[TOOL] SXC Extractor - Flexible Game Data/Mod File Extraction Tool (UPDATE December 24, 2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
knox_xss

Re: [TOOL] SXC Extractor - Flexible Game Data/Mod File Extraction Tool (UPDATE May 8, 2020)

#71 Post by knox_xss » 18 May 2020 19:50

@madman271 Man, you have new bugreport PM... ;)
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!
jiang2019

Re: [TOOL] SXC Extractor - Flexible Game Data/Mod File Extraction Tool (UPDATE May 8, 2020)

#72 Post by jiang2019 » 19 May 2020 10:25

please help! I can't use the following files for packaging, other MODs can be packaged normally without problems.The following prompt appears only when packaging Jazzycat's transportation package. What's wrong?
20200519181445272.png
Last edited by jiang2019 on 19 May 2020 10:43, edited 3 times in total.
aKbeaasT

#73 Post by aKbeaasT » 04 Jun 2020 18:07

Hello, can i use this program to get templates from truck mods to make skins? if so.. how can i do it?

thanks!! (im new)
Maksef

#75 Post by Maksef » 23 Jun 2020 18:03

Thanks!! Everything works perfectly!!
EvgenKo423

#76 Post by EvgenKo423 » 26 Jul 2020 12:20

Hey, thanks for this great tool set! :ugeek: It's very cool overall, but I have some suggestions:
  1. Progress bar. Selective file extraction is very handy, but there's one thing I always wondered about when using original scs_extractor: if it takes so long to extract everything, why there is no any progress indication whatsoever?? Now, current file name is kinda useful, but it still doesn't show the overall progress (and its output is quite flood-ish). It would be cool to have a progress bar and there's no need to output all file names during extraction, so I suggest the following changes:
    1. Use the first line to output current file name being processed (it should be stripped as well to fit a single line);
    2. Use the second line to output a total progress bar.
    Like so:

Code: Select all

Extracting: /path/to/the/file.ext
    [==============================                         ]  56%

To update a single line you can simply output \r character. Updating previous lines on Windows will be harder...
  2. Modification time. Are they stored in SCS# archives? It would be awesome to extract them as well...
  3. Default folder for indexes. Storing indexes in a root folder creates a big mess there, just make a separate folder for them (e.g. "indexes"). I guess most people specify an index path only to fix this single annoyance.
  4. Multiple filters in command line. Filter lists are useful for filters which get re-used periodically, but for single-shot use it would be handy to be able to specify multiple filters through command line. They can be separated by ";", "," or " ", but they must be enclosed in quotes otherwise cmd will treat them as separate arguments.
  5. Use dialogs by default. If you provide a dialog interface in your console application, it would be much more useful if used when application is launched without any arguments (and conversely it is of little use when accessible through command line switches). This would allow people to use it as a simple GUI application. Consider the following changes:
    1. When no path arguments provided, use dialogs for both input and output path;
    2. When only input file is provided through command line, run List Mode as usual;
    3. When only output folder is provided through command line, use dialog to select an input file.
    You can use /? and -h switches to display usage.
  6. All switches in usage. As simple as that: list them all as many missing.
  7. Smart file overwriting (a.k.a. update mode). When -ov switch is used, overwrite a file only if its checksum mismatches. I guess SCS# archives should already have file checksums, but I doubt that computing them for existing files will improve performance. You can probably store previous checksums in an index and compare/update them with current during extraction.
... and a few issues:
  1. Output suppression in Extract Mode. Current behavior is OK when -q switch is used in List Mode, but I also think that in Extract Mode it should suppress everything (as others suggested earlier).
  2. Overall performance. When using original scs_extractor I also felt like it works very slow and it looks like your tool even works about 50% slower (tested on def.scs with nul output). Can something be done about this? Both of them probably bottleneck to hard drive performance, but maybe some multi-thread processing would help as well?

Edit:
Got this during extraction:

Code: Select all

xpand: model/mover/characters/textures/body/firefighter_color.dds
Warning: Internal error -> (UnpackStream2File)
Warning: Unable to extract file -> E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\extracted\base\model\mover\characters\textures\body\firefighter_color.dds
(3 items still missing in index file)
Last line - is this because of an error or extractable game archives also have some hidden files in them? :?
Chief86

#77 Post by Chief86 » 27 Jul 2020 16:45

does anybody have a copy of the SXC Installer. the dl links are dead for me. thanks.
Rule [4.4]
m1keY

#78 Post by m1keY » 27 Jul 2020 17:01

well the sharemods, modbase links works, only one that doesn't is the link to the "handytool" ...but it can be done manually as described on the first post
MaxS730

#79 Post by MaxS730 » 05 Aug 2020 12:44

Hello Guys,
can anyone make a GUI or a Installer for this or can help me with the Manual Install?
Thanks
luukf8

#80 Post by luukf8 » 05 Aug 2020 13:36

Hey guys,

Here is the new download link of the SXC installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yv775- ... sp=sharing
Madman doesn't reply to my private message, so the link in the first post isn't working anymore...

Return to “Others”