[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ATLANTIK7773

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#451 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 17 Aug 2021 21:38

Good job! I tested random events by playing ATC. The mod is just so realistic that there are no words to describe it! One thing is cool! Realism rolls over into the world of realistic controls! Keep it up! Thanks for your hard work and time! Good luck!
danbywinby

#452 Post by danbywinby » 24 Aug 2021 16:28

Still hard at work testing the new version of my random events mod.

Unfortunately with the additional of the roadworks events now it's proving to be very difficult to get the balance of the rarity and frequency of the different events to align just right.

Some screenshots from my recent rounds of testing:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
b1121

#453 Post by b1121 » 25 Aug 2021 02:24

Your work is great, come on and thank you
ATLANTIK7773

#454 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 25 Aug 2021 05:54

Looks very pretty! We are waiting for when we can test it! :D
Finder

#455 Post by Finder » 25 Aug 2021 10:05

@danbywinby, great work. Is it posible to add police car with policeman who will be like a stationary radar which analyses truck speed? I think about set radar function to random event. Ofcourse I mean about adding this in future updates of the mod :)
ZeFrango

#456 Post by ZeFrango » 25 Aug 2021 12:09

good work
danbywinby

#457 Post by danbywinby » 25 Aug 2021 12:24

@Finder That is actually already a thing in the current version although obviously not very common and seen as it is just a police car with no lights on parked on the hard shoulder it is probably very easy to miss. Also it does not have any police officers because they are sat in the car and there is no version of them holding a speed camera that I could use.

[ external image ]
DKDBEM4

#458 Post by DKDBEM4 » 26 Aug 2021 14:03

Looks promising Daniel!
danbywinby

#459 Post by danbywinby » 27 Aug 2021 18:48

New version released.

Changes in V1.5:
  • Copied across the channels (Drain Covers) events from ATS and updated the models to include collisions.
  • Created new versions of the asphalt patches events and updated the models to include collisions.
  • Created my own versions of narrow roadwork events
    • (4 versions: cones, barriers, cones no people, barriers no people)
  • Made the roadwork barriers and arrow roadwork signs retroreflective
  • Created own version of single lane roadwork events
    • Over 30 possible different start scenes
    • Different versions for different road types
    • Country specific versions
    • No people just damaged road surface versions
  • Created hard shoulder only roadwork events
    • Country specific versions
    • No people just damaged road surface versions
  • Replaced roadwork signs on hard shoulder with my VMS sign version
  • Removed the 'urban_area' limit from the 'city' one lane roadwork events
    • Made them spawn under the same conditions as the 'city' one lane accident events
    • This is because currently the 'urban_area' tag is not working correctly in the game
    • Made them dynamic and added lots more variations for 'start' and 'end' scenes as well as both 'barrier' and 'cone' versions
  • Added the 'city' narrow roadworks events back in but without the 'urban_area' limit
    • This is because currently the 'urban_area' tag is not working correctly in the game
    • Made them dynamic and added lots more variations for 'start' and 'end' scenes as well as both 'barrier' and 'cone' versions
    • These events only use a small portable 'roadwork' sign as opposed to the 'non-city' narrow roadwork events that use a lot of signs
    • Made them spawn under the same conditions as the 'city' one lane accident events except that they are also allowed on single lane roads (this means that they will also spawn on country roads, this might be changed in the future)
First post updated with new download link.

Any issues do please let me know and i will aim to get them fixed as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for future additions do please let me know.
ZeFrango

#460 Post by ZeFrango » 27 Aug 2021 20:22

wow. thanks. good work

Return to “Others”