Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program (Upd. 24.10.2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
WarDog669

Re: Virtual Speditor Program

#41 Post by WarDog669 » 28 Jan 2016 13:28

xyzan wrote:@WarDog669 - this is not a bug - it is written in first post why is that. I have no distances between cities, so I've set distance as 3000km - this distance is used for calculation of:
1. payment
2. delivery time
if I'll put it to low, then delivery time will be to short for longer routes, but if I put it to high, then payment for short distances is to big... It is matter of trade off. If someone has a table of distances between all cities in ETS (with mods like ProMods, TSM, RusMap, and all of them) then I can try to implement this, so the payment will be adequate to distance.
oops missed it in the first post :oops:

You can use easy culc' of distance between GEO(lat/long) points and add 10-15% due to the roads not being "straight" between the cities, in this case you only need the "city" GEO(lat/long) data.
WarDog669
WOTR
Bandit & The Snowman

#42 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 28 Jan 2016 14:11

supric wrote:Exact distance between companies stored somewhere in map files.
Do you have any more info on that? It would be quite useful to make a table not only for human reading, without having to tediously measure distances (which is at least possible since we have manual route editing).
The best thing would be if there were all points of interest like repair shops, truck dealers, rest areas, gas stations etc.
old.Trucker

#43 Post by old.Trucker » 28 Jan 2016 17:42

Work fine for me, thank you very much ...
I have so far done it manually and changing only the desired target city but this is a much faster, easier and more elegant ... ;)
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
xyzan

#44 Post by xyzan » 28 Jan 2016 19:59

WarDog669 wrote:
You can use easy culc' of distance between GEO(lat/long) points and add 10-15% due to the roads not being "straight" between the cities, in this case you only need the "city" GEO(lat/long) data.
Yes, I can... do you have that data? ETS with promods has about 260 cities. So, there are (260x260)/2 - 260 combination of distances... I don't have time, to search for about 30'000 numbers on geo map. This is answer, why I haven't done that yet ;)
old.Trucker

#45 Post by old.Trucker » 28 Jan 2016 20:22

xyzan, of course, do not bother with total perfection. This is a great ... ;)
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
WarDog669

#46 Post by WarDog669 » 28 Jan 2016 22:26

xyzan wrote:
WarDog669 wrote:
Yes, I can... do you have that data? ETS with promods has about 260 cities. So, there are (260x260)/2 - 260 combination of distances... I don't have time, to search for about 30'000 numbers on geo map. This is answer, why I haven't done that yet ;)
You don't need 30K of numbers, just 260(= # of cities), and then you have this site/formula that can do the math based on what you enter.

I mean when you select the mane of the city it put the correct corrdinations into the filed, and then culculates the "direct" line between the cities.

If you have a list of all ETS2 cites(cities added by modes too) I can make a GEO point list of the cities.
WarDog669
WOTR
supric

#47 Post by supric » 29 Jan 2016 06:12

The only sane way is to take distance from current jobs on a jobmarket. Storing distances will require squared number of cities count (260 * 260?) records in the matrix... i even don't talking about distance between companies )))
xyzan

#48 Post by xyzan » 29 Jan 2016 09:45

Storing distances would be square number of cities divided by 2, because distance from Paris - Berlin is the same, as Berlin - Paris.

Making calculation on geo location... hmm... that still needs a table of geolocations for each city, but it is much smaller... Taking from a job marked? Almost good idea, but I can see that in my save I have 1450 hits on "job_offer_data :" - this mean, that there is still about 30'000 combination missing ;)

@WarDog669 If you can provide file with geo location, I can try do something with that... But I need it for most popular map mods - Personally I use ProMods, but there is also TSM and RusMap... But, making this will disable for example hungary map mod (not telling about some Brazilian, etc) from this program... Do you understand the problem? It starts to become specific, no universal tool!
I wander if it would not be a better solution to give possibility to enter this manualy, while adding job. That estimation would be more accurate than fixed 3000km... if not entered, then just put fixed value...
Sniper

#50 Post by Sniper » 29 Jan 2016 14:05

supric wrote:Sniper:
Can you share source code in pascal?
Yes, I will put it on github. But I am using my own implementation of Rijndael cipher which I have to first rewrite (it is mess right now) and run some tests on.
xyzan wrote:can you PM me this dll? I will look at this...
Will do, I just have to prepare it.
GitHub: https://github.com/TheLazyTomcat
Programs download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhz3m1n56ed7 ... 7c3ea?dl=0

If anyone will be contacting me, please be notified that I might not be able to respond for several months. Or at all.

Return to “Others”