ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Koen

ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

#1 Post by Koen » 27 Oct 2016 21:59

[ external image ]

The ATS thread: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=290657

If you're like me, you like realism and radio. What I did is combine the two, to make your journey in ATS/ETS2 even more realistic, so let me introduce to you: ATS/ETS2 Local Radio.

ETS2/ATS Local Radio plays radio from where you are, in ETS2. Feel the immersion when the Swedish radio plays in Sweden, and the Polish radio in Poland. It will switch automatically, while also allowing you to switch stations while driving.

ETS2 Local Radio contains over 500 radio stations that you could realistically listen to if you were driving in that actual country. Most national radio stations are included; see the full list at the bottom of this page. It does not include radio stations that you would not be able to receive over FM or DAB in that country, like TruckersFM. However, you can add those yourself if you so desire.

Supported maps:
See website

It's available in over 20 languages! Not available in yours? Translate it.* I will add it in the new release.

If you're interested, https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Available station on the road to Luxembourg

[ external image ]
Available stations in Sacramento

*If your language isn't available, just message me, the system does not allow me to dynamically add languages :? .
Last edited by Koen on 15 Oct 2020 23:34, edited 13 times in total.
Mr_Catweazle

Re: ETS2 Local Radio

#2 Post by Mr_Catweazle » 28 Oct 2016 09:20

I would love to try it and give you feedback.
Koen

#3 Post by Koen » 30 Oct 2016 12:18

I slightly changed the interface, and added a lot of stations, so that should no longer be a problem:
[ external image ]

If anyone wants to try: https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio
Marc0nly

#4 Post by Marc0nly » 31 Oct 2016 13:22

I like this app. Keep going!
Sorry for my bad English.
nIGhT-SoN

#5 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 02 Nov 2016 14:41

Is it possible to add fade in and out when it switches stations and also between them to add some white noise until it switches to the next station. :mrgreen:
Koen

#6 Post by Koen » 02 Nov 2016 16:33

It already fades out and in when switching stations (the fade out is noticeable, the fade in not always as loading the new radio station sometimes takes longer than the fade in)
I tried adding white noise, but it just felt out of place (You can still find the content\change_station.wav file :P ). However, it does start crackling, modulating volume etc quite realistically when the country is far away (if I say so myself).

I also added a map to make it easier to choose the right relative_radius per country and per city:
(Because the available radio stations and amount of static is determined by the city you're nearest to, every city is like a broadcast tower for that country, with a radius that it broadcasts to (with white noise near the edge))
[ external image ]

You can find it as map.html (how original) in the latest version of ETS2 Local Radio.

Also, to all of you IE users out there, I did fix the playback issue. It was caused by IE not supporting the String.endsWith function :roll:
nIGhT-SoN

#7 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 02 Nov 2016 17:46

You can do it this way:
Make the fade out longer, like a few seconds and then simple white noise, without other stations and than a faster fade in into the next station, like when the radio would automatically jump to the next available station. I can provide you the simple white noise if you want.

Here, I've made an example: https://clyp.it/jon1h1xa
I can put the noise on dropbox or something so you can download it if you want.
netshadoe

#8 Post by netshadoe » 06 Nov 2016 15:49

This is a fantastic little app! Thanks!
Mr_Catweazle

#9 Post by Mr_Catweazle » 06 Nov 2016 20:36

Koen how/where do I install the desktop add on? Do I just extract the zip?
Koen

#10 Post by Koen » 07 Nov 2016 00:13

Correct, just extract it anywhere you like and run it. I've yet to add a description, but what it basically does is allow you to change stations with your keyboard while playing ETS 2
Last edited by ohaha on 26 Nov 2016 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote preceding message. Don't quote entire messages. Read the forum rules!

Return to “Others”