Find your trailer mod

Reinhard

Find your trailer mod

#1 Post by Reinhard » 31 Jan 2014 16:58

===================================================
The current version is for ETS2 1.27 or higher (as of April 2017).
Don't expect it to work for older versions of the game.

But there are also old versions for 1.4 onward to 1.10 / 1.11 onward to 1.25 / and one for 1.26. See below.
The mod isn't packed into a second archive, you can put it into your mod folder as it is downloaded.
===================================================

The game has very noticeable 3D-animated indicators: for identifying the trailer you want to haul, plus for the lot where it finally has to be delivered. Some people, including me, don't like this:

This mods makes the wobbling symbols in the hight invisible. The bright frame on the ground is reduced to barely visible sidebars. The front edges of that frame are removed also, only those in the back are remaining, to still have an indicator when the game will accept a properly parked trailer. Brightness of these edges is dimmed:

Be warned, you may not want to use this mod until you are experienced enough to find all these spots without much looking. Especially on night or when it rains.

And there might be problems if you use map mods which have made changes to prefabs or sole objects using this stuff, especially if the height of such objects is changed. If spots are invisible due to such a situation, try your best by watching the hint on the navigation assistant (GPS).

Usage: put the download into your mod folder and make sure it is enabled. This mod isn't packed into a second archive.
Credits: Reinhard
License: Do whatever you want, please don't even ask

There is an updated version available for ETS 2 1.27. If you care about error messages,
DOWNLOAD the newest mod.

Older versions:
DOWNLOAD the old mod for ETS 2 version 1.26

DOWNLOAD another old mod for ETS 2 version 1.11 till 1.25

DOWNLOAD the oldest mod for ETS 2 v. 1.4 up to 1.10

Any game version older than that was never supported, sorry.

If you like this mod, the "Sewer mod", which disables all the wobbling animations for taking jobs, getting fuel, visit a garage for repair, and some other purposes, may be interesting as well.
Last edited by Reinhard on 06 Apr 2017 21:21, edited 19 times in total.

Hammer

Re: Find your trailer mod

#2 Post by Hammer » 31 Jan 2014 19:51

The very thing I've been longing for. Thank you (also includes thanks' for the green cube removal, since I forgot to say it in that particular topic)!

Baba Origley

#3 Post by Baba Origley » 01 Feb 2014 02:36

and once again good job

thanksz again
States of Guernsey

YL994GBG

Axel Slingerland
Global moderator

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 01 Feb 2014 05:33

Indeed... Good job, Reinhard! :mrgreen:
You can call me Ax

Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 01 Feb 2014 10:56

Warning: if anybody uses this mod without having installed my "sewer mod" as well, you will receive a crash. This is due to a shared TOBJ file which I didn't noticed. Sorry.

Solution: just re-download it and overwrite the old version in your mod folder.

I like to suggest this to anybody who is using it even if you use both mods and have no problem now. Because you may forget about having read this, in future, and probably don't want to get punished when disabling the other mod. :)

If you spot a "ghosting" effect (animation still slightly visible): I think I found a solution, but before I release it, it will need some further testing.

Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 02 Feb 2014 09:47

UPDATED: animated parts now removed, instead of just making them "invisible". No "ghosting" possible anymore, less GPU usage.

VeloW

#7 Post by VeloW » 02 Feb 2014 19:32

Well thank you! Another great immersion booster! 8-)
ImageFREE THE CABIN! Petition SCS!Image it worked!
439652 KM 07032014

JoTaDa

#8 Post by JoTaDa » 10 Jul 2014 22:19

Hello Reinhard,

First thank much of your mod, This is definatly best mods in ETS2.

This mod and your sewer mod works great in Retail V1.9 and V1.10.1 and also on Public beta V1.11.

But on public beta V1.11 its have this as you see on screenshots, Those long lines in left and right side
of truck and trailer is not in right place but more annoying thing is that bouncing 3D object on top delivery spot.

i am not seen any other problem about your Find your trailer mod in public beta V1.11

Can you repair this?

Regards

JoTaDa
Last edited by Reef on 26 Jan 2015 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't use the attachment feature for anything other than official SCS bug report screenshots or game logs, upload your images to an image hoster instead.

Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 10 Jul 2014 22:41

JoTaDa wrote: Can you repair this?
I hope so. But I think this couldn't happen before there is a new import/export filter for Zmodeler 3 (covering ETS 2 v. 1.11) available.

And work on that filter will probably not even begin before 1.11 goes final. So we might have to wait a bit, I have no influence on that.

EDIT: turned out that PMD and PMG format isn't changed with the patch, so I could use the old import/export filter.
Last edited by Reinhard on 01 Aug 2014 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

JoTaDa

#10 Post by JoTaDa » 10 Jul 2014 23:03

Okay thanks mate, I can live with this until its repaired, And yes i am waiting official patch V1.11 also.

Regards

JoTaDa

Return to “Others”