Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2 - Create your own mods + Tools for modders! RELEASE v1.37.1.2

Etrusan

Re: Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2

#31 Post by Etrusan » 22 Feb 2019 15:10

Would it be possible to simply display the decoded .tobj as a normal text instead of the dropdowns? It might work for some, but not for me.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

BEMModding

#32 Post by BEMModding » 22 Feb 2019 17:26

@Etrusan: In the next update you will be able to see the data as normal text and copy it to paste it as csv in a spreadsheet. I will probably eventually add the possibility to export multiple tobj files data at once so it can easily be imported in a spreadsheet.
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

Kiwimike7

#33 Post by Kiwimike7 » 23 Feb 2019 08:57

Anyone else having problems installing this in Windoze 10? No matter what security settings I change it will not allow me to install, even as an administrator. Pulling out what is left of my hair!
Cheers
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

fmad23

#34 Post by fmad23 » 23 Feb 2019 12:44

Right klick on icon (setup) and "as administrator" choose dont work?
Is the "user control settings" on an high level?
Are you loged in as an administrator?

It must work?!? I have no problems to install or run the programm.

Edit: Check your firewall
Greetings, Frank

BEMModding

#35 Post by BEMModding » 23 Feb 2019 13:05

Could it be an anti-virus software that doesn't want to install BEM? If you have a previous version did you uninstall it bfore installing the new version? Do you get an error message or any message that tells you some information about why it's not installing? What happens when you start the setup file?
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

tobrago

#36 Post by tobrago » 23 Feb 2019 15:21

Kiwimike7 wrote:
23 Feb 2019 08:57
Anyone else having problems installing this in Windoze 10?
I tried the latest Ben’s Easy Modding version 1.0.0.3 to install on Windows 10 Pro x64. It is installed without any problems.
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

BEMModding

#37 Post by BEMModding » 23 Feb 2019 16:04

I forgot to mention on the website that BEM currently only works with 64bits Windows. I have added the information. The next update will also be available for 32bits Windows but may have some limitations.

Reinhard

#38 Post by Reinhard » 23 Feb 2019 18:27

I have successfully converted the models of the whole base. At least I hope so, of course I have tested only a few files. But I'm confident. Now I tried the same with an old trailer-mod of mine. There was a warning about single files and textures, but I decided to go on. There were only two files produced, a PIM and a PIT.

What I've done is probably not what the service is meant for. So here my idea: a service for converting a mod, in the same manner like it is now done with the base. Ideally by picking a folder, which holds an extracted mod, possibly with several different models.

I have never used Blender up to now, Zmodeler only, so I'm only loosely following discussions about ConverterPIX and such, so far. Can edited materials which break the check-summed name of "automat" materials be a problem, when it comes to conversion?

BEMModding

#39 Post by BEMModding » 23 Feb 2019 20:37

When you convert all the SCS models at once the material files are generated. But when you convert a single model, like in this case, they are not. This only means that when you view a model in the model viewer, it can't automatically hide parts of the model that are used for shadows because their material is unknown. The same happens when you load a model directly from the base folders and not the converted folders. The loader converts the single model that you are opening. This makes the model look weird but you can manually hide the shadow parts manually by looking at the parts one by one with the small viewer. The shadow parts just define the general shape of the model and are not detailed. Blender might still be able to load the model without the materials but I've never tested this.

I would suggest extracting the mod in the same folder as the extracted SCS base folder and then convert all the models in the SCS base folder. This should create the missing files of the mod's model. But it will also mean that the files will be mixed with the SCS converted files so it will require more work to find them. This is a limitation of pix_converter. There's nothing that I can do about this until I have more knowledge but this is a very low priority. There are many things that I would like to do before I look into this.

As for the edited materials that break the checksum, I have no idea, never looked at that. You would need to ask someone who knows about this.

BEMModding

#40 Post by BEMModding » 23 Feb 2019 22:06

New Release v1.0.0.6

Hopefully, this release should be stable and correct the "big" problems. The next releases should be less frequent (except if other "big" problems arise).

v1.0.0.6

For Everyone:
- Minor improvements And bug fixes
- Added compatibility with 32bit Windows but may have some limitations (I can't test the 32bit version so it is not officially supported and you're on your own)

For Modders:
- Added a CSV description of the tobj file in the tobj file editor
- Added a UV image of the selected part in the Model viewer
- It Is now possible to open more than one model And UV viewers
- Removed broken support for Gimp files in Model Viewer
- Replaced broken PSD file support in Model Viewer
- Added the amount of available disk space when extracting And converting SCS files (will cancel at 100MB or less disk space)

Return to “Others”