[3.6.0] Mobile Route Advisor (Telemetry Web Server Skin)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
dave_th

Re: [3.3.3]ETS2 Mobile Route Advisor (Telemetry Web Server Skin)

#201 Post by dave_th » 03 Sep 2017 16:33

Thank you for updating the map. When I loaded the latest version my current location no longer shows [blue triangle]. The map its self is working fine, it pans and rotates just like it should. Is there a variable that needs to be set some place?
mkoch227

#202 Post by mkoch227 » 04 Sep 2017 20:51

I removed the blue arrow from the map as the latest version does not match up perfectly, so the arrow wouldn't be on the actual road.

I'm no longer updating the map, so I don't anticipate this being changed at any point in the near future.
FlyingPigeon

#203 Post by FlyingPigeon » 23 Sep 2017 11:36

i have done as discribed but it get the message: failed to load dashboard.html for skin: ets2-mobile-route-advisor i have put the whole file under skins as you say on page one fixed, spelling mistake missed ets2 in text :)

okay why disable the arrow showing where i are on map? this telemetry is pretty much useless without the gps, please add again or tell how?
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Koen

#204 Post by Koen » 23 Sep 2017 14:40

@Bocaj Why it was removed? Have you looked at the post above you? :roll: :?

Just fork the project, capture a new map, slice it and figure out the coordinate scale and offset.
All explained here: https://github.com/Koenvh1/ETS2-City-Co ... %20maps.md
It'll probably take a few hours though.

I stopped doing it, because it is a lot of work. If you want to pick it up, by all means, go for it.
Lombra

#205 Post by Lombra » 26 Sep 2017 12:59

I saw the following project mentioned in one of your tickets, and would just like to raise awareness for anyone interested in having a go.
https://github.com/dariowouters/ets2-map
It directly parses the game files in order to generate a map, which seems much better than the screenshot approach. There are a few issues so far, such as prefabs missing. I don't know the first thing about how ETS map data is structured, unfortunately. Also don't know how difficult it would be to incorporate the output into this project.
Koen

#206 Post by Koen » 26 Sep 2017 20:19

Everything that is an image can be incorporated into this project. (I wouldn't say "easily", but it is doable). Thing is, that method was worked on quite some time ago by (the very talented, I must say) nlhans (https://github.com/nlhans/ets2-map).
However, support for prefabs is difficult, especially since every map mod/DLC tends to add new ones. That method certainly has potential, though it would require quite some programming knowledge/experience.
mkoch227

#207 Post by mkoch227 » 28 Sep 2017 13:57

Lombra wrote: 26 Sep 2017 12:59 I saw the following project mentioned in one of your tickets, and would just like to raise awareness for anyone interested in having a go.
https://github.com/dariowouters/ets2-map
It directly parses the game files in order to generate a map, which seems much better than the screenshot approach. There are a few issues so far, such as prefabs missing. I don't know the first thing about how ETS map data is structured, unfortunately. Also don't know how difficult it would be to incorporate the output into this project.
This was something Koen, myself, and one other looked at a while ago; however, as Koen pointed out, several prefabs don't work, plus we still have to go through the work of slicing and dicing the map into tiles.... so the only thing we gain is not having to capture the map in-game. If SCS could somehow include the map in the telemetry API (just an image of the GPS screen would be sufficient), that would be awesome as we would no longer have to capture maps, and all maps would work (I know mods can somehow have the map displayed, but I don't know how that works)
δє_θєη

#208 Post by δє_θєη » 30 Sep 2017 08:31

hey guys, first of all thanks for your work!

is it possible to update the map to the newest ProMods one? that would be awesome.
Koen

#209 Post by Koen » 30 Sep 2017 09:38

@δє_θєη Yes it is possible. Here's the map for ProMods 2.2, you just need to slice it and figure out the coordinate offsets.
Just look at https://github.com/denilsonsa/ets2-stuff and/or https://github.com/Koenvh1/ETS2-City-Co ... %20maps.md to find out how to do that ;)
Lombra

#210 Post by Lombra » 01 Nov 2017 23:43

I know you already plan not to support the map feature in the future, but I just read this in the ATS beta update notes:
Ability to control UI map alignment behavior (i.e. rotation to keep north up) using a g_ui_map_align cvar
Wonder if that would fix the ATS map capturing. :thinking:

Return to “Others”