[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#281 Post by danbywinby » 08 Mar 2021 18:50

I am absolutely loving what am i now able to do with this sign.

I have now figured out a way to show lane closures on this sign, also added a roadworks image and figured out a way to (sort of) having flashing lights in the 4 corners.

These will definitely be in the next version of my random events mods, not sure yet if i will completely replace my 'LANE CLOSURE SLOW DOWN' and 'ACCIDENT SLOW DOWN' signs with these new ones or keep them in for variety.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Finder

#282 Post by Finder » 08 Mar 2021 21:37

Great job with new modification's features :)

BTW. How look emergency lights in 1.40? It's better than in 1.39 or it's similar?
danbywinby

#283 Post by danbywinby » 08 Mar 2021 23:01

@Finder

Thank you for the kind words.

Difficult to say. I have not played much of the new 1.40 beta but I have played a little but obviously with it being a beta things are still changing most days at the moment.

However from what I've played of it I can say that night time especially during the rain is a lot darker and better than before. This helps the emergency lights to also be a lot better. In terms of the emergency lights themselves I havent noticed a huge difference. I fee like the emergency lights on the fire engines and ambulances however are a lot better and brighter than ones on the police cars. But this might be down to the fact that these vehicles are bigger and so have bigger lights where as the police cars literally just have the one light on the roof. This is one thing I would like to see SCS change because realistically police cars have lights everywhere basically front grille, front windscreen, on the sides, in the rear window, all over.
Juniorfreddy777

#284 Post by Juniorfreddy777 » 22 Mar 2021 13:45

Hello @danbywinby and all. Does this mod work in 1.40 yet?
Owner of VDB Transport B.V, Freddy Transporte and Owner of The Greynia's team/convoy

Trucksbook: https://trucksbook.eu/company/102086

Our company is still in development
danbywinby

#285 Post by danbywinby » 23 Mar 2021 09:53

@Juniorfreddy777 I have not done a great deal of testing in game with this mod on the 1.40 update and instead have been mostly working in the map editor with it. However the only issues I have encountered and are aware of so far are that my traffic cones no longer produce shadows (should hopefully be a quick fix by re-exporting from blender once the blender tools new version is released) and a texture issue with the tow trucks (already fixed and will be in the next version).
Juniorfreddy777

#286 Post by Juniorfreddy777 » 23 Mar 2021 13:41

Ok well some shadows that are gone are okay.
Owner of VDB Transport B.V, Freddy Transporte and Owner of The Greynia's team/convoy

Trucksbook: https://trucksbook.eu/company/102086

Our company is still in development
chopoland

#287 Post by chopoland » 23 Mar 2021 21:57

It really is a must-have mod to increase realism. It never disappoints.
niccan69

#288 Post by niccan69 » 24 Mar 2021 02:49

Hello, after several tests, this mod crashes my game (ATS 1.40). Hope there will be an update because I love this mod !!!!
danbywinby

#289 Post by danbywinby » 24 Mar 2021 11:06

@niccan69 Can you please provide me with more details on exactly when your game crashes? And please post your game.log? Please post your reply in the thread for the ATS version of this mod which you find here:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=293448
danbywinby

#290 Post by danbywinby » 24 Mar 2021 17:53

With the final version of 1.40 now released i have ran through several trips on it with my Random Events mod and have not come across any major issues. Which is very good news.

With that out the way i can now show some of the new things that i have been working on and will be coming to the next version of this mod.

Firstly i now have fully dynamic single lane accident events. These can spawn with 2, 3 or 4 crashed vehicles and can have several different versions of the police officers at the start and can have either police, police + ambulance, ambulance or recovery truck at the end.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I have made many tweaks/improvements to the breakdown events. One of these is to add the possibility of it spawning with a police car in front of the broken down vehicle.
[ external image ]

I have also got my brand new VMS signs with pictures rather than text.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Below are the things that i would really like to get done before releasing the next update for 1.40:
- Make the narrow accidents fully dynamic in the same way as i have done for the single lane accident events.
- Create new cutscenes for the new vehicles i have converted to have hazard lights on and add them to the breakdown / recovery events.
- Fix the issue with traffic cones not generating shadows (i believe this requires SCS to release the next versions of blender/conversion tools).
- Fix an issue with 'invalid hook position' error occurring when driving past some of my events.
- Update all of my events to use the new VMS signs instead of the old ones.

Return to “Others”