Real European Gas Stations Reloaded

NiHao

Re: Real European Gas Stations Reloaded

#71 Post by NiHao » 10 Jun 2020 19:53

You seems to not understand – gas stations are shared by all countries in the same map. So even if I would change Rompetrol to Petrom, there would be Petrom in Bulgaria, and again, there is
no Petrom in Bulgaria, only OMV. Then I would have Bulgarians protest, and they would be right.
You can't separate gas stations by country unless you edit map in case you don‘t know, and I am not a ProMod mapper. And I wrote this because so many times people complained in Steam why
they see X gas station in Y country when there is none. Like I created the maps and not SCS :roll:...

Also, I wrote that gas station design borrows from the both. Look at this in real life...
https://cdn.aiidatapro.net/media/73/71/ ... f8101c.jpg

...and in game – the same round design for sunflower, yellow-white combo, gas tanks are grey, price stand is white-grey – on the contrary Petrom uses blue colour, too, and gas tanks are yellow.
See, it‘s represents both companies, and because there are a lot of Rompetrol gas stations in Bulgaria, too, the case‘s closed.

NiHao

News

#72 Post by NiHao » 14 Jun 2020 19:20

Vortex painting in Blender is not going to happen. I tried again with the new 2.81 Blender and add-ons install, and it‘s even bigger disaster than the last summer :?.
It‘s too much complicated and finding barely usable tutorial is impossible. And there is no way I‘m going to learn to work in Blender just to recolour two gas stations…

TL;DR
Mod is updated and finished as much as possible in DX9/OGL. The only updates are going to be:
1) formal one when game is updated as always happens, and
2) Iberia DLC if possible without work in Blender.
-------

I used fly mod to check every g.s. in the base and East DLC as it‘s obvious that some things are not right. But before that, I‘m going to post stats from the real life.
It‘s the number of g.s. and in the brackets are countries where you can find them, but without DLCs after East as East uses the same g.s. as base game.

Shell ~5.000 (UK, NL, B, L, D, CH, A, CZ, PL, SK, H)
BP ~8.100 (UK, NL, L, CH, A, PL)
Esso ~6.500 (UK, NL, B, L, D, F)

Q8 ~4.400+ (B, NL, L)
PKN Orlen ~3.000+ (PL, CZ, D)

MOL ~1.900 (CZ, H, SK)
AVIA – 3.000+ (NL, B, F, D, CH, A, CZ, PL)
OMV ~2.100 (A, D, CZ, SK, H)

Aral ~2.450 (D, L)

And just stats for France and Italy.
Total ~8.200 (F, NL, B, L, D, PL)
Eni ~5.500+ (I, F, D, CH, A)

And you know what? Eni doesn‘t even have the biggest retail g.s. network in Italy since 2018. Nope, it‘s Gruppo api with over 5.000 g.s. since they completely
bought off TotalErg. This means that I‘m going to replace Eni if I manage to find good sources for textures. Not much can be done, but still...

STATS for g.s. in the base game
Austria
4x big (2x Shell, Esso, BP) // 1x medium (Orlen) // 9x small (6x MOL, Avia, OMV)

Belgium
2x big (2x BP) // 2x small (Avia, OMV)

Czechia
2x big (Esso, BP) // 3x medium (3x Q8) // 7x small (3x OMV, 2x Avia, 2x MOL)

France
Somehow, 4 small original one survived. However, there is one broken south from Geneve...
4x small (3x Avia, MOL)

Germany
I didn‘t check whole Germany, only borders. Once final update hits, maybe only a few survive at borders just like in France, so Germany is completely irrelevant.
1x medium (Orlen) // 3x small (2x MOL, Avia)

Italy
Nothing is left – everything is converted to Ini :/.

Luxembourg
1x small (OMV)

Netherlands
3x big (2x Shell, BP) // 2x small (Avia, MOL)

Switzerland
3x big (Esso, Shell, BP) // 2x small (2x Avia + Ini)

UK
13x big (3x BP, 5x Esso, 5x Shell) // 14x medium (9x Q8, 4x Orlen, 1x Total (Azirus)) // 34x small (29x MOL, 3x OMV, 2x Avia)

Going East! DLC
Hungary
5x big (3x Shell, 2x BP, Esso) // 14x small (3x MOL, 11x OMV)

Slovakia
2x big (BP, Shell) // 5x small (3x MOL, 2x OMV)

Poland
8x big (4x BP, 3x Shell, Esso) // 31x small (16x MOL, 9x Avia, 6x OMV)

MY COMMENTS
1) I think that situation with big g.s. is mostly ok – 17x Shell, 16x BP, and 10x Esso.

