[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
JazzGuru

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#381 Post by JazzGuru » 08 May 2021 16:33

Thanks, Daniel... :)
Hitman

#382 Post by Hitman » 08 May 2021 21:30

Hello friends!
Is this mod compatible with traffic density and ratio mods? If yes - what is the load order?
Darkcaptain

#383 Post by Darkcaptain » 08 May 2021 23:00

@Hitman viewtopic.php?p=1539145#p1539145

Thanks for update Daniel!
Hitman

#384 Post by Hitman » 08 May 2021 23:19

@Darkcaptain thank you a lot!
Looks like I should improve my search skills as I'm not a good enough detective yet :)
xxroyalizexx

#385 Post by xxroyalizexx » 15 May 2021 17:32

Hey Daniel i love this mod, i cant live without it. Am i the only one that lose around 10 frames when i get close to accients? I will try out the new version of your mod after this haul. Ty for keeping working on the mod!
danbywinby

#386 Post by danbywinby » 17 May 2021 17:44

Hi All

So a little bit of an update on what i've been working on recently.

Firstly i have uncovered the reason for why my city events have not been showing recently (long story short the 'area_tag: urban_area' feature of the events is no longer working in 1.40 hopefully this will be fixed in 1.41).

However this has made me think a bit more about my 'channels / man hole covers' event that i converted over from ATS a while back so in the next version this event will no longer be restricted to only urban areas.
Also this event will now have collisions (for some reason the collisions were set below ground level in the original model :lol: )
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Also i have started work on making my own versions of the roadworks events. I have decided to start with the narrow roadworks events. I am amazed that after looking in the various files there is actually only one version of this events in the base game and that is always with the concrete barrier. Personally i don't like the concrete barrier and don't think it's very relistic as there is no way you would see it very clearly in the dark. So my version has a lot more variety with the vans from my other events and the possibility of cones and the roadwork barriers from the other roadwork events. Some screenshots of tmy work so far below (this is not the final length it will actually have a dynamic length so be able to adjust depending on the road length just like the base game events).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I'm also trying out some different options for barriers and below is what i have found so far that i could possibly use. Not sure what i think of them at the moment so please do let me know your opinions.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@xxroyalizexx Thank you very much for the kind words, glad to hear that you are enjoying the mod. No you problem aren't the only one. That will most likely because of all of the flashing lights from the emergency vehicles. If it is causing you a problem you could try using the 'g_disable_beacons' command in the console that was introduced in 1.33 (https://blog.scssoft.com/2018/11/euro-t ... e-133.html).
JazzGuru

#387 Post by JazzGuru » 17 May 2021 17:48

Wow, Daniel - that looks great. Keep going... :)
ZeFrango

#388 Post by ZeFrango » 17 May 2021 18:17

excelent news
StenioBlackHawnk

#389 Post by StenioBlackHawnk » 18 May 2021 16:03

I love your mod!! Can't wait for the next version!
danbywinby

#390 Post by danbywinby » 20 May 2021 14:07

Hi All

I'm having real difficulty trying to find pictures online of roadworks in different countries in Europe to help me to decide how best to make these roadworks scenes as realistic as possible. I'm particularly interested in the barriers that they use to separate the road workers from the traffic. If anybody can link me to some it would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to “Others”