TomTom voices pack

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Putter

Re: TomTom 57 voices pack

#11 Post by Putter » 09 Aug 2019 05:25

Wow best Swedish satnav in game so far! Now it finally sounds like a proper satnav the built in one was kind of cute but it was too cheeky and talking like you are sitting beside me in the truck don’t do it for me, I want that not so personal feel of the machine talking to the lonely driver sitting there in his truck...and now it’s perfect! And in Swedish and in good sound quality... did I mention I really like this mod? ;)
TruthTeller

#12 Post by TruthTeller » 11 Aug 2019 05:46

Hmm. I have a request for the John Cleese TomTom voice... I do have the voices from when my family used to go on holidays, but I will need to find them.
Zakxaev68

#13 Post by Zakxaev68 » 11 Aug 2019 10:27

Cleese has provided TomTom his voice? Huh. We need Bruce Willis too, then! :D
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
TruthTeller

#14 Post by TruthTeller » 12 Aug 2019 03:07

I have the name of one of John Cleese voice files if that helps in the meantime while I try and find the SD Card... apparently its data88.chk
The_Kazoo_Meme

#15 Post by The_Kazoo_Meme » 14 Aug 2019 06:55

Could you please add Slovenian. I can understand Polish and Slovak, But having my own language would be amazing. Thanks
:D
Koen

#16 Post by Koen » 14 Aug 2019 12:56

@The_Kazoo_Meme Could you try Slovenčina - Barbara? I am not sure whether it is Slovakian, or actually Slovenian and just mislabelled (an š is easily forgotten).
I cannot check that myself (don't speak either language), but if it is actually Slovenian then I'll fix the name in the next version
trm31driver

Re: TomTom voices pack

#17 Post by trm31driver » 21 Aug 2019 19:17

Hi can you add the GPS VOICE "TOULOUSAIN" package for tomtom there is the link for download : http://tomtomvoix.free.fr/telechargemen ... ousain.rar
thanks you for adding
daniel_bel

#18 Post by daniel_bel » 22 Aug 2019 07:11

Koen wrote: 08 Aug 2019 20:59 Like I said, the last version of ETS2 without Steam is stuck at 1.34 from before voice navigation.
This is plainly wrong, Sir!
The non-Steam version, that I also happen to use (legit) can be updated exactly at the same moment as the one you have.

The only difference is the update is downloaded when I wish, and not pushed into my computer by some external entity.
Sometimes an update contains things I find interesting, other times (minor updates) not. I am now at 1.35.1.30 and I don't care if it's the latest or not.
It allows us to play on a machine usually disconnected from Internet and thus protected from aggressions, not needing firewalls, anti-virus, cookies cleaning etc.

I do admit we are not many, and you can probably consider it's not worth the trouble for you.
Moreover I don't personally use mods, but I am upset when somebody automatically links non-Steam and piracy.

Edit: for the record, I can also add that for what _I_ have seen , pirated games are Steam versions.... Otherwise pirated versions of ATS wouldn't exist.

Stepping down the box.
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?
Koen

#19 Post by Koen » 24 Aug 2019 12:11

@daniel_bel At the moment that that message was written (August 8th), https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php and https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/download.php listed 1.34.0.34 as last version.
That means that at the time of writing and the request, it was not possible to obtain 1.35 legally without Steam.
I don't link non-Steam to piracy, but in this case, it only could have been piracy.

So your comment is plainly wrong, Sir! ;)
daniel_bel

#20 Post by daniel_bel » 24 Aug 2019 16:14

No Sir, the pages you are referring to are no more the usual way for updates.
They are only there for people who insist on having the update material on their machines, so they could reinstall everything from scratch without ever going online.
There are a few.

The normal non-Steam updates are now done via the Online updater that has been available for years from your first link, and is synchronized with Steam releases (give or take a few hours).
I stand by what I wrote.

By the way, I did a quick search and ALL the pirated versions of Trucksim I found were Steam versions. Which is not surprising since they contain much more DLC than non Steam, those get only first four maps DLC... So I would be a fool downloading non-Steam game, or taking the effort to propose one for upload..
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?

Return to “Sound”