Used Trucks

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
sometruckguy123

Re: Used Trucks

#161 Post by sometruckguy123 » 09 Jul 2020 14:19

I agree with him
JazzGuru

#162 Post by JazzGuru » 09 Jul 2020 15:03

Okay, so it seems this mod likes to override the sound mod that I am using - (ETS2 Sound Mod by bobo58: https://ets2.lt/en/truck-sound-x002-in-ets2/

Whichever one has highest priority, wins. As soon as I put bobo58's mod above yours, I get the messed up Volvo Classic quickjob pics again, but at leat my trucks sound semi-decent then.

I might try using a different sound mod, and see if this still happens... :)
JazzGuru

#163 Post by JazzGuru » 09 Jul 2020 15:48

Okay, ignore my previous post. While linking to bobo58's mod, I found an updated version, and that seems to have solved the issue. Now, everything appears to work as it should do... :D
Zyo

#164 Post by Zyo » 09 Jul 2020 22:00

Well thats good news. Theres a little polishing to do yet, but should be finished by tomorrow. Thanks for that.
JazzGuru

#165 Post by JazzGuru » 10 Jul 2020 05:49

No worries. Thanks for making this incredible mod... :)
Zyo

#166 Post by Zyo » 11 Jul 2020 05:20

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7kykglaig ... 2.zip/file

1.37 mk2 version available now

In addition to the bugfixes the new addition is the ECONOMY BUNDLE

Used trucks was always intended for use with a hard economy, I have decided to include OPTIONAL economy mods.
Extra 1 = REAL FUEL PRICES accurate 10-JULY 2020
Extra 2 = ORIGINAL ECONOMY MOD - VERY REALISTIC
Theres a lot included here, to summarise
  • More realistic revenues and costs
  • Roughly speaking, drivers earn 0.25-0.40 depending on job/experience.
  • Hauling usually earns 1.50-3.00 depending on job/experience (might also be higher/less)
  • Delivery window shortened, less lateness allowed
  • Company economies much tighter, you (and your drivers) have to work hard, earning takes time.
  • Income co-efficients are as accurate as possible, your income for jobs is very realistic. Job income over 1,000 per day is considered good. You might get on average 100 per hour. Jobs over 5k are very rare. I have looked at real haulage rates and adjusted as accurately as possible. Fuel costs, damage, tolls and fines are important and can affect your job choices. YOU MUST PLAN AHEAD.
  • Police fines now more accurate (less overall and likely considered too low by scandinavian standards, but cant please everyone),
    Some tweaking of violation triggers i.e. not every traffic light has a jump camera, not every cop cares if you do 55 in a 50 zone.
  • Hire driver cost lowered, Abandoning job cost lower (but still significant)
  • Levelling skills give by percentage less bonus, but they are more valuable
  • XP altered, more based on distance driven, with a little for level multiplier, parking xp still important
  • Currency accurate to July 2020 exchange rate
  • Damage and wear formula updated
  • Longer term loans (up to two years) with accurate business rates and repayments
Company drivers make more realistic amounts, generally wages of 500-1000 per week, high in reality i know but they are very difficut to balance with their per km rate and limiting their mileage. For the most part now they do about 500 miles a day but weekly rates vary.

READ THIS >>>> Getting company drivers to not "overwork" was a difficult balance, as a consequence default rest time has been increased to 12 hours, be aware as this may affect personal job delivery times. Without this company drivers spent 15 hours driving a day and their earnings were too high. You can set your own rest time using g_set_time in console. This is the most difficult part of balancing the economy. Their wages appear accurately, shown by base rate- daily pay plus distance rate, Its a little high, but to limit it, theres a blance between AI economy and player economy. I have tried to take European rules into account.

These two extra files are optional, but recommended.
JazzGuru

#167 Post by JazzGuru » 11 Jul 2020 13:00

Thanks for the update. However, I am using Yet Another Economy Mod by Reqruiz, so I'll pass on the economy add-on. :)

Are the rest times only altered if I activate that economy part of your mod, and not by the base Used Trucks mod itself?
Zyo

#168 Post by Zyo » 11 Jul 2020 17:40

To clarify, everything mentioned in the above post is in the optional economy mod, bar the July fuel prices which is in its own file. USEDTRUCKS does not affect anything with regards to the in-game economy except the costs of purchasing and maintaining trucks.

Both are optional of course, the economy mod is tailored for used trucks and i would encourage anyone who doesnt already use a hard economy, to try it. Yet Another Economy Mod is an excellent alternative, I used that myself for quite a while a few years back and I wholeheartedly endorse it.
JazzGuru

#169 Post by JazzGuru » 11 Jul 2020 19:32

Awesome! Thanks buddy... :)
Zyo

#170 Post by Zyo » 16 Nov 2020 02:46

Update

1.39 compatability update released

Hot fixed
Fixed 2014 Actros soundbank crashes
Old version caused loading crashes, this is a quick fix to get 1.39 going only!
There are still crashes on viewing some trucks in showroom, just hold off buying a new truck for a few days, this will be fixed fully when I can.

also:
IN ECONOMY MOD
tweaked economy (12 hour rests now 10 hour)
IN FUEL PRICES MOD
updated fuel cost to NOVEMBER 2020 rates

Return to “Others”