[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
seth_haveron

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#121 Post by seth_haveron » 27 Aug 2021 21:35

Carsmaniac wrote: 17 Jun 2021 01:33 @Kaldie Neither of the mods you linked to were uploaded by their original authors, and I don't support reuploaded mods in Paintjob Packer. No worries re: the templates, I make all of the templates available in Paintjob Packer myself, including all the truck and trailer mods.

Whenever those two mods are updated the link will change, e.g. that Scania 1-series link only gives you v2.3, when v2.4 comes out it'll have a different download link. The only sites I've found that have static links are Steam Workshop, the SCS Forums, Trucky Mod Hub, authors' own sites (including Facebook pages sometimes) and maybe ModLand (only if they're actually uploaded by the original author, not reuploaded by mods82 or something link that). If a mod isn't available on one of those, it likely won't be added to Paintjob Packer.

If a mod is uploaded by the original author, the link to that upload remains the same when the mod is updated, and it's available free of charge, I'll support it in Paintjob Packer. If not, I won't. That automatically excludes hundreds of mods, including the Scania 1-series, but I do not condone mod stealing/reuploading, and I won't add support for a mod unless it comes from the original author. I hope that clears things up.
this site is known for stealing mods without asking for permission .

even my workshop exclusive skins had been pirated and reclaimed on this site before i had to step on some toes.
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
ThunderSky

#122 Post by ThunderSky » 05 Sep 2021 12:48

Can I make a metallic paint job with this program?
weejohn67

#123 Post by weejohn67 » 06 Sep 2021 12:51

@ThunderSky read 1st page
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
VKNxMedia

#124 Post by VKNxMedia » 11 Sep 2021 02:55

Everytime I go to generate the output I get the following error.

Code: Select all

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:/Users/TheFi/Desktop/ATS Paints/Paintjob Packer Output/VKN_LGX_MKI/Mod_Manager_Image.jpg'

Traceback:
  File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1892, in __call__

File "packer.py", line 399, in <lambda>

File "packer.py", line 738, in check_if_folder_clear

File "packer.py", line 829, in make_paintjob

File "library\paintjob.py", line 136, in copy_mod_manager_image
    shutil.copyfile("library/placeholder files/mod_manager_image.jpg", output_path + "/Mod_Manager_Image.jpg")

File "shutil.py", line 264, in copyfile
Fresh install, never installed on this system before.

EDIT: Fixed the issue, apparently it was just a simple issue with my PC not granting it the correct permissions automatically. Simply went in and did myself and now it works.

Any chance of getting the Galimim version of the Mack Pinnacle into the program? It seem's the one by Red is pretty much dead at this point where as the Galimim one is compatible with the current version of the game. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2288125958
Carsmaniac

#125 Post by Carsmaniac » 13 Sep 2021 01:30

@VKNxMedia Thanks for letting me know. I've seen that crash reported a few times, I'll add a check into the program so that it just gives you a little error popup instead of crashing. As for the Pinnacle, the two trucks are similar enough that a paintjob for one version should work for the other as well. I'll add Galimim's in the next update, so you'll be able to choose, although when it comes to paintjobs the only difference is a few small parts on the template as far as I know :)
That1GuyITC

#126 Post by That1GuyITC » 14 Sep 2021 01:30

Any plans to update it to add the new International LT?
That1GuyITC

#127 Post by That1GuyITC » 14 Sep 2021 01:31

Any plans to update it to add the new International LT?
Pettel

#128 Post by Pettel » 14 Sep 2021 21:23

Hey! thanks for that nice tool ! ;)

Regards! ;)
Carsmaniac

#129 Post by Carsmaniac » 15 Sep 2021 02:16

I've just released a new version with support for SCS's International LT! It's been ready since the LT was released, but since I had other features in the pipeline, I figured I'd include everything in a single update.

Version 1.8
  • Improved bus mod support
  • Added support for SCS's International LT
  • Added support for five mods
    • Harven's International HX520
    • JorgeGamer44444's Kenworth T660
    • Galimim's Mack Pinnacle CHU613 (alongside Redd's version)
    • OyuncuyusBis's Mercedes-Benz Tourismo
    • ridh's SKSBUS e138i
  • Fixed two crashes
    • KeyError: 'mod link workshop' - Caused by leftover vehicle database files from previous versions of Paintjob Packer. These are now deleted on startup.
    • PermissionError: [Errno13] Permission denied - Caused by Paintjob Packer not having write permission in the chosen save directory. The directory is now checked beforehand, and if Paintjob Packer doesn't have write permission a message is displayed instead of the program just crashing.
Last edited by Carsmaniac on 15 Sep 2021 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
DAFmanXFE6

#130 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 15 Sep 2021 09:19

Thanks so much @Carsmaniac really like this program :)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!

Return to “Skins”