[REL]New Concept Map V.1.1 (version for ets2-V1.41)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ianb

Re: [WIP]New Concept Map

#21 Post by ianb » 12 May 2021 22:21

Will the price of upgrade be the same
The Nightgames

#22 Post by The Nightgames » 13 May 2021 06:42

Your work looks very interesting
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H4B9gWTRyc (ERN-Map)
Support_Rhineland Map: https://discord.gg/HJdX64sfPF (Rhineland Map)
sonic64

#23 Post by sonic64 » 13 May 2021 08:37

I can't wait to test this new garage. It's a very good job.
tutoveenee

#24 Post by tutoveenee » 13 May 2021 15:25

ianb wrote: 12 May 2021 22:21 Will the price of upgrade be the same
Yes, the price of updating the garage will be the same.
But you can always edit the corresponding file where you can modify the price of each update.
MG Mike

#25 Post by MG Mike » 13 May 2021 22:21

Hi again,

Yes I understand your point about what is work or what is home.. It was only meant as an example.
My main question was if this symbol for the garage somewhere availible as a single thing for a Mapper who wamts to do a similar thing as you. Or did you extract it especially for this project somehow?

Until now I have only seen this symbol at a standard garage.. Exept for the southern region map. There is at least one city which has also a non standard garage. But I haven't seen this symbol for the garage as a free to use thing for mappers.?!

Anyway it looks very interesting. Good luck for Our work👍
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
Arayas

#26 Post by Arayas » 14 May 2021 01:13

Great ideea and sience SCS improved dealers prefabs, that old garage prefab need a change also, and this ideea is great.
If your garages have different base (as size) it's impossible to replace them in base map without editing the map itself. SCS garages are exact same size and the game just replace one prefab with the other when you upgrade the garage.
If your variants are in different sizes, also the "upgrade" is not possible.
I see this more like a custom prefab used by mappers once its released but with no option to upgrade. ;)

@MG Mike, the option for placing just the garage icon in a map exists for some time. The same as gas and service icons. But in garage situation, those are tricky, because they are defined in "game_data.sii" and there are many mods using that file (like Sound fixes pack, for example).
Any mod placed above your map containing that file will erase your definitions and you will remain with NO garage whatsoever. My advice is not to use it.

If this mod use the same method to place the garage icon...that's a problem.
Roextended Project
MG Mike

#27 Post by MG Mike » 14 May 2021 07:03

Hi Arayas

Thanks for that information. As I wrote I only saw at southern Region map before and I don't know if it is still there. It was some longer time in the past.

As I understood tutoveenee wants to change every single garage in every city. Therefore he wrote in first post :

"Each garage is unique. No two garages are the same. In this way, each city where there is a garage will be different from the rest."

So this will be a big project and if it should be usable with other maps together there has been to make special versions for each map.. So that is very much work.. But we will see what's going on there...
EuRoadNet
tutoveenee

#28 Post by tutoveenee » 14 May 2021 11:42

Well, the situation is as indicated by the partner ((Arayas)).
And as it well says. The SCS garages are all the same size. But my garages are a different size. And for that reason. It is not a copy, paste. It is that each garage in each city is different.
On whether this map would be compatible with other maps.
My answer is yes. Since, the garages are still where the original SCS garages are. But with a somewhat larger size. And as the only modification of the map for now. It is removing a SCS garage for my garage. There should be no problems. With those other maps. That they maintain the original position of the SCS garages. But if the map that we add changes the location of the original garage for a different one. My map will not be compatible. For that reason I wanted to keep the original location. To be compatible with as many maps as possible, from other creators.

Greetings to all.
MG Mike

#29 Post by MG Mike » 14 May 2021 12:07

Ah so the area of the garage will remain at the same size as the standard garages from SCS, but the size of the buildings will be different from city to city..
EuRoadNet
tutoveenee

#30 Post by tutoveenee » 14 May 2021 12:16

MG Mike wrote: 14 May 2021 12:07 Ah so the area of the garage will remain at the same size as the standard garages from SCS, but the size of the buildings will be different from city to city..

No. The size of my garage is larger than the size of the SCS garage.
What makes each garage different is within the map editor. Because I have added garage by garage, different decorations. But the garage is the same for everyone.

Example: A garage may have workers, trucks, or boxes in one location and another garage may have them in another. One garage may have trees on one site and another garage may have no trees.

Return to “Maps”