ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
R0adrunner

Re: ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

#91 Post by R0adrunner » 29 Aug 2017 18:35

Sorry if it's been requested already, but any chance of supporting the Dalton-Elliot map (viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559) at some point? Cheers!
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Lanker

#92 Post by Lanker » 31 Aug 2017 14:40

Koen wrote: 12 Aug 2017 23:18 I just released a new version, this time with a new and improved mobile interface:
[ external image ]

This should make it a lot easier to control ATS/ETS2 Local Radio from your phone. I also released an app to make sure that your phone's screen stays on.

As always, it can be found here: https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio
How to get it working? When I click on "Connect with other device" on browser, shows a window where it tells me to enter PeerID, where can i get this code?
Koen

#93 Post by Koen » 31 Aug 2017 14:53

@R0adrunner No, that has never been suggested before. Problem is: Most maps for ETS2 just add one country, meaning I have to find stations for just one country. In the USA, they're licensed per city, so I'd have to find a lot more stations. I don't really feel like adding the stations for all the cities, as it's quite a lot of work. Hence I will only include the cities for CA, NV, AZ and NM (and any other DLC that might come out in the future). However, if you feel like doing it yourself, I'd happily add them.

Just look at the structure of \web\cities\cities-ats.js and \web\stations\stations-america.js. You can capture the coordinates for the cities yourself (look at https://github.com/Koenvh1/ETS2-City-Co ... -Retriever on how to do that), and you can find the radio stations per city on https://radio-locator.com/

Just know that it will probably take a few hours (especially looking for all the stations with logos and working streams)

@Lanker The PeerID is shown in the top right corner of the page and in the line at the bottom.
[ external image ]
R0adrunner

#94 Post by R0adrunner » 31 Aug 2017 15:52

OK, that's totally understandable. I might take a look at what you suggested at some point. Thanks!
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
DEDE62

#95 Post by DEDE62 » 02 Sep 2017 08:45

Best mod ever.

Just one thing, i've updated to 1.19.0, but it keeps telling me that an update is available. Is it normal ?
Koen

#96 Post by Koen » 02 Sep 2017 10:51

@DEDE62 I think I fixed that last version, but that won't work until the next version. Should be gone once you refresh the page. :)
Avelium

#97 Post by Avelium » 08 Sep 2017 19:48

The program is amazing, but 90% of radio is awful, sorry. Thanks for option to add your own favorite stations.
Better Flares - ATS/ETS2
Better Raindrops - ATS/ETS2
Koen

#98 Post by Koen » 08 Sep 2017 21:58

@Avelium Thank you, and no need to be sorry, I don't control what stations broadcast where after all. Good to hear that that feature is getting use.

Oh, and a PSA:
If there is a radio station you like that also broadcasts in a large area, you can submit it. However, most of the stations submitted nowadays do not meet the requirements. So please people, read the message at the top before submitting a station. It costs you time to submit them, and it costs me time to check/add them. Of course, valid requests still come in, just like edge-cases, but things like online-only and/or very local stations are totally avoidable. Oh, and don't submit stations that are already included (this happens more often than you'd think :roll: )

Look, I'm not mad, but it does annoy me at times. Just check that before you submit it, and save yourself the disappointment if it does not meet the criteria ;)

On a positive note: A new update is available. This time, Hebrew is added, as well as some station updates.
Koen

#99 Post by Koen » 18 Oct 2017 16:16

For those of you using ATS Local Radio: I just released a new update which should fix the problems with a lot of stations in the USA. :)
However, if you feel like it, you can submit more stations for the USA of course. For a list of stations that are available in real life in a certain city, look at http://radio-locator.com

Apart from that, quite a few stations were fixed in Europe. And there are some new ones for you to enjoy :D
Nihonsakari

#100 Post by Nihonsakari » 19 Oct 2017 02:22

@Koen Thank you.

Return to “Others”