[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xiritianya

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#141 Post by xiritianya » 29 Oct 2021 05:19

HELP!!

use paintjob packer Made MOD upload The following tips
QQ截图20211029131406.jpg
QQ截图20211029133048.jpg
QQ截图20211029133240.jpg
Carsmaniac

#142 Post by Carsmaniac » 29 Oct 2021 22:25

@Kamikaze500 and @Turkish25 Yes! I'm planning on adding support for a bunch of vehicles including Gloover's TGX and Dotec's new trailers. I'm a bit too busy with IRL work right now, but once it's over you can expect an update with support for them :)

@xiritianya I'm not sure why you're experiencing that issue. It looks like the problem is with the SCS Workshop Uploader, not Paintjob Packer, uploading a Paintjob Pack mod to the Workshop shouldn't be any different to uploading any other kind of mod. You need to browse to the preview image before clicking the upload button, did you click the button first, then browse to the image afterwards maybe? Sorry I can't be of more help, good luck fixing the issue!

(译者:DeepL) 我不知道为什么你会遇到这个问题。看起来问题出在SCS工作室的上传器上,而不是Paintjob Packer,上传Paintjob Pack模型到工作室应该和上传任何其他类型的模型没有任何区别。你需要在点击上传按钮之前链接预览图片,你是不是先点击按钮,然后再链接图片?很抱歉我不能提供更多的帮助,祝你能解决这个问题!
xiritianya

#143 Post by xiritianya » 30 Oct 2021 07:37

It has been solved, thank you,I have a problem with the operation steps!
Turkish25

#144 Post by Turkish25 » 30 Oct 2021 08:12

Appreciate it, thank you :)
Bober_Dober

#145 Post by Bober_Dober » 01 Nov 2021 15:02

Hello. I have a problem with launch PP. The program simply does not start. Firstly, program giving out error with missing api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll. I install VC redist 2019, then giving out two errors in turn, attached the translation of the Russian-language part of the error to the screenshot. Computer restarted, no results. Windows 7 x64
Error 1
Error 1
Error 1.PNG (24.56 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Error 2
Error 2
Kamikaze500

#146 Post by Kamikaze500 » 08 Nov 2021 18:50

Hello, can someone help me with this? i want the white parts in black too but don´t know how

https://bilderupload.org/bild/114597388 ... -194221-00
Carsmaniac

#147 Post by Carsmaniac » 13 Nov 2021 02:19

@Bober_Dober I'm not sure what is causing that error. Nothing in Paintjob Packer creates an error called "Fatal error detected", so it's like an error from PyInstaller, the program I used to turn Paintjob Packer from a .py file into an .exe. If you have python installed, you could try downloading the source code and running packer.py, that might work. However judging by your screenshots, it looks like you're using Windows 7, which isn't supported by Paintjob Packer. A few people have reported weird issues before, and they seem to be unique to Windows 7, so you could try running the source code version, upgrade to Windows 10, or use a different program like Mods Studio. Sorry!

@Kamikaze500 This is a known bug with the Scania T mod. The rear chassis cover (the white part in your screenshot) does have a spot on the template, but for whatever reason the model in-game doesn't use it. This is an issue with the truck mod, and I can't fix it unfortunately, but as a workaround you can add a line to one of your .sii files and change the base colour of the paint job. Go into your mod folder, go to def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/paint_job and open the file with "_settings.sui" in its name. Then add a new line with "base_color_locked: false" at the end, just like this, making sure to leave an extra blank line at the end of the file. Then in-game you'll get a colour picker, and if you change that colour the chassis cover should change to match it. You might need to sell and re-buy your paint job for it to take effect. Good luck!
Kamikaze500

#148 Post by Kamikaze500 » 13 Nov 2021 08:56

Carsmaniac wrote: 13 Nov 2021 02:19 @Bober_Dober I'm not sure what is causing that error. Nothing in Paintjob Packer creates an error called "Fatal error detected", so it's like an error from PyInstaller, the program I used to turn Paintjob Packer from a .py file into an .exe. If you have python installed, you could try downloading the source code and running packer.py, that might work. However judging by your screenshots, it looks like you're using Windows 7, which isn't supported by Paintjob Packer. A few people have reported weird issues before, and they seem to be unique to Windows 7, so you could try running the source code version, upgrade to Windows 10, or use a different program like Mods Studio. Sorry!

@Kamikaze500 This is a known bug with the Scania T mod. The rear chassis cover (the white part in your screenshot) does have a spot on the template, but for whatever reason the model in-game doesn't use it. This is an issue with the truck mod, and I can't fix it unfortunately, but as a workaround you can add a line to one of your .sii files and change the base colour of the paint job. Go into your mod folder, go to def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/paint_job and open the file with "_settings.sui" in its name. Then add a new line with "base_color_locked: false" at the end, just like this, making sure to leave an extra blank line at the end of the file. Then in-game you'll get a colour picker, and if you change that colour the chassis cover should change to match it. You might need to sell and re-buy your paint job for it to take effect. Good luck!
Thanks for your help :)
zordem

#149 Post by zordem » 01 Dec 2021 01:02

My skins dont show up ingame, does anyone have an idea on why they dont show up?

Edit: Fixed the problem, settings price to 0 will make the game not showing skins.
Last edited by zordem on 05 Dec 2021 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
m1keY

#150 Post by m1keY » 01 Dec 2021 14:08

@zordem please upload your gamelog.txt to pastebin.com or similar on-line-read-directly---pages

Return to “Skins”