[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
chopoland

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#471 Post by chopoland » 16 Sep 2021 23:41

A must-have mod. Thanks as always.
danbywinby

#472 Post by danbywinby » 19 Sep 2021 13:02

schulzkr2604 wrote: 14 Sep 2021 10:18 Now just have some of them issues without street / warning markers to surprise drivers ;)
Most of the events all have some sort of prior warning but occasionally you might come across some that don't.

Just the same as in real life and so just as in real life you should always be prepared for the unexpected ;)
TheRanger2604

#473 Post by TheRanger2604 » 19 Sep 2021 15:46

Thanks
:)
Finder

#474 Post by Finder » 20 Sep 2021 18:41

@danbywinby, thanks for update your mod which is one of necessary addition to the game :)

I'm driving now across Germany and I noticed that only standard sump grates in cities don't have collision, is it correct? BTW, I think that better texture of random events for local road (single lane road behind cities) should be road holes or damaged road then sump grates, so what do You think about it?
danbywinby

#475 Post by danbywinby » 20 Sep 2021 21:28

@Finder

Thank you very much for those kind words.

Im going to guess that when you say sump grates you are referring to the channels / drain cover events? Can you give me an example location and screenshot of where the standard sump grates are that you are referring to so I know exactly what you are talking about it and I might be able to figure out why they don't have collisions. I'm going to guess that they are a different model than the one I converted from ATS hopefully I can easily make my model replace that one or add collisions to that model.

With regards to adding road holes unfortunately it's not currently possible to add those because it would have to go into/below the surface of the road. The best I can do at the moment is the asphalt patches I have added in the previous update that create bumps on top of the surface of the road.

With regards to the damaged road I believe that is already a default SCS event but unfortunately it doesn't have collisions. I will investigate if I can and maybe add collisions to it.

Also unfortunately whilst the 'urban_area' tag is still not working I cannot do anything about adding events that are more frequent or only ever appear in cities.
Finder

#476 Post by Finder » 22 Sep 2021 18:50

@danbywinby, yes I thought about standard channel covers in cities and your channel/drain covers on local road. I added screens below to present my idea about next modification upgrade :)

Channel covers without collision in cities (screenshot came from Zurich):

[ external image ]

Channel/drain covers on local road (cover in red circle should be available only in cities, whereas cover in green circle can stay on this type of road):

[ external image ]

I think that good option will be change standard channel covers in cities to your covers which I marked in red circle in previous picture. On single lane roads should be stay only these covers which are in green circle. Of course this is your mod, so You'll do what You want :D
MarekG26

#477 Post by MarekG26 » 23 Sep 2021 12:03

hello where can I get the link for download ?
danbywinby

#478 Post by danbywinby » 23 Sep 2021 13:07

Hello @MarekG26

Download link in the first post on the first page.

Thank you for your comments and screenshots @Finder i will take them into consideration when/if I do a new update. Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to limit certain events to only city areas at the moment as the 'urban_area' tag is not working currently. I really hope this will be fixed in a future update because I have lots of ideas for city area only events.
Finder

#479 Post by Finder » 23 Sep 2021 13:47

@danbywinby, thanks for your answer. Did You or someone else inform SCS on this forum about situation with bad definition of "urban_area" tag?
danbywinby

#480 Post by danbywinby » 23 Sep 2021 16:31

Finder wrote: 23 Sep 2021 13:47 @danbywinby, thanks for your answer. Did You or someone else inform SCS on this forum about situation with bad definition of "urban_area" tag?
I have done multiple posts on here about the issue including bug reports but obviously in order to reproduce the issue in ETS2 I have to use my mod and technically bug reports are not allowed to contain mods.

viewtopic.php?f=279&t=300048
viewtopic.php?f=178&t=300024
viewtopic.php?f=278&t=300018

Return to “Others”