Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (EU) [1.47, 2023 JUL 17]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-EU [1.35] (10 Sept 2019) -- "Baltic Traffic Light Update" : 80kph trailer spawn fix

#171 Post by Boeing73FLY » 29 Sep 2019 01:05

I never run Real Traffic Density with this mod since I borrowed some necessary values from his mod into this one. I guarantee there will be some conflicts if you run both mods at the same time (assuming you set EDXP higher than Real Traffic Density). For example, spawning of other extra traffic will be disabled.

On the other hand, if you set Real Traffic Density at a higher priority than EDXP, you will not experience my own changes to the AI such as realistic acceleration and top speed per car / truck ... as well as engine configuration sounds.

So I do not recommend running both mods at the same time. But it is up to you which one you would prefer more over the other.
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)
Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-EU [1.35] (1 Oct 2019) -- Event update (Workshop exclusive)

#172 Post by Boeing73FLY » 02 Oct 2019 02:19

UPDATE 1 Oct: In light of the World of Trucks charity event this month, I have added the event trailers into traffic (spawns rarely).

This update will be Steam Workshop exclusive. As of this date, the mod has been updated. Happy trucking! :)

Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-EU [1.35] (1 Oct 2019) -- IMPORTANT INFO page 18

#173 Post by Boeing73FLY » 03 Dec 2019 16:24

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Beginning on this upcoming update, I will no longer provide further mod updates using the MediaFire file sharing website. Everything will be on the Steam Workshop once I update this mod to the latest patch version 1.36 (Allison Transmission Pack will follow on a much later day since there are no necessary updates for a while). However, if you want the previous versions of EDXP, you can still access it on MediaFire using the links on the bottom of the first page.

For those who mod like I do, I can provide details on where to find the the mods you download for ATS / ETS2 on Steam. I'll put the file location address on the first page after the update.

Expect an update within the next few weeks. Thank you for your patience, and also thank you for your continued support my loyal EDXP users!

Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-EU [1.35] (1 Oct 2019) -- Fresh start/Next update after 1.37 release

#174 Post by Boeing73FLY » 31 Mar 2020 17:45

Sooo...yeah. I'm here. I'm not dead. I've been lingering in the IRL world for the majority of my time now.

So onto what I am planning. Last time I said there would be an update for this mod for 1.36. Honestly, because of real life issues, I was not able to deliver what I had said in the previous post. It is my fault for doing that, so I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to this upcoming mod update. As some of you may have already noticed from following the SCS blog, 1.37 will deliver extensive changes to the sounds in-game. SCS is switching to FMOD, and I quite like what that sound engine does to many existing games out there using it. I know I am going to be working my butt off in converting any existing sounds to the new format, but that's okay. I will try to make it work as I go through these unexpected turn of IRL events. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I am now under a 'stay-at-home' order in the state of Arizona, where I am studying. All of my classes were moved to online a couple weeks ago, and it has been really hard to adjust for some classes (especially math). But from what I've been doing lately, I have more time for video games. But I'm not going to let that be a priority over my studies. So with all of that being said, I'm planning to give myself a fresh start to this mod. There will not be an update until after 1.37 is released.

What should you expect me to do with this mod for the 1.37 update?
- A fresh start for this mod: I am going to re-do all of the work I have done. I will also start using a different version naming convention. If it's designed for game version 1.37, the mod version will display 1.37.# , with # being the revision number. This should make any mod user know that the mod will work for the specified game version. As usual, the mod will no longer work for any game version before 1.37.
- As of this post, I have a new computer. I managed to install several programs essential for modding ETS2 and ATS. So at least I will be able to get to work by the time the game update releases officially...out of beta.
- Real life issues will still hinder on my future work, so I will not set any exact release dates from this point forward. My mod will be ready when it is ready.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope you all are well and staying as healthy as possible wherever you are. Please, for the love of God, stay home. I care about every single one of you, even if we have not talked. We are all in this, TOGETHER. Big love to all of you!

UltraGeo2000

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-EU [1.35] (1 Oct 2019) -- Fresh start/Next update after 1.37 release

#175 Post by UltraGeo2000 » 02 Apr 2020 07:58

Bro no need to worry about a mod... RL and health come first! Hope you stay healthy, and as for the mod, it comes when it comes... I don't think that there's anyone here who has a mod as his/her top priority right now.
Greetings from Greece, where things are also somewhat...tricky tbh
yellowboy06

#176 Post by yellowboy06 » 25 May 2020 02:27

What is changed in relation to the traffic? I hope for a little less trucks in many places except interstate. Sometimes in small towns there is too many trucks and on mountains roads. If you could resolve this would be great. Thanks for the mod I look forward to trying.

EDIT: Im speaking more specifically for ATS btw
Boeing73FLY

#177 Post by Boeing73FLY » 25 May 2020 03:02

@yellowboy06 Please see the ATS thread for the US version of this mod. It has already been released and you can find the details about the traffic over there.

And now to update the folks waiting for THIS version of this mod, I have already started unpacking the game files, and I will be working on it starting this week.

mgysgtdev

#178 Post by mgysgtdev » 27 May 2020 08:30

@Boeing73FLY take your time mate. And keep your priority at school since online classes are very hard
Proud owner of a homemade DAF XF105 Simpit
[ external image ]
Boeing73FLY

#179 Post by Boeing73FLY » 31 May 2020 01:20

Thanks @mgysgtdev ! I actually do not start until the first week of July, but that will still be a major factor in determining my time in modding. I want to have EDXP 2.0 out as soon as the Italy bridge-building event starts.

As of this post, I have started on the AI work. I have about 130+ vehicles to research individually!

Boeing73FLY

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (EU) [1.37, 2020 JUN 7]

#180 Post by Boeing73FLY » 08 Jun 2020 00:24

There is a new title of this mod. It has been renamed to "Enhanced Driving XPerience" to better reference the acronym. And with that, version 'TWO POINT OH' is out now for ETS2 version 1.37! The mod version appropriately displays the corresponding version of the game, and this is how I intend to proceed on updates from here on out.

The mod should automatically be updated for you on Workshop. Welcome to the FMOD era! Remember that from here on out the mod is working between 1.37 and the future versions of the game. I still need to learn myself FMOD, so there will not be any sound modifications from this mod at least for now. The original purpose of the mod is kept faithfully. Safe travels, everyone!

Keep in mind that the Snow Sounds Edition of this mod is still REQUIRED, but Rain Sounds Edition should ONLY be enabled because I have not updated the Snow Sounds Edition, and that will not be done until some time closer to Winter 2021.

Return to “Others”