[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
yaumeister

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#361 Post by yaumeister » 19 Apr 2021 00:16

I've noticed at many crash sites that collided vehicles are facing the wrong way to flow of traffic. Is that intentional?

There are head on collisions and vehicles spinning round following an accident, but sometimes odd when 2 of 3 crashes cars are facing the wrong way at what looks like a chain rear end.

Just wondering if placement is random due to dynamic selection by the game.
Old Ted

#362 Post by Old Ted » 19 Apr 2021 06:45

I confirm - yesterday I passed such an accident on the highway, where there were 2 vehicles facing each other in the direction of travel and 2 vehicles in the opposite direction of travel.
danbywinby

#363 Post by danbywinby » 19 Apr 2021 10:37

@djadlib Ah yes that might be a problem. Let me know if the new version fixes that or not. I have a feeling that it won't but if it does then it will save me some work which will be nice :lol: If it doesn't then it is something that i could fix in the future it just would involve work :lol: . I could basically copy the entire van to a different folder/path and change all of my cutscenes to use my 'copy'. This would also allow me to give the vans a different skin and maybe even come up with different combinations for it because that van has several different looks and variants with different skins and lighting setups.

@yaumeister Yes it is intentional to add more variety to the accident scenes instead of always having the vehicles face the correct way. Because of the way the random events it will basically choose a 'scene' of one crashed vehicle from the list of scenes at random. I could possibly make the vehicles facing the wrong way more rare by 'copying' those scenes in the list (for example make them appear 2 or 3 times each where as the wrong way vehicles only appear once) this might make them more rare but the possibility of all of the vehicles facing the wrong way in an accident will still be there. I can't remove that possibility without completely removing the wrong way vehicles.
danbywinby

#364 Post by danbywinby » 22 Apr 2021 19:33

I am starting to get a little concerned that my city events are not spawning (or at least extremely rare) particularly the roadwork events (the accidents seem to be spawning fine which is strange). Can you let me know if they appear to be spawning for you or if you aren't seeing them like me?

Might be an issue with the Iberia DLC as i've only be driving in that area recently whilst completing the WOT event.

The city roadwork events should look like the below:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If these are not spawning then i might have to tweak them to be able to spawn outside of city areas.
MrPapaBear

#365 Post by MrPapaBear » 23 Apr 2021 02:40

I had them I believe so far one time and my setting is relative high. I am not near Iberia, just to clear this up
Developer of Economy Evolution
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2457732493
The Economy Mod for ProMods Players with addons for Map Mods and other Cargo Mods :D
[ external image ]
orizon

#366 Post by orizon » 23 Apr 2021 09:00

I never saw any roadwork event in Iberia and I set it up to 100% the probability to happen. Neither on the motorways.
danbywinby

#367 Post by danbywinby » 23 Apr 2021 19:13

@MrPapaBear and @orizon thank you

Orizon you should still see the default SCS roadwork events. But they don't appear to be as common as the other events. Currently though my roadwork events only spawn in cities but seen as they don't seem to be spawning or at least are extremely rare i will probably expand them to other areas and I also want to change the default SCS roadworks to use my VMS signs atleast when on roads with a hard shoulder.
orizon

#368 Post by orizon » 24 Apr 2021 15:16

Nope, nothing. Not even in the cities. Before your question here, I was just prepared to ask why you don't make events with roadworks more than accidents. Because in real life we can encounter more roadworks events than accidents.
danbywinby

#369 Post by danbywinby » 24 Apr 2021 22:16

@orizon that is strange, but perhaps you have just been very unlucky like I said indont believe the default SCS roadwork events are very common at all. I will definitely see what I can do about adding more roadwork events.

I do completely agree with you that in real life roadworks are more likely than roadworks but the default SCS roadworks are in my opinion not varied enough so I dont mind that they aren't that common. For example there are no roadworks that are only on the hard shoulder. This is a big thing that i really want to add. I also want to add my VMS signs to the roadwork events. I also don't like the narrow roadwork events that you encounter on the single lane roads. But im not really sure how to improve them. I would really like to replace them with the roadworks with traffic lights events from ATS but not sure if I can convert that over.

As always any thoughts / opinions are all welcome.
MrPapaBear

#370 Post by MrPapaBear » 25 Apr 2021 12:46

Something seems to be a little off with the "randomness". Since I Installed this i maybe seen one Roadwork event and since then 0. The other thing is I know you have a bunch of variety in different Roads. But on small Roads as example I come by the same Event over and over. Mostly the one where a car crashed, people standing and the police behind the Car. This is not a Problem funny thing is its the same Car/ Color/Event in a small Radius. But besides that I have the random Events set really high and took the other Events from SCS where the complete street is blocked complete to 0
Developer of Economy Evolution
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2457732493
The Economy Mod for ProMods Players with addons for Map Mods and other Cargo Mods :D
[ external image ]

Return to “Others”