[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Arnook

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#31 Post by Arnook » 30 Sep 2020 09:20

Interesting tool , will give it a go with Kasts trailers !
Thanks for sharing !
Carsmaniac

#32 Post by Carsmaniac » 01 Oct 2020 00:29

I've just released a new version of Paintjob Packer with support for the brand-new Western Star 49X! It only has a single cabin option in-game, but I'll be sure to add support for additional cabins as they become available :)

Version 1.5
  • Added support for Western Star 49X
  • Added support for three ATS mods
  • Fixed certain characters in paintjob names causing Paintjob Packer to crash
And sorry @LudoModding, because of the way the game works you'll need to go through the templates truck by truck. Each one is slightly different.
Ludo Diabolo

#33 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 01 Oct 2020 11:25

@Carsmaniac

no worries I understand very well, in any case thank you to you for this very practical software of use I am finally in hand, now begins the long work of Skin of my fleet lol.

Continue your good work and thank you for your reactivity on the updates ;) .

Would it be possible in a future update to include Mudflaps skins ?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Ludo Diabolo

#34 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 02 Oct 2020 11:50

I am astonished to see that still nobody still nobody report it, but the K100 of Mr Overfloats it does not go with the software, may have found our work of paintings in the list of the trucks, but in store impossible to find the painting ! ! !

Myquandro

#35 Post by Myquandro » 08 Oct 2020 18:24

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t get this program to work.

The first two things so did was installing Python 3 on my PC and downloading the zip file from GitHub.

In the folder there is the file packer.py (and beside that a README file, LICENSE file, .gitignore file and a library folder)

Opening, double clicking or opening with python don’t do anything. It doesn’t give any reaction, no warning, no weird programs opening, nothing.

What am I doing wrong here?
Carsmaniac

#36 Post by Carsmaniac » 08 Oct 2020 21:57

@LudoModding I haven't run into that issue myself, paintjobs for the K100-E always work for me. It's possible you're trying to use an internal name that's already used by another K100-E paintjob, try changing your internal name to something different and see if the problem persists

I think the issue comes from a typo (?) in the K100-E mod. There are four trucks you can buy from the mod trucks dealer, the Standard, VIT, Aerodyne and Aerodyne VIT, and if you buy the VIT, you won't be able to see any custom paintjobs at the upgrade shop, but if you buy any of the others you will. And it's not related to the cabin either, you could buy the Standard, for example, then switch to the VIT cabin, and you will be able to see your paintjobs. If you instead just buy the VIT from the dealer, you won't be able to see your paintjobs. The problem comes from a difference in that particular truck's internal name. The K100-E's internal name is "k100e_of" with one underscore, but for the VIT entry only it's "k100e__of" with two underscores, so if you buy that truck you'll never see your own custom paintjobs, as the game is looking for paintjobs made for the "k100e__of", while yours are made for the "k100e_of".

@Myquandro I'm not 100% sure what's happening, but my guess is that Python isn't starting correctly, or isn't opening packer.py. Try downloading this test file and running it, if it works it'll say "If you can see this, Python should be working". If it does work, it's possible that Paintjob Packer can't find some of the files it needs to run, so it just closes instead. I've just pushed an update to GitHub which should catch this, try downloading the zip (from the main page instead of the releases, like this) and see if you run into the same problem. If you do, make sure you're extracting the entire .zip somewhere, instead of running packer.py straight out of the zip itself.
ReyhanRamadhan

#37 Post by ReyhanRamadhan » 12 Oct 2020 02:22

Is it just me or anyone? :mrgreen:
That have problem "Failed to execute pyi_rth_multiprocessing" after instaling and launch the program? i'm trying the portable version too and same result :|
Carsmaniac

#38 Post by Carsmaniac » 12 Oct 2020 22:14

@ReyhanRamadhan It looks like that could be caused by one of two things. Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? The program that I use to turn Paintjob Packer into a working program dropped support for Windows 7 in May, so while it might work, it's not guaranteed.

The other thing you could try is installing Python, then downloading the source code version and running it from packer.py. That might work if Windows 7 is the issue, and if not it'll hopefully get far enough to give you an error explaining what's going wrong :)
ReyhanRamadhan

#39 Post by ReyhanRamadhan » 13 Oct 2020 04:02

@Carsmaniac Ah yeaaaap i'm running windows 7 at the moment hahaha. I'll try mate, thanks for reply ;)
Ludo Diabolo

#40 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 05 Nov 2020 08:00

Going to update to add new trailers ?

and would it be possible for you to put the BDF Tandem pack from Flemming ?

Return to “Skins”