Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Carsmaniac

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates [now with templates for mods!]

#111 Post by Carsmaniac » 17 Sep 2020 13:20

Hey all, I've just released an additional template pack containing templates for 25 great truck and trailer mods! They're all in the same format and quality as my existing templates, with 4k truck templates, 2k trailers and PSDs with layers for each part. I've also uploaded an update to the main template pack, with a few minor fixes :)

While a pack with a bunch of random mods' templates might not make sense at first glance, I've found that in the course of maintaining a number of paintjob packs I've occasionally wanted to add support for a truck mod, and hunting down a new template each time was a little annoying.

The full list of supported mods, with download links, can be found here, as well as within the download itself. Please let me know if you see any errors or missing parts! Enjoy! :)
mamba001

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates [now with templates for mods!]

#112 Post by mamba001 » 18 Sep 2020 10:23

A big Thanks for the great Work Carsmaniac...
;)
Soundwave

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#113 Post by Soundwave » 11 Oct 2020 12:40

You good Sir are a Godsend! Thank you so much for this!

Cheers from Iceland!
Atli Jarl.
My WoT Page

ThinkStation P500 - Xeon E5-1650v3/32GB // ThinkPad P70 - Xeon E3-1505M/64GB
ThinkPad W540 - i7-4800MQ/32GB // ThinkPad W520 - i7-2720QM/32GB
ThinkPad T450s - i7-5600U/12GB // Yoga 900 - i7-6500U/16GB

[ external image ]
SimLive

#114 Post by SimLive » 27 Nov 2020 11:14

is this file/pack also in other websites?
and in 16K render the Paintjobs is possible?
RoadNett Developer
Thndrhwk

#115 Post by Thndrhwk » 03 Dec 2020 14:37

Any chance for the new Cascadia templete?
Carsmaniac

#116 Post by Carsmaniac » 04 Dec 2020 23:23

@Thndrhwk I've just added Cascadia templates to the ATS pack, you can grab it in this thread!

@SimLive I haven't uploaded this template pack anywhere else, if you see it elsewhere then others have reuploaded it. The templates are licensed under CC0 though, so anyone is free to reupload them as they like :) I won't be making 16k templates, as there's little demand the the downloads would be huge, but you can still make 16k paintjobs with these templates. If you make a 16k image and just stretch a 4k template out to completely fill it, everything should still line up perfectly.
SimLive

#117 Post by SimLive » 05 Dec 2020 10:43

@Carsmaniac Oke :)
RoadNett Developer
twings

#118 Post by twings » 02 Jan 2021 13:34

Hi, @Carsmaniac!
Happy New Year!
Thx for your 'Complete pack of truck & trailer templates'!
I have a question regarding templates for Schwarzmüller accessories, i.e.: 'Chassis Front - Painted Side Skirt + Painted Box' (files: Chassis Front (Left) - Painted Side Skirt + Painted Box.png & Chassis Front (Right) - Painted Side Skirt + Painted Box.png).
Where are here parts for pained side skirts? For example if I want to do distinct skins for side skirts & boxes? In the def-files for Schwarzmüller trailers these accessories are named: 'accessory_addon_data : sp2p_b1p.schwmuller.curtain.chs_f_l' & 'accessory_addon_data : sp2p_b1p.schwmuller.curtain.chs_f_r'.
Thanks you in advance!
Carsmaniac

#119 Post by Carsmaniac » 03 Jan 2021 08:11

@twings The accessories on the Schwarzmüller trailers are kind of wack, their UV-mapping is a bit all-over-the-place. The specific sideskirts you mentioned - sp2p_b1p - take one texture and apply it to both the sideskirt rail and the painted box. Unfortunately, these two parts are supposed to be textured at different aspect ratios, and their UV-maps simply overlap each other. If you make a nice design to go on the painted box part, it'll be weird and stretched-out on the sideskirt rail. If you instead make a design that fits on the sideskirt rail (with a 2048x256 texture, for example), it'll be weirdly compressed on the painted box.

The situation kind of sucks either way, and believe me I spent an entire afternoon trying to get combinations of accessories and UV maps that worked better, but this is the best you can do. I'd personally recommend you ignore sp2p_b1p and just make it a solid colour, don't try to fit a logo or complicated design onto it, it won't work that well.
twings

#120 Post by twings » 03 Jan 2021 16:41

@Carsmaniac Ok! Thx! I suppose, at first, that it was my problem with this template! ;)

Return to “Skins”