Web app - Euro Truck Simulator 2 dashboards

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
jagfx

Re: Web app - Euro Truck Simulator 2 dashboards

#121 Post by jagfx » 18 Apr 2021 16:00

Hey everyone!

To keep you up to date, I'm working on a side project to be able to generate the map tiles with some others stuff that can be cool for next features.

It's not be planned, but a major change was introduce and cause a breaking change. The next release will not be able to work with the old map tiles collection.
When it's ready, I'll write you few words and where get the new map tiles collection.

This way allow me to get and imagine a lot of funny feature myself.
For that, I need to generate tiles with:
- ETS2 base map (Full DLC)
- ATS base map (Full DLC)
- Promod (ETS)
- Promod Canada

If you want to participate, You'll made me happy.
All informations will be write here later (~1 week)

Thanks you so much !
bonczi

#122 Post by bonczi » 24 Apr 2021 18:12

I have been following various telemetry projects for a long time and I must admit that since Funbit's ETS2 telemetry server and Mobile Router Advisor there has not been such a well-prepared solution. And as it supports the newest Telemetry SDK, it is brilliant with the present addition of the map!
Congratulations on a really great job! I hope you can add support for the latest versions of SCS / Promods maps soon.

Also write how it will be possible to support your project :)
jagfx

#123 Post by jagfx » 24 Apr 2021 20:48

bonczi wrote: 24 Apr 2021 18:12 I have been following various telemetry projects for a long time and I must admit that since Funbit's ETS2 telemetry server and Mobile Router Advisor there has not been such a well-prepared solution. And as it supports the newest Telemetry SDK, it is brilliant with the present addition of the map!
Congratulations on a really great job! I hope you can add support for the latest versions of SCS / Promods maps soon.

Also write how it will be possible to support your project :)
Hi @bonczi

Many thanks ! Your message grow up my motivation on this project !

It's my goal: Make and use the latest SCS features with legacy dashboard and more.
Some feature around the map are planned :D. (Like a full route advisor integration ahah :D)

If you want to support this project, just share it, use it and enjoy ;)
If you can (and when it's available), you can generate map tiles collection for this project ;)

Have fun and play :D
JPD68

#124 Post by JPD68 » 01 May 2021 16:20

Tried this today, the lag was huge. Very sorry but it isn't working for me.
jagfx

#125 Post by jagfx » 01 May 2021 19:21

JPD68 wrote: 01 May 2021 16:20 Tried this today, the lag was huge. Very sorry but it isn't working for me.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Can you explain me your issue please?

On the JAGFx dashboard, you've got a configuration option to reduce the refresh rate.
When there it lower (aka high refresh data) it's may cause lag issues.
JPD68

#126 Post by JPD68 » 02 May 2021 06:21

Refresh rate is at 15 ms. But the information (on a Android mobile phone) was not fluent and lagging several seconds. Information like speed, gear and CC and messages like Park Truck.
I've been using this phone with the Telemetry Web Server for quite some time and never had lag issues. As the server seems not to be maintained anymore I'm very interested in your solution.
jagfx

#127 Post by jagfx » 02 May 2021 07:35

JPD68 wrote: 02 May 2021 06:21 Refresh rate is at 15 ms. But the information (on a Android mobile phone) was not fluent and lagging several seconds. Information like speed, gear and CC and messages like Park Truck.
I've been using this phone with the Telemetry Web Server for quite some time and never had lag issues. As the server seems not to be maintained anymore I'm very interested in your solution.
Ok.

If you try another value for the refresh rate (150 or 500 for example), you've got again this issue ?

Can you share me your phone specification please ?

Thanks a lot.
JPD68

#128 Post by JPD68 » 02 May 2021 10:00

I'll try this evening the phone is a Moto G5S plus with Android 8.0.1 installed. The dashboard is the only thing running.
Darkcaptain

#129 Post by Darkcaptain » 02 May 2021 13:48

I read correctly, "Full route advisor"? :D
JPD68

#130 Post by JPD68 » 02 May 2021 14:28

jagfx wrote: 02 May 2021 07:35
JPD68 wrote: 02 May 2021 06:21 Refresh rate is at 15 ms. But the information (on a Android mobile phone) was not fluent and lagging several seconds. Information like speed, gear and CC and messages like Park Truck.
Ok.

If you try another value for the refresh rate (150 or 500 for example), you've got again this issue ?

Can you share me your phone specification please ?

Thanks a lot.
Started it again this afternoon, no lag :roll: didn't change any setting. Will try to use it for a time and report back.

Return to “Others”