[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Finder

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#411 Post by Finder » 28 May 2021 21:00

Good work, I asked you in past about adding patches with collisions to your modification. Now you announce that it'll appear in next update so I'm happy that you want to more and more upgrade your mod :)
danbywinby

#412 Post by danbywinby » 28 May 2021 21:44

Benouyt wrote: 28 May 2021 18:22 Bit weird to have drain plate and water plate in countryside roade, but good work
I do agree that it is a bit weird, but I think it's an acceptable compromise. Hopefully SCS will fix the 'area_tag: urban_area' in a future update and I can set them back to only spawn in urban areas (hoping this will be sooner rather than later because I've already some plans for some city events I would love to add). However if I get lots of feedback saying that people don't like these the I will consider removing them for now.

@Finder luck was very much on my side with this, it turned to be easier than I first thought and it worked perfectly first time :D
ATLANTIK7773 wrote: 27 May 2021 01:11 And another question in the game over the car that the police were detained, the helicopter is flying to make a searchlight at the helicopter burn at night and illuminate the ground. It would be great and original.
I agree, that would very good. I'll add it to my list to have a look into.
ATLANTIK7773 wrote: 28 May 2021 18:08 In the new update, I ask you to add a collision and an obstacle when passing a log,
so that during a collision with an obstacle, use the base mod for sound Sound Fixes Pack v21.38 - ETS2 from the author of YouDriveSafely
I will not be incorporating mods from other modders into my mod. Those logs in your screenshot I believe are part of that company prefab so I will not be making any edits to that.
ATLANTIK7773 wrote: 28 May 2021 17:33 You do very hard work and face the difficulties of modeling, but the result is on the face we get realistic mods that take the game to the next level! From a pure heart, I wish you good luck! With great respect for your work!
Thank you very much for those kind words.

Also thank you @ZeFrango for those kind words. Don't worry you will have it soon ;)
ATLANTIK7773

#413 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 28 May 2021 21:58

I am not asking other developers to include in mods. So that there was a collision collision when hitting a log. I am using the Asphalt Patch of random events V1.5.6 mod from the author Eodor Alin and gave an example.
danbywinby

#414 Post by danbywinby » 29 May 2021 08:33

@ATLANTIK7773 Apologies I must have misunderstood you first. Do you mean add some logs or similar as a new random event on the side of the road with collisions? Almost like they've fallen off the back of a van or truck?
ATLANTIK7773

#415 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 29 May 2021 10:12

Yes, only on the road and when you cross them you experience a small collision as with hatches or holes on the road. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
1653d38b137b222728138650495e206a211ad1981_960.jpg
img_top.jpg
ATLANTIK7773

#416 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 29 May 2021 10:27

Or another idea to create a random event of a truck or car accident with traces on the road and obstacles with pieces of rubber, too, with an effect on driving to hatches. The game already has pieces of rubber lying at the edge of the road to use them.
Attachments
12.jpg
danbywinby

#417 Post by danbywinby » 01 Jun 2021 13:00

Hi All

So the last thinkg i want to do before i release the next version is to make my own versions of the single lane roadwork events just like what i have done with the narrow roadworks events.

I have figured out how i can combine both the vertical roadworks barriers and the concreate barriers. Because from what i've seen in rela life sometimes you only have the conrete barriers where the workers are actually working. I have also been able to create a gap between the start of the lane closure and the start of where the workers are actually working. Another thing i am able to now achieve with these roadworks events is to be able to increase the size of the taper to match the size of the taper in my accident events which again makes it more realistic in my opinion.

I have found one issue with this though and that is that when use the vertical roadworks abrriers with the lights alongside where the workers are working the lights are not actually synced with my vertical roadworks barriers with lights that are running alongside the gap. If this is a big issue then i could just change these to be the ones without lights. So you will have the lights at the lane closure and running alongside where the workers are working but not alongside the gap.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
ATLANTIK7773 wrote: 29 May 2021 10:12 Yes, only on the road and when you cross them you experience a small collision as with hatches or holes on the road. Thanks in advance!
I have had a look in the editor in game and have found some 'fallen log' models that appear to have collisions so i have made a note of these and will have a further look into these and do some tests with them when i can.
ATLANTIK7773 wrote: 27 May 2021 01:11 And another question in the game over the car that the police were detained, the helicopter is flying to make a searchlight at the helicopter burn at night and illuminate the ground. It would be great and original.
I have had a look into this and there doesnt appear to be any way to add a 'searchlight' to the helicopter and even more shocking the helicopter is not actually a police helicopter :o
ATLANTIK7773

#418 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 01 Jun 2021 15:20

Looks realistic and comfortable to move around. As for the helicopter, it's a pity it's not the police, but it's a news helicopter that flies from some TV companies. Good luck with your work!
ZeFrango

#419 Post by ZeFrango » 01 Jun 2021 17:43

Good news. Keep good job.
danbywinby

#420 Post by danbywinby » 07 Jun 2021 17:40

Hi All

So i am almost finished with creating my own versions of the single lane roadworks events.

I have decided to go for three different barrier versions:
1. The standard vertical roadwork barriers
2. The standard vertical roadwork barriers and the concrete barrier behind them
3. The standard vertical roadwork barriers and the red white concrete barrier behind them

Each of these different barriers have a chance of spawning 5 different start cutscenes:
1. Just the relevant barrier taper itself
2. The barrier taper plus the van with the chevron arrow board
3. The barrier taper plus the van with the board that chnages between an arrow and an X.
4. The barrier taper plus the van with the trailer with the big arrow lights
5. The barrier taper plus the van with lots of flashing lights but no arrow board

In total this gives 15 different start cutscenes that could potentially spawn at each of these roadworks events.

As i have done with the narrow roadworks these also have a versions that contain the actual roadworks with the actual people and a version that has either nothing in the middle or only ground textures (dirt, road damage etc.).

Some screenshots of them below:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The version that will spawn on the outer lane of roads with a hard shoulder also has the potential to spawn with a van on the hard shoulder behind the taper directing traffic to move over as well.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I have also created roadworks events that are completely on the hard shoulder
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

You will probably notice that i have not yet made any changes to the end cutscenes and am currently using the default SCS ones. This is because at the moment i am not sure what to do for these as in my experience roadworks just end they don't really have anything special at the end apart from the signs to say that the roadworks have ended, they don't have any sort of taper like at the start because vehicles need to be able to exit the roadworks.

Return to “Others”