[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Old Ted

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#351 Post by Old Ted » 17 Apr 2021 11:16

Hi Daniels. I used your mod before and after adding the Iberia DLC, I used it too. One time I had a collision in a tunnel with a crashed plane, the incident suddenly hit the game and I severely damaged the kit. Today I got kicked out of the game 20 times in the same place. I removed ai mods from Jazzycat but nothing helped. It wasn't until I removed your newest mod and restored the mods from Jazzycat that I went over the place where I was thrown out. The place may have been random, but attached is a game log and a photo from the place where it killed me. Unfortunately, I have to stop using your mod.

[ external image ] [17/04/2021 12:59:05] (sec-0018+0010);-68590.1;27.9356;40815.3;-0.446733;-0.107822

https://pastebin.pl/view/df440767

Ps. Sorry for English - I use google translator.
danbywinby

#352 Post by danbywinby » 17 Apr 2021 11:34

@Old Ted That error will be because you do not have the Special Transport DLC. If you are happy to I would recommend purchasing the DLC apart from that the only thing I suggest is that you remove my mod and wait for an update from me that will remove that requirement. Apologies for this i did not realise that I was using a van that is only available in that DLC.
Benouyt

#353 Post by Benouyt » 17 Apr 2021 12:03

Something weird i find with this mod its when there a stopped vehicle with the utility van, the van should be behind the car with some arrow or light for securize and not after the car. Also there should be more often a van with big arrows on the events as its usually one of the first thing coming on accidents.
Old Ted

#354 Post by Old Ted » 17 Apr 2021 14:11

danbywinby - I do not really have the Special Transport DLC and since I am not going to buy it, I will wait for your update.
danbywinby

#355 Post by danbywinby » 17 Apr 2021 16:51

@Old Ted Can you please try this new version below and let me know if that fixes the issue? Had a quick look and looks like the issue might not be as bad as i first thought.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ja7canr ... 1.rar/file
Old Ted

#356 Post by Old Ted » 17 Apr 2021 18:32

Hi - I added your revised mod and checked it. At this point, what kicked me out of the game is fine and I could continue to go. The mod stays and I will see if it causes any problems later. If so, I will let you know.
danbywinby

#357 Post by danbywinby » 17 Apr 2021 22:22

Benouyt wrote: 17 Apr 2021 12:03 Something weird i find with this mod its when there a stopped vehicle with the utility van, the van should be behind the car with some arrow or light for securize and not after the car. Also there should be more often a van with big arrows on the events as its usually one of the first thing coming on accidents.
The van was added to the breakdown / recovery events to add a bit more variety so that its not always a recovery truck that is on scene. There are lots of events with the vans with the light boards especially when on the highways.

@Old Ted that is good to hear however would still be interested to know what it is that is kicking you out of the game. Do you get any other errors in you game.log?
KrysEmlyn

#358 Post by KrysEmlyn » 18 Apr 2021 16:36

As for the van that is requiring ownership of the Special Transport DLC, you can blame SCS Software for this problem.
Before the release of 1.40, the van in question was part of the base game files and was listed in the "special_vehicles.sii" file in the "unit/hookup" directory tree.
With the 1.40 release of 1.40, the van has been removed from the base game files and relocated to the Special Transport DLC files.
The van has also been removed from the "special_vehicles.sii" file in the base game and a new "special_vehicles.dlc_oversize.sii" file was added to the Special Transport DLC files in the "unit/hookup" directory tree.
danbywinby

#359 Post by danbywinby » 18 Apr 2021 19:58

@KrysEmlyn I dont think the entire van itself was moved. From what I can tell the model itself is still in the base file however the def files for the variants I am using are in the special transport dlc. Because of this I have simply added a copy of those def files to my mod. Because the model itself is still in the base I dont see anything wrong with this.
djadlib

#360 Post by djadlib » 18 Apr 2021 20:11

@danbywinby I'll also check your revised events mod. I use a custom van for my special transports. A MB Sprinter with my own company colors so it was weird seeing it featured in the events. I'll check if your new mod fixes this

Return to “Others”