Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2 - Create your own mods + Tools for modders! RELEASE v1.37.1.2

Etrusan

Re: Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2

#41 Post by Etrusan » 24 Feb 2019 09:46

One last question, I hope. Can it list the values as they would appear in the normal text file?

Eg.

Code: Select all

map	2d	texture_name.dds
addr	clamp_to_edge	clamp_to_edge
I have a hard time navigating what's important and what is actually used. Thanks!
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

Reinhard

#42 Post by Reinhard » 24 Feb 2019 10:16

BEMModding wrote:
23 Feb 2019 20:37
This is a limitation of pix_converter. There's nothing that I can do about this until I have more knowledge but this is a very low priority. There are many things that I would like to do before I look into this.

As for the edited materials that break the checksum, I have no idea, never looked at that. You would need to ask someone who knows about this.
Thanks for the explanation. I have never used that tool, and just saw in the output files that it was used, knowing nothing about its limitations.

BEMModding

#43 Post by BEMModding » 24 Feb 2019 13:36

@Etrusan It will be added in the next update.
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

Kiwimike7

#44 Post by Kiwimike7 » 25 Feb 2019 05:02

Thanks for the suggestions above, guys, still can't get it to work, I am guessing I have some security program that I have forgotten about. Will keep fiddling.
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

BEMModding

#45 Post by BEMModding » 27 Feb 2019 14:09

I am currently working on adding the company logo to the player's owned trailers. I will offer 3 possible locations: near the front, in the middle and near the back. (I will eventually add the possibility to customize the location with a visual interface but for now I do what I can do in a relatively short amount of time for those who are in a hurry to have their logo on their trailers). I would like to know what you think of the locations and sizes that I have chosen:

Front:

Middle:

Rear:

Should I move them, make them larger or smaller?
Last edited by BEMModding on 31 Mar 2019 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Ben's Easy Modding for ATS & ETS2, a software to easily create mods for modders & beginners, available at https://benseasymodding.com

fmad23

#46 Post by fmad23 » 27 Feb 2019 17:40

The size is ok i think- nice adition!
Greetings, Frank

Kiwimike7

#47 Post by Kiwimike7 » 28 Feb 2019 10:32

Interesting, I have been able to install easily on my laptop but not my desktop. will have to think about how I can make this work!
Mike
Mike (Kiwmike7)

BEMModding

#48 Post by BEMModding » 28 Feb 2019 17:13

For Modders: I have found a bug in the PSD file reader (used in the Model Viewer) when loading non-square images. It will be corrected in the next release.

@fmad23: Thanks! I have a lot of things that I would like to add (and I'm sure that I will get a lot of suggestions), it's just a question of the time it takes to make those additions.

@Kiwimike7: Windows works in mysterious ways :-)

BEMModding

Re: Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2 (Software to help MODDERS and BEGINNERS create MODS)

#49 Post by BEMModding » 02 Mar 2019 13:41

While working on adding your company logo on the trailers I have found that it would be useful to be able to view the UVs of a part directly on the model without having to load a UV image from a file so I have added that feature in the Model Viewer (the 'Set UV as Texture' button just above the UVs). This feature will be available in the next update.

And if you are wondering, yes, I use my own software to work on it. It helps me find bugs and improvements to make and helps me work much faster!

Cadde
Global moderator

Re: Ben’s Easy Modding For ATS & ETS2 (Update coming soon to add your company logo to your trailers!)

#50 Post by Cadde » 04 Mar 2019 13:37

May i suggest you catch all exceptions globally and print out the stack trace? This helps you with debugging your software whenever users spawns errors and reports them here.
We should have done that from the get go with ETS/ATS/Mods Studio.

IIRC, i did it with Skin Previewer. I made a separate form with a "copy error message" button that would copy the message to clipboard for easy reporting.
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

Return to “Others”