ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Onkel Hugo

Re: ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

#281 Post by Onkel Hugo » 09 Feb 2020 14:50

Here a few tipps how it works for me:
- start steam manually (in order to see, what´s new and to let download any updates first)
- start TrucksBook Client (if you use it)
- start Local Radio (there will be no station, because the program doesn´t know, where you are in this moment)
- start ATS
- press "Drive"-button to enter the gameworld, then press "ESC" to get back into the menue-/controllevel of the game
- switch with ALT+ENTER to your browser, now you should be able to select a local radio station, pick one and turn it on
- switch back to game with ALT+ENTER and enjoy your ride...

Notice: to switch with ALT+ENTER in a safe way, you have to be in the game menue or in a garage, NOT in the "driving-world" of the game!

Happy trucking!
Greetings, Onkel Hugo [ external image ]
player1s

#282 Post by player1s » 10 Feb 2020 08:29

So, I saw this a while back and always planned on using it at some point. Yesterday evening I suddenly decided to quit the game, install this and try it.

After initial issues, apparently the program doesnt like it when you use page up and page down to switch channels, it worked great.
Will still have to figure out how to work with favorites.

One thing made me very happy and sad at the same time. While driving in ATS one of the stations had an add for the "Bob and Tom show". As an exchange student I listened to them all the time and still listen to cd's I have of them. This made me happy. And also sad, because the broadcast hours are my irl working hours.
δє_θєη

#283 Post by δє_θєη » 10 Feb 2020 12:38

Got some Probs today.
After installing new Windows 10 1909 on my drive i extracted the whole 7z into a folder. After that i want to Start the app but than these errors appears.
Unbenannt.jpg
After klickin further the second appears.
Unbenannt2.jpg
player1s

#284 Post by player1s » 10 Feb 2020 13:47

I had the same but Koen supplied a sollution on his own page...

anyways, download this and install it. You're missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
δє_θєη

#285 Post by δє_θєη » 10 Feb 2020 14:18

Thanks man, that`s what i am searching for.
It works now, tought that Windows installed such things automatically ^^
Qrusher14242

#286 Post by Qrusher14242 » 10 Feb 2020 18:14

Onkel Hugo wrote: 09 Feb 2020 14:50 Here a few tipps how it works for me:
- start steam manually (in order to see, what´s new and to let download any updates first)
- start TrucksBook Client (if you use it)
- start Local Radio (there will be no station, because the program doesn´t know, where you are in this moment)
- start ATS
- press "Drive"-button to enter the gameworld, then press "ESC" to get back into the menue-/controllevel of the game
- switch with ALT+ENTER to your browser, now you should be able to select a local radio station, pick one and turn it on
- switch back to game with ALT+ENTER and enjoy your ride...

Notice: to switch with ALT+ENTER in a safe way, you have to be in the game menue or in a garage, NOT in the "driving-world" of the game!

Happy trucking!
Thx tried this but ALT+ENTER doesn't seem to do anything on my end. I'm using AMD so not sure if that makes a difference.

Anyway, still doing the same kind of thing. It seems like the overlay gets stuck on the screen and will even be there in the main menu. Only way to get rid of it is to exit the game. I tried removing the plugin and reinstalling this program but to no avail. I''ve been using this for a long time but guess i will have to stop for now. It used to work in 1.35 but ever since 1.36 i've had these problems.
Koen

#287 Post by Koen » 11 Feb 2020 10:32

Odd. I will look into that when I have time.
joschac2

#288 Post by joschac2 » 12 Feb 2020 20:46

If that doesn't work, then please try the alternative dll and copy it to the

that alt DLL file doesn.t work ( the website throws a 404 error code )
ThunderSky

#289 Post by ThunderSky » 14 Feb 2020 12:25

Can I set a specific radio to always play even in a different country?
Micha_UK

#290 Post by Micha_UK » 14 Feb 2020 23:21

G'day,
First of all, thanks a lot for this mod, it's really nice and immersive!

But I do wonder why it asks for admin privileges every time I start it. There's nothing in the source code that I can see that would require this, and other programs with similar functionality (network, overlays, etc) don't require it. The other "problem" is that most of the source code isn't even provided since the plugin relies on a vast number of binary dll's which are included with it.

Secondly, a suggestion: it would be great if we could set favourite stations not only by country but also region. Especially for larger countries it's easy to leave the range of your favourite station while still in the same country.

Thanks.

Return to “Others”