Sewer mod

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Reinhard

Sewer mod

#1 Post by Reinhard » 31 Jan 2014 16:12

===================================
This is for ETS2 1.35 or higher (as of October 2023).
Don't expect it to work for older versions of the game.

(But there is also a mod provided for some older versions, see below)
===================================

The game has very noticeable 3D-animated indicators for taking jobs, getting fuel, visit a garage for repair, and some other purposes. Talking of these bright, green, wobbling animated cubes.

This mod makes them all invisible, following an idea of "newS", who provided such mod in the days of ETS1/GTS. Like it was done with his famous "Gulli-Mod", there will be sewer plates (storm drains, gullys or whatever it is called in your country) placed on the ground, instead:

[ external image ]

The symbol of the toll gates is removed without placing a sewer. This is because you have to drive close to the boom barrier anyway, and can hardly miss the spot.

Be warned, you may not want to use this mod until you are experienced enough to find all these spots without much looking. And there might be problems if you use map mods which have made changes to prefabs or sole objects using this stuff, especially if the height of such objects is changed. If spots are invisible due to such a situation, try your best by watching the hint on the navigation assistant (GPS).

The sewer at the entry of the quarry is half-covered by mud and looks a bit displaced. I can't change this without make all the other company-entrance sewers hovering, so I decided to just live with this.

Usage: put it into your mod folder and make sure it is enabled
Credits: Reinhard
License: Do whatever you want, please don't even ask

Click to DOWNLOAD here

Now also available on Steam Workshop

DOWNLOAD the mod for 1.27 to 1.34
Last edited by Reinhard on 31 Oct 2023 16:41, edited 25 times in total.
omegauk

Re: Sewer mod

#2 Post by omegauk » 31 Jan 2014 16:52

I am running the latest up date and I tried this and the game kept crashing.
florence3099
Global moderator

#3 Post by florence3099 » 31 Jan 2014 16:55

Post game.log.txt
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 31 Jan 2014 18:11

No idea. The mod has no defs, no dependencies. Just a set of PMG/PMD plus materials.

It was created using 1.8.2.5. You said you have that as well.

Yes, please post the log, as well as the latest entry in game.crash.txt. Maybe one of the devs can have a look into it, in case the log doesn't tell something interesting.

(EDIT: seems to be "the day of nasty typos")
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 31 Jan 2014 19:36

Super cool idea...
I'm gonna give it a try... I might even like it! :)
+1
Retired, but still loving it.
Hammer

#6 Post by Hammer » 31 Jan 2014 19:44

This seems cool indeed! Something I've been craving since the day two. Definitely giving it a go.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 31 Jan 2014 20:12

Great idea... As you may have noticed from my posts about people who rant about "realism", yet never seem to mention those green icons, I've thought they were a bit of a put off since I first saw them. I don't know as I would have chosen man hole covers (that's what I have always heard them called) to replace them, but then again, if all you want to do is mark a certain spot on the ground realistic looking man hole covers are considerably better than floating green icons. Just about anything would be better than those things...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
ohaha

#8 Post by ohaha » 31 Jan 2014 21:54

OK, as suspected...
I love it!

thx, man! +1
Retired, but still loving it.
omegauk

#9 Post by omegauk » 01 Feb 2014 00:35

I apologise, I had another mod running (Buddy activation). took that off and your mod works great.

Sorry for my post.
Baba Origley

#10 Post by Baba Origley » 01 Feb 2014 01:44

very practical mod :!:

works perfect

TYVMuch Reinhard
States of Guernsey

YL994GBG

Return to “Others”