Because there are a lot of questions about the actual skinning of the the rims from Abasstreppas, I made a small skinning tool (for Gimp), to make skinning easier. All templates needed are already imported into it, nicely organized in different layer groups. I haven't made one to use in PhotoShop because I'm not using it. So if someone could help me out on this, I'll gladly add it here.
The paintable rims are skinned by 3 different .dds files:
- color_1.dds - Basic steel 9 inch front, rear, 11 inch with round holes
- color_2.dds - Basic steel 11 inch heavy duty and oval holes
- color_3.dds - Maxion wheels
- hubs_color.dds - Scania hubs
- hub2_color.dds - DAF and Volvo/Renault hubs
- hub3_color.dds - MAN and MB hubs
- hub4_color.dds - Iveco hubs
The text on the rim is skinned by one single .dds texture file: text_1.dds
If you alter a .dds file, don't forget to include mipmaps, otherwise it won't work. Also make sure to read the Custom_coloring_readme.txt file included in the download from the actual mod from Abasstreppas! I t also contains very useful info on skinning.
Link to the >> folder << on my dropbox.
What's in the dropbox folder:
- Abasstreppas Rims v3.0 - Skinning tool for Gimp.xcf [list]The actual file for use with Gimp.
- These will replace the rainbow coloring from the original mod.
List of all painted rims, currently just one (Painted_Rims - Red_White.scs), but more will be added.
- List of all rim texts, currently just one (Rim_text - Low ... is a lifestyle (Red).scs). So if you guys have any ideas, I can add more to the list.
Finally, one remark on the extra painting mods: you can add just ONE rim coloring mod, and ONE rim text mod. Also make sure to give them a higher priority in your modmanager than the actual mod from Abasstreppas.
I hope this will make skinning the rims easier.