[Announcement] 01.06.2021 : New FORUM RULES announced! Please familiarize with them.

ETS2/ATS Control Panel

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Avelium

ETS2/ATS Control Panel

#1 Post by Avelium » 03 Sep 2017 20:08

Dear friends! Unfortunatly, I don't have time to fix this control panel. Now I decided to share original files so you could try to do it by yourself. Good luck and don't forget to share your version (if you want ofc) :)

DOWNLOAD (NOT MOD)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PNV ... 2VHTjhhX2M

Dear friends! Let me introduce to you control panel for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

When I bought a steering wheel, reaching the keyboard became quite difficult task :) But thanks to google I found several control panels for the game - they use a mobile device through a special program. They were good but I lacked functionality in them, so I built my own version.

It contains 40 useful buttons - and you can fully assign them according to your game settings. In version 2.0 you can also build any layout you want.
There are only 2 buttons you should not move - Low Beam and Wipers, dont know why - it's some kind of bug.

In order for this panel to work you'll need a program calling Roccat Power Grid and a mobile application Power-Grid on Android or iOS (all is free). You can easely google it ;)

ImageImage

ImageImage

How it looks in game (sorry for the bad quality :?)

Installation is pretty simple, open readme in archive for details :)

Hope you like it!

Ask me if you have any questions :)
Last edited by Avelium on 05 Oct 2019 06:09, edited 6 times in total.

SchorschiBW

Re: ETS2/ATS Control Panel

#2 Post by SchorschiBW » 03 Sep 2017 23:10

Nice idea and work, but low beam doesn't work. i have edidet some buttons for my keyboard layout, whitch is the original one...

Avelium

#3 Post by Avelium » 04 Sep 2017 05:06

Low beam is set up for button ",". You can either change it in game or with file toggle.qs, I've describe it in the end of readme file :)

Kiwimike7

#4 Post by Kiwimike7 » 04 Sep 2017 09:13

Must try it, although the layout is much different to what I use. I like the way they light up when on!
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

rockandrole18

#5 Post by rockandrole18 » 04 Sep 2017 10:58

It looks beautiful! Well-done! I've been using the one from the racedeparment forum so far, but I am definitely going to switch over to this one. Thank you for sharing it! Too bad I am getting a VR headset soon.

Avelium

#6 Post by Avelium » 04 Sep 2017 12:06

Thank you, rockandrole18!
Kiwimike7 wrote:
04 Sep 2017 09:13
Must try it, although the layout is much different to what I use.
Sorry about that :? You can easily assign buttons in Roccat program or copy "controls.sii" from archive to your profile folder.

UPDATE

The update is coming. Now there will be 2 grids: one for truck systems+menu and another for interface+camera+radio.

But the main thing is a "controls" - using them you can quickly build your onw layouts! :)

rockandrole18

#7 Post by rockandrole18 » 05 Sep 2017 10:00

Any idea how to reduce the volume of the button press sound? I've tried to reduce the sound of the 's_click.wav' file with Audacity, but it doesn't seem to have any effect for some reason which I am currently unaware of. I'd appreciate if you could tell me how to do that.

P.S. thanks for the update! now the grids are even prettier.

Avelium

#8 Post by Avelium » 05 Sep 2017 15:56

rockandrole18 wrote:
05 Sep 2017 10:00
Any idea how to reduce the volume of the button press sound? I've tried to reduce the sound of the 's_click.wav' file with Audacity, but it doesn't seem to have any effect for some reason which I am currently unaware of. I'd appreciate if you could tell me how to do that.
I've made 2 versions of 's_click.wav' with reduced volume, pick the one you like and copy it to \Documents\ROCCAT\Power-Grid\Import\rsc\ with replacement. Tell me if you need different volume level :)

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PNV ... XhKTDdaeHc

Kmiktze

#9 Post by Kmiktze » 08 Mar 2018 09:25

Hello,

I just found and downloaded your ETS2 roccat power grid but unfortunately there is a problem and i don't know how to handle it.

There are 2 buttons low beam and wipers which are not appearing on the grid ....Not even the icon.

Are those 2 buttons only appear when i start ETS2 ? because i tested the power grid in offline mode ... ETS2 not started. My controls for low beam is Key "L" and for wipers is Key "P"

I realy want to use your grid ...

Can you please help me out here ?

Thanks.

Avelium

#10 Post by Avelium » 09 Mar 2018 14:42

Kmiktze, seems like one of the updates broke the plugins needed to work. I'll look into it and try to fix ;)

Return to “Others”