[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
magicko84

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#131 Post by magicko84 » 17 Sep 2021 09:21

@Carsmaniac Hi how are you? In your opinion is it possible to skin the livestock trailer?
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Robotwars1

#132 Post by Robotwars1 » 17 Sep 2021 19:06

I was following your guide using Gimp but when i save the file and try it out in-game it is a white truck only, any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: I solved it! Turns out i needed to merge my things with a empty layer that covered the entire picture
mastine

#133 Post by mastine » 19 Sep 2021 14:28

Thanks for the program update @Carsmaniac.
It is possible to create more than one trailer painting variant in the Paintjob pack program?
I'm doing trailer paintings based on divisions so I would like to know if it's possible to do this.
Carsmaniac

#134 Post by Carsmaniac » 20 Sep 2021 01:01

@magicko84 I don't think so, since there are no paintjobs available for it in-game, not even different colours. I opened the model up in Blender, and the UV map doesn't look like it was designed for paintjobs.

@Robotwars1 I'm glad you figured it out! I'm guessing that without that empty layer maybe the image was exporting at a weird resolution or something? Either way, at least it's working now :)

@mastine Not all at once, but you can easily combine multiple mods together into a single mod. I wanted to add a way to make multiple different paintjobs at once, but if you want each paintjob available on different vehicles (e.g. a paintjob pack with a standard truck + trailer paintjob, plus an alternate trailer-only paintjob) the UI gets a bit complex. The way I do it for my mods is that I generate each variant separately using Paintjob Packer, then I drag the def, material and vehicle folders from one mod into another, which essentially combines them. I demonstrated it in my tutorial video from 13:11 to 14:00.
mastine

#135 Post by mastine » 22 Sep 2021 22:40

Understand. Thanks for the tip again.
Ryu_Hoshi_DSD

#136 Post by Ryu_Hoshi_DSD » 26 Sep 2021 19:46

A much simpler program than MODSTUDIO for someone like me who is really idiotic to learn how to use it: D
A question, as in the picture in the game, IJL's full painted mirrors, why do they look like this to me, when they are painted in the template?
Thanks
Fabio

[ external image ]

ed ecco il template verniciato.

[ external image ]
Carsmaniac

#137 Post by Carsmaniac » 28 Sep 2021 06:36

@Ryu_Hoshi_DSD The mirrors on the template are SCS's painted mirrors, and by the looks of it IJL has mapped their painted mirrors differently. Based on how your mirrors appear in-game, it looks like they're positioned roughly where the red rectangles are on this image, and if so they appear to be designed to work as separate accessories just like the (non-modded) sideskirts, so YMMV when getting a paintjob to work on them. I'd recommend just sticking to the vanilla painted mirrors instead of using the ones provided by the mod. Good luck!
SyphonFaraday

#138 Post by SyphonFaraday » 24 Oct 2021 05:56

Thank you very very much!
Kamikaze500

#139 Post by Kamikaze500 » 25 Oct 2021 17:12

Hello, is it possible that the MAN TGX by Gloover comes into the program?
Turkish25

#140 Post by Turkish25 » 28 Oct 2021 18:17

Good evening, If support could be considered for the Kögel Cargo by Dotec (on steam) it would be greatly appreciated. T

Return to “Skins”