use it as that border doesn´t exist anymore.
The Nightgames

#18 Post by The Nightgames » 19 Nov 2020 13:12

Hello Together

today I tried to test this mod with the EuRoadNet and the Inner German Border Mod. It works as far as it works so well but there is a little problem and this is in the area of Schierke

You only had to put together the sectors of the EuRoadNet and the Inner German Border Mod

Here are two pictures of the comparison

Once with the Inner German Border Mod
[ external image ]

and once without the Inner German Border Mod
[ external image ]
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H4B9gWTRyc (ERN-Map)
Support_Rhineland Map: https://discord.gg/HJdX64sfPF (Rhineland Map)
MapMaker

#19 Post by MapMaker » 19 Nov 2020 16:10

I don't understand the problem. Is it more cosmetic or something to look into?
Nothing to see here...

The Nightgames

#20 Post by The Nightgames » 19 Nov 2020 16:24

The problem is there is a section of road that has been removed
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H4B9gWTRyc (ERN-Map)
Support_Rhineland Map: https://discord.gg/HJdX64sfPF (Rhineland Map)

Return to “Maps”