Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Dredgemaster69

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#101 Post by Dredgemaster69 » 01 Sep 2020 20:26

Thanks
Joko_P

#102 Post by Joko_P » 12 Sep 2020 12:06

Thank you a lot for this one. But I have a question, do you have the template for Mercedes New Actros (MP4) sideskirts for 6x2 short and 6x2 long chassis? I know the sideskirt template is included in the main truck template, but apparently that template only works for 4x2 chassis only (the sideskirt). Once I installed sideskirt for 6x2 long and/or short chassis, it doesn't fit (kinda misaligned). But if you don't have, then it's okay.
Check out my Steam Workshop, and my WOT Profile too!
pete_agreatguy

#103 Post by pete_agreatguy » 12 Sep 2020 14:11

Joko_P wrote: 12 Sep 2020 12:06 Thank you a lot for this one. But I have a question, do you have the template for Mercedes New Actros (MP4) sideskirts for 6x2 short and 6x2 long chassis? I know the sideskirt template is included in the main truck template, but apparently that template only works for 4x2 chassis only (the sideskirt). Once I installed sideskirt for 6x2 long and/or short chassis, it doesn't fit (kinda misaligned). But if you don't have, then it's okay.
Mohegan has them here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Oxxa ... sp=sharing
Please check out my mods, ty 8-) WoT :)

Mods Studio 2 Dev (create mods the easy way)

Enthoo Pro TG, SS 850W Plat, Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, AMD 5700X, 32GB 3600mhz, Sapphire 7800XT 16GB, Kingston & Samsung nvme, Win 10 Pro x64
Carsmaniac

#104 Post by Carsmaniac » 13 Sep 2020 06:08

@Joko_P all of the other sizes of sideskirts are included in the PSD file. If you don't have Photoshop, you could also use GIMP to open it.

In case you want them in PNG format, here's a zip of all of them - 3 variations in 3 sizes
Joko_P

#105 Post by Joko_P » 13 Sep 2020 06:14

Carsmaniac wrote: 13 Sep 2020 06:08 @Joko_P all of the other sizes of sideskirts are included in the PSD file. If you don't have Photoshop, you could also use GIMP to open it.

In case you want them in PNG format, here's a zip of all of them - 3 variations in 3 sizes
Whoa, I'm really sorry I didn't know it was included in the PSD file. Yeah I don't use Photoshop, I use Paint.NET. I'll install GIMP after this. I'm truly sorry I didn't know 😅
Carsmaniac

#106 Post by Carsmaniac » 13 Sep 2020 06:22

No worries @Joko_P! You don't even have to download GIMP to open .PSD files, you can download the Paint.NET PSD Plugin and keep using the program you're familiar with. Happy paintjob-ing :)
Joko_P

#107 Post by Joko_P » 13 Sep 2020 07:24

Ah, thank you @Carsmaniac again for the PSD Plugin link. It works nicely, thank you so much!
Mr Skinman

#108 Post by Mr Skinman » 16 Sep 2020 19:12

Hi, Hopefully i dont sound like a noob regarding skinning with that said i am new to skinning ive completed 4 trucks and 8 trailers all with your templates so thank you.

But there is one thing i need help with regards to Mod Studio there is "Simple Truck Skins" and "Advanced Trucks Skins" which include scania, Volvo, Man and Renault T. Within the Advanced Truck Skins you have the accessories tab where you can select parts but within the simple skin trucks there is no accessories tab but i discovered there is a "SCS TOOL" tab and in that tab there is a "Vehicle option" and in that vehicle option you can select any truck and change it from "Simple Truck Skins" to "Advanced Truck Skins" which will then give you the accessory option to select an accessory but the problem i'm having is when i input the accessory/part name it doesn't change anything in-game so i'm assuming i'm naming the part incorrectly.
Thanks
Carsmaniac

#109 Post by Carsmaniac » 16 Sep 2020 21:56

Hey @dannykay89, I'm afraid I can't be of much help as I don't use Mods Studio myself. From what I gather, there are a few trucks that have accessory templates in my pack, but don't support advanced skins in Mods Studio: both DAFs, both Mercedes-Benzes and (maybe) the older-generation Scanias. For these trucks, separate accessory textures are only used for tuning pack DLC parts, so they're not required per se. I always include them to ensure maximum compatibility with my paintjob mods, but I suppose not everyone does. You might be able to find updated Mods Studio database entries for those vehicles (I think they're XMLs?), or you could just ignore those parts. Another option, other than learning how to make paintjobs manually, is to use Paintjob Packer, which automatically makes "advanced" paintjobs for all vehicles that support them.

Alternatively, if you want to enter the accessory info yourself, you can have a look through Paintjob Packer's vehicle database files on GitHub. The format isn't compatible with Mods Studio, but if you have a poke around you'll be able to see what the internal names of all the accessories are. For example, the DAF XF Euro 6's chassis cover is "r_chs_cover.ch_4x2_p" and "r_chs_cover.ch_6x4_p", for the 4x and 6x cover respectively.

Best of luck!
Mr Skinman

#110 Post by Mr Skinman » 17 Sep 2020 06:34

Thank you for your responce.
Thank you, i joined the mod studio discord server and got help to the point of replacing a XML which then gives the accessories available to select the only part that isn't included in that XML is the Diva chassis cover which i opened the XML and added that part.
Thank you for the paintjob packer that will come in use if i ever need to add parts on how they are written when editing the XML.
Once again thank you.

Return to “Skins”