[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ZeFrango

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#421 Post by ZeFrango » 08 Jun 2021 07:57

Nice work. This Will go the best update ever
abasstreppas

#422 Post by abasstreppas » 08 Jun 2021 21:35

Awesome work, mate ;)
ZeFrango

#423 Post by ZeFrango » 25 Jun 2021 11:47

any news?
danbywinby

#424 Post by danbywinby » 29 Jun 2021 10:06

Hi All

Sorry haven't had much time at all recently to work on this at all. Lots of fun and games and issues at work recently so just have not been in the mood for modding much at all recently.

Unfortunately also come across some issues that I need to fix with the roadworks events. I was hoping that I would be able to use the exact same setup that SCS uses for generating the correct roadworks/lane closure signs for each country but unfortunately that does not seem to be working as easily as I had hoped because I have a much bigger taper than what the default SCS events use. So I'm probably going to have to create my own versions for each country so that the signs are at a realistic distance from the start of the taper. Obviously this will be a lot of work and so I wanted to avoid it.

I also was not happy with just using the vertical roadwork barriers so several weeks ago I went ahead and converted the portable blue arrow signs to buildings just as the vertical roadwork barriers are and made them retroreflective as well. I havent posted any pictures because I haven't even had a chance to test them yet. :lol: Again unfortunately this means more work on my side because I will now have to create lots more different versions of the tapers but I believe that in the end it will be worth it because it will bring even more variety.

Also I still need to figure out what I am going to do about the end sections of the roadworks because I'm not happy with just using the default SCS scenes but I also don't think just having the roadworks end will look great.
ZeFrango

#425 Post by ZeFrango » 29 Jun 2021 12:12

thanks, when 1.41 is released, will the mod be updated? with new additions?
good work. best mod for game
abasstreppas

#426 Post by abasstreppas » 29 Jun 2021 13:55

Take your time, Dan. It will be ready when you feel it's ready. Cheers :D
danbywinby

#427 Post by danbywinby » 12 Jul 2021 16:49

Managed to make some real good progress on this mod this weekend.

Firstly i have now created a second version of each of my roadwork start cutscenes that now contain the arrow roadwork signs that i converted over several weekends ago.

[ external image ]

On top of that i have also created another second version of each of my roadwork start cutscenes for the outer lane + hard shoulder roads that contain a second van warning of the lane closure. So sometimes you'll have two vans and sometimes you'll have one van. Unfortunately i discovered an issue with the way i was originally planning to do this.

[ external image ]

This weekend i have also managed to create the 'German' versions of my roadworks events so that they spawn with the correct signs. Unfortunately because of my start cutscenes being longer than SCS's i have had to link these signs to my events manually instead of being able to use SCSs setup. Whilst i am working on these i did have a thought that potentially they are too close together, does anybody else think i should make the gaps between them bigger?

[ external image ]

Also as a side note would anybody be interested in assisting me with testing out a beta version of my mod before i do a full release?
ATLANTIK7773

#428 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 12 Jul 2021 17:07

Hey! I work in the traffic police in all cases in our country there is one traffic direction sign; otherwise, there are many cones, barrage tapes and poles with flashing lights.
ATLANTIK7773

#429 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 12 Jul 2021 17:13

images.jpg
images.jpg (13.82 KiB) Viewed 696 times
In the screenshots you have everything correctly located, only one many signs of the direction of movement! And so everything is cool! Good job good luck with your work and thanks for your time creating this fashion masterpiece!
danbywinby

#430 Post by danbywinby » 12 Jul 2021 21:32

So i have now finished creating all of the different country specific versions of my one lane roadworks events.

Next up is to do the same for the hard shoulder roadworks but i'm wondering. Are signs and speed limits normally used for roadworks completely on the hard shoulder or not?

After that the last thing for the roadworks events is to decide what to do about the end cutscenes. Currently with the default SCS sutscenes they literally just end with a small taper as you can see in the screenshot below:

[ external image ]

Personally i don't like this and don't think that is how it is done in real life. If anybody has any knowledge or images of how it is done in real life that would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Return to “Others”