[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DAFmanXFE6

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#101 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 11 Jun 2021 18:45

Carsmaniac wrote: 11 Jun 2021 01:26 I've released a minor update that adds support for the new DAF 2021!

Version 1.6.3
  • Added support for the DAF 2021
Thank you for updating so quickly, massively appreciated. I echo the words above, I only have this one installed for my paint jobs! Have also redone some older ones using this to make them better. :)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Kaldie

#102 Post by Kaldie » 12 Jun 2021 08:00

Great tool mate ! I use it a lot. Could you please add the Scania 1-Series with the Kässbohrer BDF Box and it's Tandem trailer to the list ?
Carsmaniac

#103 Post by Carsmaniac » 12 Jun 2021 23:58

If the 1-Series ever gets uploaded to a website where the link doesn't change each update (i.e. SCS Forums, Steam Workshop, Trucky Mod Hub or the author's own site) by the author I'd be happy to add support for it, but at the moment I can only find reuploads for it on various websites, and Shoofer's facebook page has been inactive since 2016.

It's a similar story with the Kässbohrer SRI (I'm assuming you meant the SRI? I couldn't find a Kässbohrer BDF mod online, at least not on any reputable sites), the original post hasn't been updated and no longer works on the latest version of the game, and the only fixes I can find are reuploads.
JD6

#104 Post by JD6 » 13 Jun 2021 00:13

Outstanding work, @Carsmaniac .
It's rare seeing such balanced work/quality delivered.

I know how to create a paintjob even w/o the software as I did some back in the days and a few more recent but this takes care of the burden and [my] laziness of generating the default needed files and lets you concentrate on the design only. Thank you.
DKDBEM4

#105 Post by DKDBEM4 » 14 Jun 2021 20:41

This tool is awesome! Thank you so much for your work and sharing this with the community! It truly makes it possible for players with any level of experience to make their own skins!

Keep up the good work!
Kaldie

#106 Post by Kaldie » 16 Jun 2021 12:38

Carsmaniac wrote: 12 Jun 2021 23:58 If the 1-Series ever gets uploaded to a website where the link doesn't change each update (i.e. SCS Forums, Steam Workshop, Trucky Mod Hub or the author's own site) by the author I'd be happy to add support for it, but at the moment I can only find reuploads for it on various websites, and Shoofer's facebook page has been inactive since 2016.
Well, I have found the Scania and it's tandem-trailer here and it works in the latest game version:

Truck:
https://mods.club/euro-truck-simulator- ... -3-1-39-x/

Trailer:
https://ets3mods.com/trailer-scania-1-series-1-39/

The download for the truck says that the template is included, but I can't find it.
Carsmaniac

#107 Post by Carsmaniac » 17 Jun 2021 01:33

@Kaldie Neither of the mods you linked to were uploaded by their original authors, and I don't support reuploaded mods in Paintjob Packer. No worries re: the templates, I make all of the templates available in Paintjob Packer myself, including all the truck and trailer mods.

Whenever those two mods are updated the link will change, e.g. that Scania 1-series link only gives you v2.3, when v2.4 comes out it'll have a different download link. The only sites I've found that have static links are Steam Workshop, the SCS Forums, Trucky Mod Hub, authors' own sites (including Facebook pages sometimes) and maybe ModLand (only if they're actually uploaded by the original author, not reuploaded by mods82 or something link that). If a mod isn't available on one of those, it likely won't be added to Paintjob Packer.

If a mod is uploaded by the original author, the link to that upload remains the same when the mod is updated, and it's available free of charge, I'll support it in Paintjob Packer. If not, I won't. That automatically excludes hundreds of mods, including the Scania 1-series, but I do not condone mod stealing/reuploading, and I won't add support for a mod unless it comes from the original author. I hope that clears things up.
Ludo Diabolo

#108 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 17 Jun 2021 05:58

and that it is understandable and honourable of you, I love your template pack, because we are sure to find updated templates, with mods followed and not abandoned after 2 months...
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
DAFmanXFE6

#109 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 24 Jun 2021 19:25

Hello @Carsmaniac would you be able to add Smarty's amazing SuperVan whenever you next update your pack please?

Steam link

Template page

Thank you
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Carsmaniac

#110 Post by Carsmaniac » 03 Jul 2021 08:03

Hi everyone, I've just released version 1.7 of Paintjob Packer which almost doubles the number of modded trucks & trailers supported! The full changelog is below:

Version 1.7
  • Rewrote how modded vehicles are supported, allowing rework/overhaul mods
  • Added support for 48 new modded vehicles (11 ATS and 37 ETS 2)
  • Updated support for 35 modded vehicles (19 ATS and 16 ETS 2)
  • Added a new vehicle selector for paintjob packs, which now consists of a scrolling list instead of two columns of checkboxes
  • Added a new update checker, that now tells you what features a new version contains
  • Added a new error screen for the (hopefully rare) case when something goes wrong, which shows the error message in full and has links to both the GitHub page and SCS Forums thread for reporting
You can see a list of all the supported mods (with download links) on this page. Smarty's SuperVan 90 is included @DAFmanXFE6!

Over the past few years a few people have expressed interest in donations, so I've set up a Buy Me a Coffee page, there's a link at the bottom of the main post.
I'll never charge money for Paintjob Packer or anything else I make, but if you'd like to show your support you can leave me a tip.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and ongoing support, and I hope you all enjoy v1.7! :)

To avoid a double post:

It turns out there was an extra file floating around that caused a crash on startup, I've just released a hotfix to fix that. Hope no one was affected!

Version 1.7.1
  • Fixed a crash on startup due to a duplicate DAF 2021 file

Return to “Skins”