Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2 - Create your own mods + Tools for modders! RELEASE v1.38.2.1

Reinhard

Re: Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2

#21 Post by Reinhard » 21 Feb 2019 21:29

I guess the editor is only for the game format tobj? Which makes sense, as that one is plain text anyway. It is only that if a user opens a middle format tobj file, an index error is generated.

Not really important, but maybe irritating to the less experienced modder.

BTW, I like the interface design. Great tool.

mamba001

#22 Post by mamba001 » 21 Feb 2019 22:03

@BEMModding
Thanks for the Tool.... is Really good and a good work from you.
Is it Possibility to add more options for save dds files, not only in DXT5....

THX
regards...
Who finds spelling mistakes, He can keep them.

BEMModding

#23 Post by BEMModding » 21 Feb 2019 22:10

@Reinhard: In the next update the error message will better explain that the tobj file to be edited should be a binary tobj file and not a plain text tobj file. Thanks for the compliments!

@mamba001: I have added your suggestion to the list. I think that it will eventually be possible. I will have to see what the NVidia dds conversion tool that BEM uses can do. Thanks for the compliments!
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

Onkel Hugo

#24 Post by Onkel Hugo » 22 Feb 2019 07:31

Hi Ben, I´ve tried your mods yesterday - they are really great, easy to use and very helpful.

But I also had 3 little things, that were not working properly:
- same as fmad23, logo only worked for company, not as repaints.
- player/driver-picture is only IN the game but not in the first screen where you choose your profil.
- same as ipaho40, error when entering economy mode (wrong value...1500....????)

One thing I didn´t understand so far, for what do I need a "base-folder"? Must I decrypt or copy the original "base.scs" from game-folder or something like that?

Greetings, Onkel Hugo
Greetings, Onkel Hugo Image

fmad23

#25 Post by fmad23 » 22 Feb 2019 08:06

The base folder is for modder to extract the files. The logo is fixed, download again :) And, have a look at the videos on his hp.
Greetings, Frank

Onkel Hugo

#26 Post by Onkel Hugo » 22 Feb 2019 08:14

Ok, thanks for the quick update. (I´ve already looked at the videos, they are very good and easy to understand step by step - great work!) :P :P

Greetings, Onkel Hugo
Greetings, Onkel Hugo Image

BEMModding

#27 Post by BEMModding » 22 Feb 2019 12:53

@Onkel Hugo: As fmad23 said, uninstall v1.0.0.0 and install v1.0.0.3. It corrects the logo and economy bugs. As for the drivers, when you activate the mod, when creating a new profile, the drivers of the mod are added at the end of the game's drivers in the drivers list. When you start the game, the drivers of the mod replace the game's drivers (depending on the number of drivers that you have created).
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

BK Vissers
Global moderator

#28 Post by BK Vissers » 22 Feb 2019 13:00

I'm curious if this nifty software comes with an installer, or if one can just unzip it and pop it in a folder and use it?

BEMModding

#29 Post by BEMModding » 22 Feb 2019 13:13

@BK Vissers: It comes with an installer. While it might be possible to create a version without an installer, my knowledge of this is very limited so I only provide the version with installer. The installer is automatically made by my programming environment (.NET Visual Basic) so it's much easier for me just to use the provided installer.

BK Vissers
Global moderator

#30 Post by BK Vissers » 22 Feb 2019 13:16

That's understandable. Thanks for the reply and for your creative effort to make this.

Return to “Others”