[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
M1GHTYM4VS

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#331 Post by M1GHTYM4VS » 12 Apr 2021 22:34

Issue: North of Barcelona coming from France. AI ghosted through one instance of the events with a large firetruck as there's no colision. I've taken the detour which was just right with the large Parking Area, some AI cars took it further right off map, but I've seen atleast one car going straight through the crash site like it wasn't there. Maybe the traffic has an exeption here.
Wolli2017

#332 Post by Wolli2017 » 13 Apr 2021 10:14

Thanks for the update. It's a must have mod in my opinion.
Great Work again.
[ external image ]

Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 / Interior Addon by Wolli / Radio Addon by Wolli

System: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4; SI Intel Core i5-12400F; PC3600 Kingston 32GB KIT Fury Beast; SSD Kingston 500GB M.2; NVIDIA RTX 3060
danbywinby

#333 Post by danbywinby » 13 Apr 2021 14:11

@M1GHTYM4VS sounds like you are talking about a detour event, this mod does not do anything with detours so that would be a bug with the actual detour system.

Thank you very much for all the kind words everyone. Glad to hear so many people enjoying the new version.
abasstreppas

#334 Post by abasstreppas » 13 Apr 2021 15:03

Some ideas:

Is it possible to place a vehicle close/beside/under a bridge (viaduct) or even a traffic sign arch on the motorway? Just thinking about adding a "skylift" (we weirdly have an English name for it in Swedish, but the term/name for it doesn't seem to exist in English :P ) and some workers fixing/repairing sign/bridge/lamp
[ external image ]

Another thing to could be an "after the accident scene" - no crashed vehicles or recovery trucks, only some workers sweeping and a service van

How about small stuff like more debris, like cardboard pieces, an old mattress etc, stuff that people tend to drop because they don't know how to secure stuff on their roof rack or trailer. There are some stuff in the vanilla version, I know, just thinking that particular motorways are a bit too clean in the game.

Cheers :D
danbywinby

#335 Post by danbywinby » 13 Apr 2021 17:12

@abasstreppas Some excellent ideas there that I like and agree with, unfortunately some of the ideas come with issues.

I believe that here in the UK atleast that vehicle would be called a cherrypicker. A vehicle model very similar to that already exists in the game and is actually already part of one of my city roadwork event variations i believe. Unfortunately though the city events are very rare to spawn even though I've set a very high weight number for them. Unfortunately I am unable to specify areas for events to spawn beyond 'urban/city' and everywhere. This is really frustrating because this would allow for so much more. Potentially I could manipulate some of the rules in 'traffic_rules.sii' and add in some more area tags to existing rules but this is clutching at straws. ATS does have a version of this vehicle with the basket extended so I have thought bringing that model across but with no way to make it so that it can always spawn in an appropriate area there's not really any point.

These types of scenes i already have planned. I did actually have a scene like this in my previous version however I havent gotten around to making it able to be dynamic yet so its not currently active. But dont worry this is definitely coming.

Debris/litter/rubbish is certainly something I could do. Not sure about an old mattress though as that would have to block a lane and with no warning that would be catastrophic. Partially realistic yes but not a good idea in this game I dont think. Small stuff like cardboard boxes could certainly be done and could even allow for a lorry further up the road that has partially lost its load, if there is a model in game that I can use for this, I think there is but I'd have to double check.
yaumeister

#336 Post by yaumeister » 13 Apr 2021 20:47

Speaking of suggestions, I don't suppose we can incorporate ideas from this abandoned mod?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=259434
Benouyt

#337 Post by Benouyt » 13 Apr 2021 20:56

Hello, stupid question maybe but, sometime in the game there is a random event who look like police controlling car/truck. Does this still happen with your mod ?

Thank you
TheRanger2604

#338 Post by TheRanger2604 » 14 Apr 2021 05:52

Hi @danbywinby ,
danbywinby wrote: 13 Apr 2021 17:12 Not sure about an old mattress though as that would have to block a lane and with no warning that would be catastrophic. Partially realistic yes but not a good idea in this game
I personally think that would be a realistic scenario. Isn't it possible to make the traffic slow down in front of it, like in front of a construction site but without warning vehicles?

danbywinby wrote: 13 Apr 2021 17:12 Small stuff like cardboard boxes could certainly be done and could even allow for a lorry further up the road that has partially lost its load, if there is a model in game that I can use for this, I think there is but I'd have to double check.
That would also be very very nice, it's to less litter on the roads in my opinion, when listening to the traffic reports on the radio you can hear often "a tire (part)", "a ladder", or even "a pipe" or "a wooden peg" or whatever lying on the roads XD Would appreciate more diversity for that. And as you already said, you could even combine this with an dditional situation where a truck lost his freight.

Anyways, your mod is a Must-Have for every ETS2-trucker in my opinion, and I'm very happy about it ^^
danbywinby

#339 Post by danbywinby » 14 Apr 2021 10:12

@yaumeister Those actually already exist in the game as default events however they have an extremely low spawn rate and are only allowed to spawn on 'local' roads. See screenshots below:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@Benouyt i apologise but i have no idea what you are referring to, do you have a screenshot of this event at all? I know there are events where police have pulled over cars / trucks, these are default in the game.

@schulzkr2604
schulzkr2604 wrote: 14 Apr 2021 05:52 I personally think that would be a realistic scenario. Isn't it possible to make the traffic slow down in front of it, like in front of a construction site but without warning vehicles?
The problem is that in ETS2 the traffic won't slow down gradually they will slow down suddenly. So you'll find yourself crashing in to the vehicle in front because they have suddenly come to a stop because the vehicle in front of them has come to a stop because there is a mattress or something in the road. What i could do is what i have done for the broken down vehicles have it so that sometimes you have a police car in front or a VMS sign to give you warning that there is something up ahead.
Benouyt

#340 Post by Benouyt » 14 Apr 2021 10:21

Hello, yes sorry its what i meant (for me it seem to be a control) does simple events like this still happen with your mod enabled ?

Return to “Others”