[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Slochmann

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#321 Post by Slochmann » 11 Apr 2021 00:17

Oh, that's interesting, I wasn't aware of that dependency being introduced. Off to the store I go then, thanks for telling me!
djadlib

#322 Post by djadlib » 11 Apr 2021 10:36

Thank you for the update!
kiri kiri

#323 Post by kiri kiri » 11 Apr 2021 10:53

hello danny the maker of the mod I had an idea and do not know this may be possible to have this in your mod in the future, it is also a bit random now and then you see a company on the motorway with tractor and signage. take off the greenery and hanging branches along the track I thought this makes it in game maybe also just a bit more realistic thanks
abasstreppas

#324 Post by abasstreppas » 11 Apr 2021 11:08

@danbywinby TMA trucks, have you thought about adding something like that?

TMA pics (Google search)
danbywinby

#325 Post by danbywinby » 11 Apr 2021 13:27

@Slochmann apologies, I was not even aware of this requirement myself as I have the Special Transport DLC and this is the first time I have heard of anyone having issues.

@kiri kiri Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your reply but I believe you are suggesting to remove the low hanging trees and branches from the sides of the road. Unfortunately this is not possible to do with the random events. At the moment it is not possible for the random events to interact with anything along the side of the road.

@abasstreppas great idea and yes I have thought about and would love to have something like that. Unfortunately the closest I can get to something like that at the moment is the arrow board trailer in the screenshot below which is a possibility to spawn in some of my events:
[ external image ]
Hopefully in the future SCS will add something more like a proper TMA vehicle and then I can add that in.
Slochmann

#326 Post by Slochmann » 11 Apr 2021 15:13

danbywinby wrote: 11 Apr 2021 13:27 @Slochmann apologies, I was not even aware of this requirement myself as I have the Special Transport DLC and this is the first time I have heard of anyone having issues.
No worries! Been using your mod without any issues since forever, so this is probably the first time you've included DLC-related content in one of your iterations I presume then, no? Maybe put it in the OP as requirement to avoid any confusions in case there's more like me who didn't really care about huge cargos until now ;) Cheers!
kiri kiri

#327 Post by kiri kiri » 11 Apr 2021 17:07

danny no no yeah my english not so good somethimes you see workers on the highway that remove branches with a farming tractor ans some sort of machien 2 cut it of maybe you can make that like a random event because you already yuse the signs and cones
danbywinby

#328 Post by danbywinby » 11 Apr 2021 21:38

@Slochmann Yes, this is the first time I've included content from that DLC. Been trying all day to think what could have caused this issue but i think I've figured out whats caused it. It will be the new highway maintenance like van that I've added for the breakdown events instead of it always being the recovery truck. Whats strange is that the light board vans that have been in my mod for a while have worked fine for you, yet this new van which I thought was basically the same as those light board vans have caused this issue for you. Very strange that even though the vans are basically the same some of them are in the base game but some of them are in the DLC :thinking:

@kiri kiri No problem. I understand what you are suggesting now. Unfortunately I can't do anything related to removing of low branches as I cant do any events that interact with stuff on the side of the road. However I could possibly do something related to branches or fallen trees on the road however I'm not sure if it will look odd if it spawns somewhere without trees nearby :thinking:
omggod

#329 Post by omggod » 12 Apr 2021 14:47

Thanks for the good work! Appreciate your effort!
omggod

#330 Post by omggod » 12 Apr 2021 15:19

Can this mod works with the Realistic Traffic Intensity & Behavior mod made by D.B Creation?

Return to “Others”