2) What is done to medium g.s. is a crime. They are barely used in the base game outside UK (that happened because of Germany rebuild), and there is ZERO in East DLC!
Even worse, gas_station_green is only used in the one place in the east of Wales! I finally found it as I was sure they were totally wiped. It uses Azirus model, and I‘ll leave it
as a easter egg.

3) I don‘t know why SCS spammed borded (small g.s.) all over / everywhere – 63x MOL. I knew I saw MOL too much but I couldn't imagine in the wildest dream :o...
22x Avia (border1), 20x OMV (border2).

PROPOSED SOLUTION
I‘m going to swap g.s. to better represent market share and where you can find them IRL. It‘s impossible without massive map overhaul, but it‘s going to be better than is.
1) Shell and BP are going to swap. That would bring Shell to and eliminate BP of B and CZ like IRL, and BP would have 5x g.s. in UK.
2) Q8 and Orlen are going to swap. This way at least is CZ fixed as there are Orlen g.s. IRL (just under Benzina brand).
3) Avia is obviously going to be border g.s. as not only has 50% more g.s. than MOL or OMV, but because they are in much more countries, too.
Border1 is going to be OMV, and border2 MOL. And that would fix H.

If you have better solution, suggest. If no objection, I‘ll update tomorrow evening after playing a bit.

EDIT - I forgot to copy stats from East DLC...
Last edited by NiHao on 15 Jun 2020 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

Tapir

#73 Post by Tapir » 14 Jun 2020 20:40

I`m looking forward. Nice work.
System: Windows 10 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-6700K @4.5GHz OC
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: 6GB MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming X
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO SSD

JazzGuru

#74 Post by JazzGuru » 14 Jun 2020 21:00

I did think it was strange when I passed an OMV gas station in the UK, but then I am using a combination of 6 different map mods, so something has to act stange... :)

bumbumek

#75 Post by bumbumek » 15 Jun 2020 08:01

Thanks for the info, dear NiHao!

NiHao

Re: Real European Gas Stations Reloaded - update

#76 Post by NiHao » 16 Jun 2020 08:37

UPDATE
The small update of mod‘s description to reflect changes.
There was a massive swap of 7 gas stations so they now reflect real world locations much better. Read my post above.

Tapir

#77 Post by Tapir » 16 Jun 2020 12:20

Thank you for your update, NiHao :D :D :D
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: 6GB MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming X
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO SSD

NiHao

Re: Real European Gas Stations Reloaded - update

#78 Post by NiHao » 18 Jun 2020 17:28

I take my words back about Black Sea DLC. After playing just a bit, I can see that SCS did again terrible job with gas stations. They almost repeated situation like in Scandinavia DLC but nobody
cared then and after so they are going to do bad work again and again. Can‘t imagine how they are going to screw Iberia (probably Repsol and Galp Energia)…
They reused their favourite prefab from France (Eco) and I mean literally – you can just see the famous green prefabs. That‘s how much the mapper(s) were lazy! Then you can see they mixed
some yellow and red prefabs with Petrin and Filgas instead of using just one colour.
Lazy, don‘t care, or rushed – nobody cares :roll:.

In the light of those findings, I decided to recolour price stands as greyish in RO, and white in BG and TR. At least that way there would be some a bit better looking gas stations.

UPDATE
Complete rework of GOB (Aral) in Germany rebuild.
Updated price stand for Eco (Total).
Removed fake cards and 0-24 from the price stands in Baltic DLC.
Updated the price stands in Black Sea DLC.

Screenshots:

JazzGuru

#79 Post by JazzGuru » 18 Jun 2020 18:14

Looks great... :)

Tapir

#80 Post by Tapir » 18 Jun 2020 23:21

Really good work, NiHao :D :D