[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ATLANTIK7773

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#371 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 25 Apr 2021 13:17

Danielle thank you so much for a very realistic mod! Your mod is like real life events! In the new update, you can add the following events:
1. Place a lot of human units on the road with waving hands and with posters, for example, about global warming! or squads in yellow vests in France !? No, this is not a political step on my part! it's just that in many countries there are people who go to demonstrations. Just put protection on the banners so that they cannot insert a skin with which developers may have problems. I don't want the developers who made our dream of driving trucks to be punished
2. Place a detachment of girls of easy virtue, an example near gas stations.
orizon

#372 Post by orizon » 25 Apr 2021 14:32

I tried with 100% but no luck. But I drove only in Iberia. I will try again in other places.

A short suggestion about roadworks that I see quite common in real life regards roadwork events. You can do only the signage that a lane is closed, but no workers there.
danbywinby

#373 Post by danbywinby » 25 Apr 2021 18:43

orizon wrote: 25 Apr 2021 14:32 A short suggestion about roadworks that I see quite common in real life regards roadwork events. You can do only the signage that a lane is closed, but no workers there.
:lol: :lol:
Love this suggestion. Unfortunately though I want to disagree with it but I cant because I do actually see this in real life as well.
:lol: :lol:

Maybe I could add some kind of road defect or something just to give a reason for the lane closure. :thinking:
abasstreppas

#374 Post by abasstreppas » 25 Apr 2021 19:12

I also have this problem about only seeing accidents and no roadworks and nothing in city areas

In Sweden you rarely see accidents, but roadworks in various sizes and broken down cars/trucks happens quite often. ;)
danbywinby

#375 Post by danbywinby » 25 Apr 2021 21:39

Thank you for the feedback all. I will see what I can do about making roadwork events more common in the next version.
skyy-v8

#376 Post by skyy-v8 » 26 Apr 2021 17:29

Old Ted wrote: 17 Apr 2021 18:32 Hi - I added your revised mod and checked it. At this point, what kicked me out of the game is fine and I could continue to go. The mod stays and I will see if it causes any problems later. If so, I will let you know.
Did the update from daniel fixed the problem for you on the long run? I am asking because I reported a game crash yesterday in an other section here in the forums and know I think that this might be the problem. Was blaming jazzycats , TZ Express and animated gates before :D

viewtopic.php?p=1545567#p1545567
danbywinby

#377 Post by danbywinby » 26 Apr 2021 17:55

@KrysEmlyn

Has managed to get the roadwork barriers to have reflective panels for me. Like what i have done to the traffic cones.

A massive thank you to @KrysEmlyn

Screenshot below:
[ external image ]

Now i agree with all you that the roadworks don't spawn often enough. Took me ages to find a roadwork event to take the above screenshot :lol:
Old Ted

#378 Post by Old Ted » 26 Apr 2021 18:13

Hi - I added your revised mod and checked it. At this point, what kicked me out of the game is fine and I could continue to go. The mod stays and I will see if it causes any problems later. If so, I will let you know.
Did the update from daniel fixed the problem for you on the long run? I am asking because I reported a game crash yesterday in an other section here in the forums and know I think that this might be the problem. Was blaming jazzycats , TZ Express and animated gates before
For me, the update solved the problem, but I only drove in Iberia DLC areas, because I had no problems in other areas before. I had a problem then in Spain after adding the Iberia DLC.
danbywinby

#379 Post by danbywinby » 08 May 2021 13:23

New minor version released.

This is only a small version with minor tweaks and fixes.

If you do download it please let me know if you encounter any of the city roadwork or channels (bumpy man hole covers) events. Depending on how this goes i may remove the 'urban_area' limit from these events in the next version as well.

In the next version i hope to completely improve the roadworks events, i had hoped to have the new retroreflective roadwork barriers in this new version but last week my computer decided to completely crash on me and so i lost the last month and halfs worth of work on this mod (moved to a better backup solution now) so i had to dedicate most of my time this week to getting the ATS version up to the same standard as this version.

Changes in V1.4.2:
  • Decreased chance of accident events spawning with crashed vehicles facing the wrong way.
  • Slightly decreased chance of accident events spawning.
  • Removed 'narrow' city accident events (this may only be temporary, want to see if this will increase the spawn rate of the city roadwork and channelse events).
  • Made 'narrow' accident events no longer able to spawn on 2 lane roads.
  • Removed the 'urban_area' limit on the 'city' one lane accident events (these events will now only spawn on 2 lane roads if the shoulder size is less than 1.5 this should prevent them from spawning on the main highways/motorways).
First post updated with new download link.

Any issues do please let me know and i will aim to get them fixed as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for future additions do please let me know.
abasstreppas

#380 Post by abasstreppas » 08 May 2021 13:56

Thanks mate for your hard work :)

Return to “Others”