[REL] DAF 2021 Eindhoven Special Edition

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
De_Ruyter

[REL] DAF 2021 Eindhoven Special Edition

#1 Post by De_Ruyter » 24 Jul 2021 22:43

[ external image ]
Version 2.50
For: 1.45 and above

Cost: 14000 Euro
Unlock Level: 10

Truck list:

- DAF 2021 XG
- DAF 2021 XG+
- DAF 2021 XF

This paint job is meant for the DAF only, it's meant to add some real paint variants from the past on this great new DAF truck.
The idea was to give a 'special edition' tye paint job to the brand new truck yet to keep the yellow theme in it.
All paints used are excisting paints used by DAF in the past and present.

Supported Official content:

These are supported but NOT required!
- Schwarzmüller DLC (30 October 2021)
- Krone DLC (hopefully on 1 November 2021)
- SCS vanilla trailers (update pending)

Paint Job combinations:

Please do note that I did add a special texture for the grill, one person may end up seeing it but the next will not.
Reason for this is the official truck release didn't come with a paintable grill. We will need to wait until the DAF 2021 update in September to see what comes with it (that's the date that was mentioned on stream at least)
I would like to ask everyone patience, this truck skin will be updated over time!

Original Version
[ external image ][ external image ]

Version 2
[ external image ]

Version 3

Version 4
[ external image ]

NOTE: Each paint job has a regular paint version plus a metallic paint version!

Supported Mods:

(Support means not required!)

- MB Aerodynamic Trailer
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2091516269

Future updates:

- DAF XF 2021 (SCS and DAF releases this with a September 2021 update if I understood this correctly)
- DAF 2021 part update (mods) - for the moment until we have a DAF 2021 update
- DAF 2021 update - Official SCS Software update, parts will be painted accordingly
- Possible new color variations

Recommended:

Please do know you do NOT require this mod, but it will make your truck look better!

[REL] DAF XG/XG+ Painted Parts
viewtopic.php?f=175&t=301101

Future updates:

- Version 3 and 4 will have a additional variant where the black stickers are turned into white.
- 1.45 trailers and possibly Krone DLC update

Q&A:

Q: Can you make this paint job paintable?
A: I would like to, but that would cause issues as the painted mod parts are NOT supported properly. This means I will have to wait for the official releases and work with that instead. This will take time and I have no idea what DAF and SCS are planning for this. Please be patient and wait for the official DAF 2021 update that's pending.

Q: Can you please make me [color] plus [color] version of this mod?
A: I did not plan on making a huge mod of this. However if you have a special request that may look decent I may add it

Q: Can you make a [insert political statement] or [religious] version?
A: HELL NO! Not happening EVER! I do not EVER add something along those lines! Make that yourself!

Q: Can you add [insert mod] to fit this paint job?
A: I'm willing to take a look, but I can't promise anything. I work with Mod Studio 2, meaning I will also need a working XML that supports your request. If it doesn't, it won't happen. That simple!

Q: Will there be more trailers paint jobs added?
A: Initially it was never planned to even have a single trailer added for this pack. However I thought it would be helpful if it would feature at least some trailer support. I am looking into what possible trailers I may add, I however won't promise anything as I do not know what I'd like to add. I am open for suggestions though.
Last edited by De_Ruyter on 28 Jul 2022 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
De_Ruyter

Re: [REL] DAF 2021 Eindhoven Special Edition

#2 Post by De_Ruyter » 01 Nov 2021 02:55

Update for this mod and future pending updates!

I already released the Schwarzmüller DLC support update, this means you can now also have a Schwarzmüller trailer that uses the right textures!
[ external image ]

For tomorrow (1 November 2021) I hope to release another update that will support Krone trailers.
[ external image ]

I did not work on the default SCS Software trailers yet, I however will make skins for them as well.
I also was thinking of adding more mod support so you can use also trailers like Kraker, VAK, etc.
I however do not know at this stage what I will make and when.

I did say there would be a DAF 2021 update coming, but we are in November already (3:50 AM for me) so I guess it got delayed.
I will work on that once it does get released, but for now please keep using mods for missing parts.
I did notice a DAF 2021 parts mod that would allow the grill to function and it does make it look better.
However the issue with that specific mod is that it doesn't seem to work with other part mods for the DAF 2021 unfortunately.
The sunvisor will be red (not showing the texture as it should) so it's just a choice whether you wish to use that or not.
Here a image with the actual working grill
[ external image ]
De_Ruyter

#3 Post by De_Ruyter » 28 Jul 2022 20:10

1.45 update is ready!
This is however part 1 of 2 updates for 1.45, this due to the new trailers that I still need to make.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Current features (1.45):
- Support for ALL DAF 2021 cabs and parts!
- Support for All SCS box trailers
- Support for scs Dumper trailers (1.45)
- Support for Schwarzmüller DLC
- Support for Krone DLC
- Support MB Aerodynamic Trailer

Known Issues:
- Sunvisor still refuses to play nicely and is red in color, please use the non-paintable version for now

Still to come:
- SCS Dry Bulk trailers
- SCS Fuel Trailers
- Krone DLC Update(?)

Download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2519991030
bumbumek

#4 Post by bumbumek » 29 Jul 2022 19:10

Awesome stuff! :-)

Return to “Skins”