Used Trucks

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Zyo

Re: Used Trucks

#171 Post by Zyo » 17 Nov 2020 01:23

Released a working fix for 1.39

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zam9moew ... 9.zip/file

In the few hours I have had to spare this evening:
Fixed all truck soundbank issues and all crashes. Eliminated most errors in log (not quite all).
Should be stable and playable. If you are one of the 30 or so that have downloaded yesterdays quickfix, please re-download.

NOT DONE- fixed price balancing, some data banks were completely deleted, i.e interior and engine data, it all works but at the moment uses vanilla pricing for some components, this will be fixed in the next few days. As is, if anyone has any feedback, or reports, its always appreciated.
Krakenous

#172 Post by Krakenous » 18 Nov 2020 14:05

This is a GREAT idea, and really makes me wish the "damage" mechanic of ETS2/ATS games was present more harshly. Like, imagine some of the ideas you could do with it. For example, you get the chance to buy a used old truck that is severely damaged, cheaper obviously, with a few caveats...you have to drive to pick up the truck from the location, load it up onto a trailer and tow it back to your garage. That would be great. As well as things like missing wheels, missing parts, irreparable to 100% parts as well would be really interesting...an engine and a gearbox that has done over 200k miles can only be repaired to 33%, then 50%, then 66% by the time it gets to 400k+ it really starts to lose functionality and power and brand new engines and gearboxes cost a severely steep cost because they no longer are made on mass and so you need to pay a bespoke amount for a refurbished/like new engine. I dunno, maybe that's going overly far but would be neat.

Secondly, is it possible to add any vehicle you like to the used trucks? I'd like to add a bunch of mod trucks that are old models of trucks from the 50's-1990's etc as i don't want them appearing in showroom of new trucks.

Keep up the grand work :).
Zyo

#173 Post by Zyo » 18 Nov 2020 22:46

Thanks, those are some good thoughts. And to answer your question, yes it is possible to add any vehicles, ETS2/ATS, I can work them into the system or more likely add as a patch.
Krakenous

#174 Post by Krakenous » 19 Nov 2020 13:23

Zyo wrote: 18 Nov 2020 22:46 Thanks, those are some good thoughts. And to answer your question, yes it is possible to add any vehicles, ETS2/ATS, I can work them into the system or more likely add as a patch.
Great news! Some vehicles I'd like to see added if possible (instead of being added to showrooms):

- Scania F12 & F16 by Lucasi and Myarghasemi
- Volvo F10-12 by various but EDITED by mjtemdark
- RTA Mods trucks (all if possible!)
- Mach R Series by Harven & more

Again i wouldn't want to trouble you with loads of trucks, if perhaps easier you can provide a tutorial on how we can add any truck (or car or van or any vehicle...) to the used car dealer with various damages, mileage, missing parts or otherwise that would be awesome :). Keep up the good work.
Krakenous

#175 Post by Krakenous » 20 Nov 2020 19:21

Wow I must be really special, forgive me for asking but...where do I find the "used" models? Are they in the "mod" dealer or are they in the showroom? Only reason being because I can't find anything but new trucks :S.
Buzzin

#176 Post by Buzzin » 27 Nov 2020 21:09

Am I the only one who's having no engine sound with the old Actros?
Brozi

#177 Post by Brozi » 10 Dec 2020 09:16

I have a problem. When I enable the mod, one of my sounds mod just stops working. Am I putting it in wrong order, or your mod is incompatible with sound mods?
Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker, but I do my best to make it look proper :)
Zyo

#178 Post by Zyo » 11 Dec 2020 23:56

Not sure exactly. What sound mod is it? Also if you post a log it helps to identify errors and conflicts.
Brozi

#179 Post by Brozi » 16 Dec 2020 20:04

@Zyo Dc13 engine sound 3.0
Attachments
game.log.txt
(873.81 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker, but I do my best to make it look proper :)
King Leo

#180 Post by King Leo » 16 Jan 2021 19:00

A question with a completely different background.
How do you change the kilometre reading of a truck in the game?
It always looks very strange when you drive an oldtimer that only has a few hundred kilometres on the odometer. :D
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Return to “Others”