[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
azumukupoe

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#61 Post by azumukupoe » 09 Mar 2021 15:17

Thank you for this tool, Carsmaniac

Is it just me or it's not working with the latest version of Western Star 4900FA?

Also, encountered an error while trying to pack for ETS2

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Unhandled exception
Something has gone very wrong!

Please send this error message to the developer!

Error type: UnicodeEncodeError
Error: 'cp932' codec can't encode character '\xfc' in position 3: illegal multibyte sequence

Traceback:
  File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1883, in __call__

File "packer.py", line 329, in <lambda>

File "packer.py", line 599, in check_if_folder_clear

File "packer.py", line 694, in make_paintjob

File "library\paintjob.py", line 101, in make_description
    file.write("{}'s {}\n".format(veh.mod_author, veh.name))

OK   
Carsmaniac

#62 Post by Carsmaniac » 10 Mar 2021 05:46

Thank you for sending me the error @azumukupoe! Were you making a paintjob supporting the Ford F-MAX by any chance? The error talks about character \xfc (ü), which is used in the F-MAX's author name (SimülasyonTÜRK). I've changed it to "SimulasyonTURK", so the error should be fixed in the next version. And it looks like the Western Star 4900FA mod has been discontinued, so I've removed support for it in the next version. Thanks!
Carsmaniac

#64 Post by Carsmaniac » 24 Mar 2021 04:45

I've just released an update that features support for the new 1.40 Western Star 49X, and an update checker so you don't have to subscribe to this forum thread to know when there's a new version of Paintjob Packer out :)

Version 1.6
  • Updated Western Star 49X to reflect the changes in game version 1.40
  • Added an update checker to the start screen
  • Improved unexpected error messages, as the full error is now copied to your clipboard for easy reporting
  • Removed support for a handful of mods that won't be updated for 1.40
  • Fixed some errors caused by invalid characters or file names
azumukupoe

#65 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 05:25

Did you really had to drop Western Star 4900FA support?
The truck is still working on the latest version - ver 1.40.1.0

[ external image ]
Carsmaniac

#66 Post by Carsmaniac » 24 Mar 2021 08:05

I removed support for the 4900 because of this post by the creator. The mod won't be getting any more updates, and the Workshop page has been taken down. The UV-mapping on it also wasn't the best, with some overlapping parts and cabins that don't line up. If another author starts updating it again, I'll gladly add support for it again.
azumukupoe

#67 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 08:50

But you'd also have to remove Madster's trucks if you are determined to remove support for currently unsupported mods

Also Volvo F Series , Freightliner FLD, and International 9800 by Lucasi seems to have been removed from workshop recently
Carsmaniac

#68 Post by Carsmaniac » 24 Mar 2021 10:34

Thanks for the heads up re: the FLD, looks like Lucasi's other mod (the 9800) is down too. Mondo.N is still releasing updates for MADster's mods, for example here's their patch for the TGA.

It's possible some of the mods I support are no longer updated, or that some of the ones I've dropped start receiving updates again, I generally don't look into them unless someone mentions them, or I try to download them and can't, etc. I'll try my best to keep the supported mods list up to date, though :)
azumukupoe

#69 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 10:49

Could you keep the templates for unsupported mods in your template packs?

And, forgot to say that GTM's mods has been closed recently

DNA Transport updates trailers on Facebook
Carsmaniac

#70 Post by Carsmaniac » 07 Apr 2021 06:30

I've just released a new version of Paintjob Packer with support for five new mods, and a handful of other changes.

Version 1.6.1
  • Added support for 4 mods: Dotec's Mercedes-Benz Actros MP2, PikPikker's Roman Diesel, Galimim's Volvo FM & FMX and Big Joe's Freightliner Coronado 122SD
  • Re-added support for YukonJack_AK's Western Star 4900
  • Removed support for 3 mods by Lucasi that are now unavailable for download
  • Renamed DAF, Mercedes-Benz, Scania and Volvo trucks to match their in-game names
  • Changed invalid character detection to allow full stops/periods in names, just not at the end
  • Changed the folder path of modded vehicles to include the author name
  • Changed the term "hotfix" to "patch" in the update checker
Also, one year late, I've finally released the full tutorial video showing you how to make a paintjob mod using Paintjob Packer! You can watch it here

@azumukupoe I've re-added support for the WS 4900 to Paintjob Packer and my template packs, and from now on I'll only remove mods once they're no longer downloadable. Sorry for the disruption over the past few weeks! I also didn't realise DNA Transport had a Facebook page, I'll look into adding the rest of their trailers, thanks for the heads up and the link :)

---

To avoid double-posting:
I just uploaded a hotfix that fixes a crash, caused by a single-letter typo. Hope no one was affected by this over the past 2 days!

Version 1.6.2
  • Fixed incorrect sideskirt textures for Galimim's Volvo FM
  • Fixed crash when exporting a single paintjob for a modded truck/trailer

Return to “Skins”