For Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Another day, another ReShade preset. I have always loved ReShade and SweetFX.
With the release of ReShade 3.0, things have got even better.
Much better implementation than before. The shaders have also reworked from the ground up.
This is my attempt to make the in-game colours much more pleasing to my eyes.
Therefore this preset is more of a personal one.
A pinch of realism + a tablespoon of fun = ???
I hope you like it as much as I do.
What you can expect from this preset:
- Totally made for cockpit (internal) camera in mind.
- A more subtle HDR effect with a nice, ambient dependent "bloom" effect.
- Somewhat natural colours but also vibrant and cool at the same time.
- More balanced shadows and highlights giving a better depth effect to objects under the shadows or far away from the "eyes".
- Removed the infamous SCS green tint.
- TruckersMP (online multiplayer) compatible!
- ReShade 3.X
- Windows Operating System
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Install ReShade 3.0: https://reshade.me/#download
When installing ReShade, choose "eurotrucks2.exe" from your Euro Truck Simulator 2 installation directory and select DirectX 9.
Make sure to select "YES" when asked to download the shaders and textures or nothing will work.
- Get the preset: https://bit.ly/2uatvSG
A. On the website, right-click "Raw" and click "Save As..." or "Download link..." OR
B. Copy and paste the code into Notepad and save it as "reshade-PrettyColours.ini"
- Important notes during installation:
If you play the 32-bit version of the game: ..\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\
If you play the 64-bit version of the game: ..\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\
- After installation, first time startup will be very slow as it will compile around 50 shaders.
Once ReShade has loaded completely, press Shift+F2.
- Inside "Home" tab:
I. Click the "V" icon (down arrow) besides the list bar. Choose PrettyColours.ini.
II. Make sure all effects are enabled (checked) in the box below the "Search" bar.
- Inside "Settings" tab:
I. Under the "General" category, change "Usage Mode" to "Performance Mode."
II. ReShade will reload itself after this and only the shaders that is enabled by the preset.
III. Press Shift+F2 again to close the popup.
- Load your profile in-game.
- Go to Options -> Graphics:
I. High Dynamic Range (HDR): OFF (This is a must!)
II. Scaling: 200% (Optional)
III. To achieve the best effect, turn everything else on and maxed out.
I'll shorten the list of screenshots once I have setup a proper album for them.
Optional Recommendations and Handy Tips:
- Foggy Weather by GerScaniaTrucker for prettier clouds and of course, fogs (really nice for DoF effect at the right time): viewtopic.php?f=34&t=193726
- HD Roads by AlexeyP for the crispy and yummy road textures: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=226205
- Shift+F2 to open ReShade's control panel.
- Shift+Z to enable or disable ReShade.
- Press "End" to take a screenshot with ReShade effects.
In my game, I get about 15-25 FPS drop from 100FPS (max), depending on the amount of traffic and the location.
I have everything maxed out in the game's graphics settings. So try it out and see how it works for you. If you're playing on lower graphics settings, I doubt you would see any drops in FPS.
The following is my PC specifications:
Code: Select all
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Display: 3440x1440 100MHz
Code: Select all
31/07/2017: - Initial release.