[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
NiHao

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#391 Post by NiHao » 20 May 2021 16:01

Hi @danvywinby.

All right, I drive for the last 20 years. I have driven through Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovakia, Poland , Belarus, Slovenia, and Austria.
Not much like some other people, but not bad either ;)

Anyway, I have driven both on the regular roads and express/motor-ways. 8/10 the barriers used in the last 5+ years are this:
[ external image ]
The only difference is if they have lights on it or not. On regular roads is so-so. On express/motor-ways mostly have lights.

Hard concrete barriers are used 1/10:
[ external image ]

For the really quick jobs (1/10), cones are used i.e. always used for the horizontal signaling repaint.
[ external image ]

Copy/paste on search "autobahn baustelle deutschland / schweiz / österreich" for German speaking countries.
Copy/paste "radovi na putu" for the former Yugoslavia.
This is from my country:
https://media.ilovezrenjanin.com/2017/0 ... 50x270.jpg
https://ocdn.eu/pulscms-transforms/1/Ga ... QJCAIGhMAU
My photo made last May:
[ external image ]
Example from Bosnia:
https://avaz.ba/media/2021/04/17/148331 ... 73x400.jpg

Here are my personal photos from October 2018. They are so so quality (plus resized for upload) because I was alone in the car so I just quickly pictured…
Anyway, this is from Poland:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Also from Poland, unrelated to this, but related to game (because I see AI in the game driving like this :o)…
[ external image ]

This is from Slovakia:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

And from Belarus:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

If you need more, tell :).
abasstreppas

#392 Post by abasstreppas » 20 May 2021 18:08

In Sweden we have similar system as above, but concrete barriers (heavy barriers) are painted in yellow/red and some barriers look like this:
[ external image ]
Sometimes those concrete barriers have yellow/red reflexes attached instead of paint

As Swedish warning traffic signs have yellow instead of white base color, the same goes for all warning systems in traffic
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]
danbywinby

#393 Post by danbywinby » 21 May 2021 08:20

@NiHao and @abasstreppas Thank you very much for those pictures and links and info. They have really helped. Big thank you.

With reagrds to those plastic barriers that are shown in your pictures from Belarus i am very glad that you have shown them because they are used in the UK where i'm from and i was really not sure to try to include them or not because i was not sure if they were used in other European countries so i'm very glad to see that they are used. And i have found a model very similar to them in the game that i can use:
[ external image ]
philbean

#394 Post by philbean » 21 May 2021 10:11

Usually just cones here in the UK.
Lots of cones.

[ external image ]
Benouyt

#395 Post by Benouyt » 21 May 2021 10:54

I think it depend the nature of the roadwork being worked on.
NiHao

#396 Post by NiHao » 21 May 2021 11:54

@danbywinby

All right, I found more personal photos.

This is again from October 2018 from Hungary.
You can read CONTRAFLOW TRAFFIC under Hungarian and can see small barriers in the mid of the road.
[ external image ]

This is border crossing from Hungary into Slovakia.
[ external image ]

All the following photos were made on the 15th of July, 2015, Niš – Belgrade motorway. I will never forgot that road trip not only because
there were road works all over the motorway in the middle of tourist season, but my car‘s windshield got slightly damaged because of it :evil:!
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The following two photos were made at Bubanj Potok. There were the most famous toll booths not only in Serbia, maybe former Yugoslavia.
They are gone since April 2017, and in the second photo you can see preparation for new work.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The last group of photos is from the "famous" Sector B of Belgrade bypass.
You can see they used those plastic (red-white) barriers.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
danbywinby

#397 Post by danbywinby » 21 May 2021 12:25

philbean wrote: 21 May 2021 10:11 Usually just cones here in the UK.
Lots of cones.
Being from the UK myself I can confirm. Roadworks in the UK you can basically guarantee they will use cones they might use other barriers as well but there will always be at least one cone :lol:

I am wondering about the possibility of combining the different barrier types for example have the vertical barriers for a bit and then switch to concrete where you have the actual roadworkers working and then switch back to the vertical barriers at the end :?: not sure if this would be possible but could certainly try :?:

@NiHao again a massive thank you for the photos, they really are a great help. I see that a blue/white arrow sign is used in some of them I'm sure I remember seeing something similar in the default SCS roadwork events so I should be able to add that in as well.
danbywinby

#398 Post by danbywinby » 23 May 2021 10:36

So i have finally decided what i am going to do for the different barrier types for the narrow roadwork events. I am going to use only the vertical roadwork barriers (not sure what their proper name is) and the cones. I feel that realistically these kinds of roadwork would be mostly short term and so they wouldn't use the concrete or big plastic barriers (i will use these when i come to making my own versions of the other roadworks events).

So i have created four different versions of the narrow roadworks events:

1. Using the vertical roadworks barriers:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

2. Using the cones:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

3. Using the vertical roadworks barriers but spawning with either nothing in the middle or only ground textures (dirt, road damage etc.)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

4. Using the cones but spawning with either nothing in the middle or only ground textures (dirt, road damage etc.)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by danbywinby on 23 May 2021 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
abasstreppas

#399 Post by abasstreppas » 23 May 2021 12:53

That looks very good. Much better than concrete barriers on those narrow roadworks ;)
ZeFrango

#400 Post by ZeFrango » 23 May 2021 16:18

good job

Return to “Others”