Paint Job Packer is a lightweight mod making tool for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator. It allows you to generate simple paint job mods, with a focus on mods that support multiple vehicles.
- Cross-platform support, with Windows, macOS and Linux versions
- Support for player-owned trailers, including those from DLCs
- Support for trucks using the newer accessory-based paintjob system, like the Scania S and MAN TGX Euro 6
- Support for as many vehicles as you like in a single mod
- Built-in support for >100 truck and trailer mods, full list here
- Support for separate paintjobs for each cabin of a truck, in case a single texture doesn't work for all of them
- Optionally includes readymade 4k templates for each vehicle, which can be downloaded separately here (ETS 2) and here (ATS)
Download - Supports Windows, macOS and Linux!
GitHub page - Paint Job Packer is open source!
Do you speak multiple languages? You can help translate Paint Job Packer on Crowdin to allow even more people to make paint job mods :)
Paint Job Packer doesn't make a completed mod from the get-go. Instead, it makes what I call "custom example mods", giving you all the files you need for your mod, but with placeholders standing in for every image/texture. You then go through and replace all the placeholder images with your own to complete the mod. Since you usually have to test and tweak a paint job many times before it's ready, generating paintjobs this way means you only have to run the program once.
If you'd like an all-in-one mod making program, or you'd like to make metallic paint jobs, paint jobs with changeable colours, or non-paint job mods, I highly recommend Mods Studio 2.
I made a tutorial video explaining how to make paintjob mods using Paint Job Packer, including generating their files, working with templates and uploading to Steam Workshop. You can watch it by clicking on the thumbnail below:
[ external image ]
If you'd like to keep up to date with all of my projects, you can follow me on Ko-fi, where you can also support my work with a tip.
Latest release: v1.9.2, 2022-06-06
Full changelog available on GitHub